Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 10/9/2022 at 9:41 PM, Robin-11 said:

Same exact thing here. Bandai's policy is getting every day more absurd... personally i couldn't even find the pre-order for it on AJP...good thing gunpla are not very expensive so custom taxes won't be so tragic...just out of curiosity, how much do they charge in germany for importing this kind of goods? In italy with DHL is around the 30% of the purchase(including shipping which is absolutely ridicoulous).

Sorry for the late reply – German VAT is at 19% and so far I have never come across additional custom taxes for importing. If the store doesn't declare the item value at all or doesn't collect/register the VAT beforehand at purchase (see EU IOSS), then DHL Germany will charge an additional flat fee of €6.00 for handing and up-fronting taxation.

On AJP for example I normally just pay the 19% VAT (after subtracting the 10% Japanese tax) + DHL shipping cost. I can't evade the VAT, but their pre-order discounts normally compensate for that and I have absolute transparency of eventual costs. With AE I seem to evade any required VAT and never been charged anything additional by DHL – not quite sure what magic they are working here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, lechuck said:

Sorry for the late reply – German VAT is at 19% and so far I have never come across additional custom taxes for importing. If the store doesn't declare the item value at all or doesn't collect/register the VAT beforehand at purchase (see EU IOSS), then DHL Germany will charge an additional flat fee of €6.00 for handing and up-fronting taxation.

On AJP for example I normally just pay the 19% VAT (after subtracting the 10% Japanese tax) + DHL shipping cost. I can't evade the VAT, but their pre-order discounts normally compensate for that and I have absolute transparency of eventual costs. With AE I seem to evade any required VAT and never been charged anything additional by DHL – not quite sure what magic they are working here.

Thank you for the explanation, the situation is very similar here in Italy, with packages from stores such as AE or the old NY that were magiacally free of every importing tax. Now they are taxing EVERY pacakage coming from non-EU countries so it's always 10 euro for the small ones and 20 for the bigger ones...i think it's just extortion but, what can we do?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems that taxes will be hitting us in the states as well. Hobby search just sent an email saying that starting November 1st they’ll be adding taxation and offered a one time 20% off shipping  coupon that doesn’t include dhl. I haven’t received word from other sites yet, but I get the feeling they won’t be the only site to make that change 

Edited by Big s
.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Big s said:

Seems that taxes will be hitting us in the states as well. Hobby search just sent an email saying that starting November 1st they’ll be adding taxation and offered a one time 20% off shipping  coupon that doesn’t include dhl. I haven’t received word from other sites yet, but I get the feeling they won’t be the only site to make that change 

So every state will have a different tax? That's just...unfortunate for you. I feel sorry about that.Really.I still have to understand why i need to pay a tax for buying something abroad which i cannot buy in my home country(it doesn't go for every japanese anime related goods but for many of them).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Seems that taxes will be hitting us in the states as well. Hobby search just sent an email saying that starting November 1st they’ll be adding taxation and offered a one time 20% off shipping  coupon that doesn’t include dhl. I haven’t received word from other sites yet, but I get the feeling they won’t be the only site to make that change 

I recall seeing a notice on Amiami's site last month... it's up there on their main page still:
2137082667_Screenshot2022-10-25112157.png.7743a3971fa0017468876da1376d83e8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Robin-11 said:

So every state will have a different tax? That's just...unfortunate for you. I feel sorry about that.Really.I still have to understand why i need to pay a tax for buying something abroad which i cannot buy in my home country(it doesn't go for every japanese anime related goods but for many of them).

Just found the link for HS's notice regarding the tax:
https://www.1999.co.jp/tax_collection_e.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2022 at 4:34 PM, anubis20 said:

I'm curious if these taxes are actually being paid to local states. How does a local state enforce taxes on a company that is not even registered in the US? Who in Virginia, Florida, etc says: "Hobby Search in Japan has not paid us sales taxes this month!"?

The follow up question would be whether you have to pay import taxes again once it comes through your mail system or via DHL/FedEx.  If I am charged taxes by a Japanese vendor, they better not charge me again when I get the package.  Thankfully, it does not look like they are doing this for Canada just yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey GunPla Masters. I know it's a long shot. But did anyone encounter a third party Metal Frame set for MG 1/100 RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.3?

Thanks in advance. :hi:

Havent seen one yet. I only know of the ones for the MG SEED 2.0 kits, the MG Gat-X kits, Barbatos, Nu, Hi-Nu, and Sazabi. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I forget what the Extreme feature of this kit is again. I recall the majority of the advertised features being a variety of plate coatings as well as some runners molded in different formulations of "gold." Is there lighting and/or metal parts?

The extreme feature is the gold frame in its multi colored goldness. That and its supposed golden articulation with the golden frame.

I really wasn’t excited to be honest, but gundams themselves aren’t that exciting to me very often. I also wasn’t a seed fan, but I could see someone who is a fan loving it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I forget what the Extreme feature of this kit is again. I recall the majority of the advertised features being a variety of plate coatings as well as some runners molded in different formulations of "gold." Is there lighting and/or metal parts?

 

12 minutes ago, Big s said:

The extreme feature is the gold frame in its multi colored goldness. That and its supposed golden articulation with the golden frame.

I really wasn’t excited to be honest, but gundams themselves aren’t that exciting to me very often. I also wasn’t a seed fan, but I could see someone who is a fan loving it.

Also... a open hatch-ish feature to reveal all the glorious gold, lol. I missed the POs -_-. It's a reg release so I figured I could wait. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rock said:

F I N A L L Y P-Bandai will get my money this year!

MG Stark Jegan!

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/11/p-bandai-mg-1100-stark-jegan-release.html

 

i am influenced by the evergreen HG proportions of the wider shoulder missile packs 😂

616075459_1(1).jpg.b06ec79fb4b459b9682ff1a0b0061d90.jpg

nevertheless finally an MG of the stark..:good:

 

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I'm going to assume this is entirely due to my whining about a lack of new GM's in MG scale.

As far as gm mg kits, I’d like to see updates of the ones from 0083. It would also be interesting to see a GM Quell like the one that was actually in the ova. I was impressed with the 0080 treatment and wish they’d do others. Honestly anything that isn’t a gundam at least catches my interest these days. I’m so bored of mg gundam kits especially when there are so many great designs in the gundam franchise that aren’t gundams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Rock said:

http://schizophonic9.com/re7/mgex_strikefreedom.html

http://schizophonic9.com/re7/mgex_strikefreedom2.html

Probably the most comprehensive breakdown of the new MGEX kit and comparison to the original Master Grade.

Thanks for the review links.  Looks good, although the gold is a bit of a let down.  It looks like there are only a few instances of lame gold.  The coating also does not seem consistent, but the armour hides most of the it.  I am still on the fence as to the value of the kit.  It looks much nicer than the original kit but it is pricy for a master grade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...