Doubt we will see a Turn A considering how badly the series flopped, they also had a hard time selling the kits.

In for the RG Exia.

What makes you think Turn A was a flop? To my recollection it was popular and very original and unique blend we have yet to see repeated in the Gundamverse.

What flopped was the marketing of the models. They didn't make many, and what's available back then is hard to get. I own a MG Turn A and I enjoyed the kit a lot. You won't find a lot of the same mechanics used from Turn A into other Gundams. Heck, Turn A was one of my favorite Gundam shows. I absorbed the hell out of that show.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, maybe the new MG Sazabi? I'm not really sure what you are looking for but that's the kit I've been debating on getting :lol:

Already got it, loved it, still need to finish decaling it though but it's a pain in the ass.

I went to the model shop to see what they had I could buy on the spot with my Credit card....buuuuut, all they had was RG full burn Gundam unit 1 and Freedom. Strike Freedom I'd maybe get, but not the Freedom itself. And I sure as hell wouldn't blow 55 bucks on Build Strike full package when i can get it half the price.

I was looking at the original MG AGE 01 Gundam, I hear good things, and I liked its design. It's possible I'll pick that one up but that's not until after payday.

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh boy! i got my dream gundam :wub:

photo1_zps9cdc8b47.jpgphoto2_zps6f7a0314.jpg

i'm hoping one day i will have the guts to build it. i'm just staring at the box for now...

edite: forgot a shot of the front of the box:

photo1_zpsfaf6acaf.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I had that one long long time ago. prepare for massive painting, even the lil Gundam figure will need painting and gluing too if I remember right.

After my doctors appoint today I stopped by the hobby store closest to the hospital and picked up Destiny Gundam. I know I know, ick, GSD, it's not my favorite either. But for 32 dollars? That's not a bad deal at all.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I had that one long long time ago. prepare for massive painting, even the lil Gundam figure will need painting and gluing too if I remember right.

After my doctors appoint today I stopped by the hobby store closest to the hospital and picked up Destiny Gundam. I know I know, ick, GSD, it's not my favorite either. But for 32 dollars? That's not a bad deal at all.

Get a RG Justice Gundam next :) it looks awesome.

IIRC, the 1/144 dendrobium includes the same GP03 as the stand alone GP03 release.

thanks, that's good to know it's the same 1/144 hg as the standalone

Congratulations on getting the Dendobrium kit! I remember getting mine at Anime Expo a decade ago. To get it home, I actually had to check it in as a separate piece of baggage!

i got it for 12200yen but shipping was 11800yen EMS :o huge box and ship cost but it was a good price and an amazing kit:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Get a RG Justice Gundam next :) it looks awesome.

thanks, that's good to know it's the same 1/144 hg as the standalone

i got it for 12200yen but shipping was 11800yen EMS :o huge box and ship cost but it was a good price and an amazing kit:)

it crossed my mind, but that was 41.25 while I think the Destiny was even cheaper than the Amazon listing by PENNIES. Justice to me is a purple Gundam with a Base jabber backpack, it never really appealed to me. If I did buy one, I'd want Infinite Justice to go with Strike Freedom tbh.

Only got the weapons, shield and backpack done. Usually I start sticker application when the whole thing is finished. But it's given me an urge to watch SEED again.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah infinite justice would be a good match with strike but i like the fact you can use the backpack as a skateboard for regular justice. looking forward to seeing photos of the stickered up destiny

Already got it, loved it, still need to finish decaling it though but it's a pain in the ass.

I went to the model shop to see what they had I could buy on the spot with my Credit card....buuuuut, all they had was RG full burn Gundam unit 1 and Freedom. Strike Freedom I'd maybe get, but not the Freedom itself. And I sure as hell wouldn't blow 55 bucks on Build Strike full package when i can get it half the price.

I was looking at the original MG AGE 01 Gundam, I hear good things, and I liked its design. It's possible I'll pick that one up but that's not until after payday.

Yup i had a a lot of painting to do. Also got more decals for it from samual decal. But I chucked the gundam and got the rg to use with this

Still working on my destiny gundam, didn't have any time last night. I did however caved in and ordered gundam age unit 1. I always did like that version over the others as it just felt close to the original in some way, not very the top until the equipment rolled out. I almost got the unit 2 variant, but I wanna wait and see how I like this one.

For a while, I've been thinking about getting a sparring partner for my custom 00 Gundam project from a few pages back. Unfortunately, despite being mass-production units, the GN-X III and Ahead are hard to come by in my area. The Arche Gundam is not really that appealing, and there's something not right about the Garazzo and Gadessa flying solo. After much debate, the 1.5 ("Eyes") Gundam has become my top candidate. Is there anything I have to watch out for before I pick it up at my hobby shop?

After much debate, the 1.5 ("Eyes") Gundam has become my top candidate. Is there anything I have to watch out for before I pick it up at my hobby shop?

I built the 1.5 some time ago in slightly altered colors and with small mods, it's a good kit of a great design from 00.

5268871918_266491ec25_z.jpg
5268872032_5dfa5ce82d_z.jpg

I built the 1.5 some time ago in slightly altered colors and with small mods, it's a good kit of a great design from 00.

Sweet paint job, dude. The dark blue really makes a better contrast than the stock purple, which doesn't photograph well.

I think the 1/1.5/reborns is the best looking series of suits from 00 besides the exia/00/Quanta family. I'd love to have any of them in 1/100 scale, especially the 1.

I couldn't agree more, though I'm more inclined to the 1 ("Eye") and 1.5 ("Eyes"). The transformation gimmick of Reborns is a bit overboard, as the 1.5 Gundam proves you only need one form to have badass cannons.

Finally found some time to open up a recently-purchased MG Aile Strike Gundam RM version. Reading through the instructions now and hopefully will be able to get started soon.

BTW, are the decals dry or wet transfer?

Been ages since I last built a model kit; can't believe I can't even recognize the difference anymore.

Thanks, David! That makes it dry transfer, then--the sheet's white.

One of the main reasons I don't like dry transfer is that once it's on the surface, it'll likely stick there. The last time I used dry transfer decals was on my MG Exia, and that didn't exactly end well. Foolishly tried to lift a decal up and readjust, but part of it stuck to the surface without any rubbing. With dry transfer, you pretty much have to get it right on the first try.

Dry transfers come on a clear plastic carrier sheet with a thin sheet of white paper as protective cover. bandai waterslides are light blue and stickers are light green.

I do like that dry transfers are enharently less messy than waterslide decals. there's no water or settling agents or stuff that smells like viniger.

Edited by anime52k8

So I'm building my first Gunpla set the RG Destiny Gundam. Unfortunately I forgot to order the brown panel lining pen so the gray one has to suffice. However I have a few questions.

I want to clear coat it. Do I put the stickers on before or after the clear coat?

I have the MG Nu Gundam in the backlog. The RG is more or less a training dummy so I don't screw up the MG completely. The Nu Gundam has water transfer decals. When do I put does on. Before the clear coat, after or in between? ^_^

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Scyla