Bandai 1/60 Scale DX VF-27 Thread

KiriK

Yup my friend got mine today 3 VF-27's and 11 Stands, he also sent me the email Bandai sent to him.

So where ever you guys are getting yours from ask about the stickers. Im gonna have my stickers shipped to me later whenever they get to my friends house.

Hi other than the stickers, there are two missing pieces for the stand. For those of you who brought it, do ask from your suppiler for this.

I just received mine from the shop i brought from.

Edited by dyrl98

This looks really nice. Might have to be my next purchase. Also looks like a big, big improvement over the VF-25.

To be sure it will most likely be the red one, because the green one is one of those elusive, expensive, extraordinary exclusives theoretically only available to Japanese collectors, we outside pay a hefty premium to get them. It should be sold out by now?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I just got my VF-27 in the mail and I think it is just pure awesome. I can see people's complaints about this toy, but overall, I think it's a beauty. The diecast gives it a nice weight, and I like the fact that the shoulder joints are diecast, they feel sturdy unlike the Yamato valks where you feel like they'll snap off. Maybe it's because I'm a newer Macross collector and I only have three valks before this one (VF-1S, SV-51, VF-0S), or maybe it's because I don't pay enough attention to line art, etc., but I think this is a fantastic toy. I love my VF-1S the best, I really like the SV-51, I don't like the VF-0S really, and I love this one. Probably my second favorite.

So far, I have heard/read nothing but good things about this toy. I'm really looking forward to the day that I have disposable income again so that I can snatch one up. It's seems as though Bandai has stepped their game up quite a bit as my only experiences with their Valks are the Chunky Monkey and my Fire Valkrie.

So far, I have heard/read nothing but good things about this toy. I'm really looking forward to the day that I have disposable income again so that I can snatch one up. It's seems as though Bandai has stepped their game up quite a bit as my only experiences with their Valks are the Chunky Monkey and my Fire Valkrie.

That's a relief. Don't know too many people who like their 25's. Let's hope BanDai fixes them up and reissues them.

And also...I took a 90% paycut recently. So, yeah, I hear ya on the disposable income. Soon, very soon I hope. :)

I love this toy. It's awesome. Definitely worth every bit I paid. I got mine through the HLJ sale a few weeks back and it is definitely worth every penny. My only beef with the toy is the sharp fins near the cockpit. Be very careful about transforming, or else you can a) stab yourself on them or b) have them snap off. They've fallen off on me a couple of times, but thankfully the two on top are meant to come off if pressure is applied. Also, as far as the nose cone paint problems, I have none. I've been careful with it, but I've transformed it about two dozen times now, not a scratch.

That's a relief. Don't know too many people who like their 25's. Let's hope BanDai fixes them up and reissues them.

I have the VF-25G an I like it. The stubby landing gear is ridiculous and there are other minor problems (eg: shoulders don't lock in, articulation with the armor is very limited in the legs, no swivel for A-stance) but overall I like it. If I paid full retail for it I would have been annoyed. That being said, I probably won't pick up another VF-25 except maybe the Ozma one.

Edited by pud333

• 1 year later...

Slightly OT, but I couldn't find any other topics for this.

For the older DX toys (specifically, the VF-27, which was supposed to be a better release), do the joints get weaker simply as they sit inside the box in fighter mode? Also, how horrible do they really get (I'm interested in getting one)....? At this late in the game, even in a new piece, do the joints and hinges simply break a lot?

Thanks in advance

VF-27's don't break, but they do get loose in the shoulders. The standard nail polish/superglue trick works well on them, especially as you can disassemble them easily since they're screwed together with no caps over them, and not glued anywhere.

Slightly OT, but I couldn't find any other topics for this.

For the older DX toys (specifically, the VF-27, which was supposed to be a better release), do the joints get weaker simply as they sit inside the box in fighter mode? Also, how horrible do they really get (I'm interested in getting one)....? At this late in the game, even in a new piece, do the joints and hinges simply break a lot?

Thanks in advance

I have both 27 releases, they are both pretty equal in terms of loose joints and the paint chipping issue that the Bandai's all seem to suffer.

As David said they can be easily tightened, I personally find that nail polish works best for the shoulders. The beam rifle that the 27's come with is a beast and in order to hold the rifle in some unique poses you will need to give the joints a coat right out of the box.

Very cool Valk, which ever you choose.

My VF-27 has held up surprisingly well. Besides the shoulders going loose (something as others pointed out, is very easy to fix), nothing has gone wrong. No paint chipping, no breaks or stress marks. And I've transformed the crap out of it. However, I still want a renewal version. I know others want a Michel or Luca first, and I certainly wouldn't say no, but if I had a choice, I'd opt for a renewal 27. It's just my favorite design. Fighter and gerwalk are fine, but in battroid, it looks like the shorter, stumpier young brother.

photo5-39.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just got one (thanks jennety_ !) and it really is awesome. Although I haven't done a full battroid transformation, the fighter mode is really beautiful (this is my first DX valk, so all the tampo printing is pretty appalling) and the sample I got had tight joints as well (although it looks so good, I wouldn't really care even if it had loose joints).

i probably have a bias since the VF-27 is my favorite valk, but it really is a great piece. Sad I missed this so long ago, and only now am delving in.

I iz happy :)

Edited by Archer

My VF-27 has held up surprisingly well. Besides the shoulders going loose (something as others pointed out, is very easy to fix), nothing has gone wrong. No paint chipping, no breaks or stress marks. And I've transformed the crap out of it. However, I still want a renewal version. I know others want a Michel or Luca first, and I certainly wouldn't say no, but if I had a choice, I'd opt for a renewal 27. It's just my favorite design. Fighter and gerwalk are fine, but in battroid, it looks like the shorter, stumpier young brother.

photo5-39.jpg

Whats the reason for such a height differance is it simply because the legs on the newer valk stretch out more the previous models?

The reason for the height difference in that particular picture is because the ankles on the VF-27 are not extended as they should be and there is no swing bar in the hip section like all the VF-25 renewal versions.

***EDIT***

If Bandai just releases exclusive hip-part and hand supplement parts for the VF-27 it would be one of the best valks out there because that's all the VF-27 really needs.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I gotta say, how in the world do you guys open the cockpit canopy??! It's soo hard, and I'm scared to no end that I'll scratch all the delicate paint around the area!

There's actually a slight indent halfway along the base of the canopy where the green part begins. I usually stick my finger in there and pry it open that way.

I posted this a while back, but here it is again:

Look up inside the nose gear bay. In the very center of the "roof" of the gear bay you can see a little rectangular tab--that's the canopy's lock tab. Push it with a toothpick, and the cockpit opens right up. Much easier/safer than trying to pry the canopy open from above.

I posted this a while back, but here it is again:

Look up inside the nose gear bay. In the very center of the "roof" of the gear bay you can see a little rectangular tab--that's the canopy's lock tab. Push it with a toothpick, and the cockpit opens right up. Much easier/safer than trying to pry the canopy open from above.

Cool. Sounds better than what I've been doing.