No Beagle Blow Superior... that blows superior...

EXO

• 2 weeks later...

I still have my broken Toynami Alpha. Buyer backed out and someone else wanted a part, but a lot of my PMs didn't make it thru the upgrade. If anyone wants to buy off parts, LMK.

img0663small.th.jpg

img0662small.th.jpg

img0660large.th.jpg

img0659large.th.jpg

hands are crumbling

right foot broke

right shoulder missile door broke (glued shut)

otherwise good as new! :D

I still have my broken Toynami Alpha. Buyer backed out and someone else wanted a part, but a lot of my PMs didn't make it thru the upgrade. If anyone wants to buy off parts, LMK.

hands are crumbling

right foot broke

right shoulder missile door broke (glued shut)

otherwise good as new! :D

fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I just got my very first 1/35 Gakken Legioss today, and I have a question about it. I noticed that both the Legioss' elbows can rotate 360 degrees, but only in 1 direction (clockwise if you're looking from the top with the toy facing you). Is that normal for this particular toy? Thank you!

I think you will find they rotate both ways, but on one I had it was very tight, and kinda 'clicked' when going the opposite direction.

Considerign the age of the toys, I would advise not rotating unless you have too, or unless you loosen them somehow first! =-)

does anyone remember a little 2-3 inch model, in several pieces that was available in the late 80's early 90's in bubblegum/gumball/quarter machines in the united states? i have a couple of these and was looking for some info on them. manufacturer, where to get more. that kind of thing

thanks

does anyone remember a little 2-3 inch model, in several pieces that was available in the late 80's early 90's in bubblegum/gumball/quarter machines in the united states? i have a couple of these and was looking for some info on them. manufacturer, where to get more. that kind of thing

thanks

This really belongs in the Mospeada thread in the Anime and Science Fiction section, but I will answer your question before it gets moved.

The model kits you are talking about are gumball machine knock-offs of small die-cast toys produced by Gakken in 1983:

Ride%20Armor%20Mini%20small%201.jpg

For a full review of the originals, head over to Anymoon.com http://anymoon.com/blog/2007/04/08/gakken-135-ride-armors

mo-speedo.JPG

The gumball machine versions came out in 1987 or so and were pretty cool since you could build a Ride Armor army out them. I had about a dozen back in the day :)

I can't say I have ever seen any eBay recently, so acquiring more is going to be a challenge. Many owners might consider them junk and never consider listing them.

I remember I was at a bowling alley when I saw those. I walked passed the gumball machine and I turned around to see if I saw what I thought I saw... man I put a bunch of quarters into that machine. I recasted these a while back for this forum... I might have extra but it'll take some digging to find. Theyre perfect next to the 1/35 Gakken Alpha!

oh... I never knew they had the motorcycles by themselves.. thats even more perfect!

Is it a model? I was about to pre-order until I noticed that it seems more like a model than toy.

It's a model kit. I got Pest X-san the other day and put it together in about 2 hours. There were a few really fiddly moments assembling it, but it's a snap kit that's mostly pre-colored and doesn't require glue.

Just be aware that Pest X-san is sold separately. i.e. the Oboro bike kit does not include the rider.

Hey guys, I really appreciate the info on these guys. my apologies for posting in the wrong forum:)

-tobey

This really belongs in the Mospeada thread in the Anime and Science Fiction section, but I will answer your question before it gets moved.

The model kits you are talking about are gumball machine knock-offs of small die-cast toys produced by Gakken in 1983:

Ride%20Armor%20Mini%20small%201.jpg

For a full review of the originals, head over to Anymoon.com http://anymoon.com/blog/2007/04/08/gakken-135-ride-armors

mo-speedo.JPG

The gumball machine versions came out in 1987 or so and were pretty cool since you could build a Ride Armor army out them. I had about a dozen back in the day :)

I can't say I have ever seen any eBay recently, so acquiring more is going to be a challenge. Many owners might consider them junk and never consider listing them.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Shadow Beta from Toynami is not going to be vaporware after all. The vendor I buy through said that he did not have a specific ship date, but I also saw this listing on ebay stating August 30th.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robotech-New-Generation-Beta-Fighter-Masterpiece-Vol-4-/260643619639?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caf920337

I hope it ships, I sure would like a full set. :)

• 2 weeks later...

so... whats this - http://www.bigbadtoy...search=robotech Lancer 1/10 (Beagle) robotech release?

sorry if it has been brought up before, but this is pretty interesting. Could they do something "right" for a change? lol

Pretty sure it's cancelled, but only Beagle knows for sure.

BBTS's product description says this:

"Product is currently 'on hold' with Toynami, we will keep preorders open until item is produced or officially cancelled."

Edited by RD Blade

R.I.P Mospeada 1983 - 2010....?

No news is bad news, we had a good run with a lot of stuff coming out.

There was exiding news every day with new legioss(s) and ride armors coming out left and right.

We could even be picky about what we wanted, those were some good days...

I'm still glad i got 2 beagle ride armors and finally got my Beta(s). We're lucky they still got produced.

Here's hoping for an other revival in a few years or so when the economy has picked up :(

part of the reason the regults are selling is because it's to scale with toynami's 1/100 line of veritechs. I know Maiden Japan included the invids in his which vinyl toy would you like to see poll. I'd be interested in how they would handle it scalewise because there really isn't any scale that they can work with unless people really want to see a 3" vynil invid trooper to go with their masterpiece alpha. They'd probably have to go with the Gosu.

I'd be interested in how they would handle it scalewise because there really isn't any scale that they can work with unless people really want to see a 3" vynil invid trooper to go with their masterpiece alpha. They'd probably have to go with the Gosu.

Or release the scouts in three packs and shock troopers in two packs.

part of the reason the regults are selling is because it's to scale with toynami's 1/100 line of veritechs. I know Maiden Japan included the invids in his which vinyl toy would you like to see poll. I'd be interested in how they would handle it scalewise because there really isn't any scale that they can work with unless people really want to see a 3" vynil invid trooper to go with their masterpiece alpha. They'd probably have to go with the Gosu.

NONE of my Mospeada stuff is ever in scale with anything else. I have a smattering of everything on my shelves, and I kind of like it actually......I say just make them a "good" size" around the same as the battlepods, nice and cheap, and HOOK us UP!! B))

NONE of my Mospeada stuff is ever in scale with anything else. I have a smattering of everything on my shelves, and I kind of like it actually......I say just make them a "good" size" around the same as the battlepods, nice and cheap, and HOOK us UP!! B))

I'm with you there... I'm just wondering how they would approach it. Scale is so inconsistent in the animation anyway. I'd be down with an invid that was as tall as the 1/100 regult... but then again I sold all my Alphas... so it'll be an invid by itself. I guess I'll get a Matchbox one to go with the 1/35 clunker that i still prefer over the newer Legioss toys.

You didn't get the CM???? slacker, cms are fantastic, and i do pray they get smart and release inbit in scale.

There's NOTHING wrong with the Toynami Alphas!!! I haven't transformed my red or green one EVER and they are GREAT! ;) My blue one has, well, some battle damage!! yeah that's it!

You didn't get the CM???? slacker, cms are fantastic, and i do pray they get smart and release inbit in scale.

I got my CMs from some guy on the boards here... cheap! but the trooper invid in that scale would be as tall as the voltron, now in terms of size the trooper is a lot rounder, don't know if they are willing to go that route, plus the CMs was never released by Toynami so they wont be scaling it with any of their products.

I'm with you there... I'm just wondering how they would approach it. Scale is so inconsistent in the animation anyway. I'd be down with an invid that was as tall as the 1/100 regult... but then again I sold all my Alphas... so it'll be an invid by itself. I guess I'll get a Matchbox one to go with the 1/35 clunker that i still prefer over the newer Legioss toys.

I think the CM's are more in scale with the Shock Trooper toy than the Gakken 1/35 toys:

mospsize.JPG

Edited by Totoro242