Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

HG 1/144 GUNDAM AERIAL
October 2022
Y1300

 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's a weird design.  From some angles it looks really cool.  From others it looks absolutely dreadful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 3:58 AM, Big s said:

Figured this would be the best place for this kit.64D1CC2A-7F3A-41BC-9C16-2BE6F1573873.jpeg.1559da684f31ac93ac1b5b7cbae653f4.jpegit’s a bit late for April fools jokes, but there’s an actual preorder for it

I've never understood the need for kits like this one and the noodle cup. Its cheaper to get the real thing than the kit 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

I've never understood the need for kits like this one and the noodle cup. Its cheaper to get the real thing than the kit 😅

I can kinda see the noodles, but I don’t get the trash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Is this legit? Saw it on tweeter but not yet on HobbtDengeki, Inask, or Taghobby…

image.png.47d91b25033d9297332ea129079f85a8.png

That was an April Fool's joke. A pretty good one at that but as the poster above me stated, Feb 29 isn't a real day and not a leap year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 1:16 PM, HayateAltoHunter said:

Is this legit? Saw it on tweeter but not yet on HobbtDengeki, Inask, or Taghobby…

image.png.47d91b25033d9297332ea129079f85a8.png

'2023(年)29(月)2(日)発売' reads as 2023(year) 29(month) 2(day) release. The mere fact that's in Nihonggo, not sure why that got messed up. :unknw:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Justice is complete and now I have the Seed 2.0 kits out of the way :D Not sure if the Eclipse counts since it uses part of the 2.0 frame.  If I had to pick a favorite it would be the Providence mainly because it can stand without any assistance. The Justice can barely stand and the ankle armor on the Freedom gets in the way. Took a bunch of pics so please check them out on my Flickr. 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build MG Justice Gundam Painted Build MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

The Justice is complete and now I have the Seed 2.0 kits out of the way :D Not sure if the Eclipse counts since it uses part of the 2.0 frame.  If I had to pick a favorite it would be the Providence mainly because it can stand without any assistance. The Justice can barely stand and the ankle armor on the Freedom gets in the way. Took a bunch of pics so please check them out on my Flickr. 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build MG Justice Gundam Painted Build MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

 

 

Nice work, I like how it looks with the backpack detached 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

The Justice is complete and now I have the Seed 2.0 kits out of the way :D Not sure if the Eclipse counts since it uses part of the 2.0 frame.  If I had to pick a favorite it would be the Providence mainly because it can stand without any assistance. The Justice can barely stand and the ankle armor on the Freedom gets in the way. Took a bunch of pics so please check them out on my Flickr. 

  MG Justice Gundam Painted Build

Superb as always @anubis20!  :good::wub: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a shortage of kits right now? A lot of items in HLJ seem to be backordered. I was looking for something to go with a planned preorder but the lack of choices is discouraging. I also checked on Amazon but I had a recent stressful experience where they mislabeled a shipment. Thankfully it was sorted out but I kind of don't want to order from them for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hachi said:

Is there a shortage of kits right now? A lot of items in HLJ seem to be backordered. I was looking for something to go with a planned preorder but the lack of choices is discouraging. I also checked on Amazon but I had a recent stressful experience where they mislabeled a shipment. Thankfully it was sorted out but I kind of don't want to order from them for a while.

There does seem to be a shortage currently. Not just at hlj, but all around. There have been restocks going on, but those haven’t been the big restocks of a few years back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Big s said:

There does seem to be a shortage currently. Not just at hlj, but all around. There have been restocks going on, but those haven’t been the big restocks of a few years back

So I wasn't imagining it then. I wonder if it's the recent lockdowns in China, and they couldn't get kits out faster? If there's less stuff to go around now I pity those who do lots of Xmas shopping, to deal with low supply and inflation. (Inflation has also been high here in the Philippines.)  The gunpla selection in the local stores has also been dwindling (at least the dept. stores). Online, it depends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, hachi said:

So I wasn't imagining it then. I wonder if it's the recent lockdowns in China, and they couldn't get kits out faster? If there's less stuff to go around now I pity those who do lots of Xmas shopping, to deal with low supply and inflation. (Inflation has also been high here in the Philippines.)  The gunpla selection in the local stores has also been dwindling (at least the dept. stores). Online, it depends.

Afaik all bandai injection kits (HG, RG, RE, MG, PG) are made in Japan. With the exception of the Hi Res kits where the inner frames are made in china, shipped to bandai (japan) where they are boxed/paired up with bandai (made) injected runners and then shipped out from there. 

MB, Chogokin DX, gffmc, robot spirits, MS etc. Action figure types are made in china. 

With kits on backorder status on HLJ are sometimes just when they restock (roll of the dice). It may say BO now and if you place an order it may fill the next day or a week (or few). From my understanding they restock often enough. Unless bandai is pulling a cute one with HLJ and punishing them for refusing the bandai cease and desist order for shipping outside of japan... then idk, lol. Maybe send HLJ an email to inquire?

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Afaik all bandai injection kits (HG, RG, RE, MG, PG) are made in Japan. With the exception of the Hi Res kits where the inner frames are made in china, shipped to bandai (japan) where they are boxed/paired up with bandai (made) injected runners and then shipped out from there. 

MB, Chogokin DX, gffmc, robot spirits, MS etc. Action figure types are made in china. 

With kits on backorder status on HLJ are sometimes just when they restock (roll of the dice). It may say BO now and if you place an order it may fill the next day or a week (or few). From my understanding they restock often enough. Unless bandai is pulling a cute one with HLJ and punishing them for refusing the bandai cease and desist order for shipping outside of japan... then idk, lol. Maybe send HLJ an email to inquire?

Does that include raw materials? So much stuff is made in China or have raw materials come from there it always comes to mind whenever shortages occur.

As for HLJ, I'll try that BO order once the preorder is in (or maybe a week before it's in?). I've also noticed that private warehouse is now unlimited (is that really true). But I want to ship as soon as possible to avoid the xmas shopping season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I also believe a lot of the issue is also how much crap they are making. Every month there is some new limited color, version of a kit eating up time on the production lines. Instead of just having a few new kits in production they are also getting delayed by their obligations for the special edition kits and recolors they owe each gundam base and commercial promotional tie-ins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They may be making more money on limited editions if they have certain number of orders. But I'm not in the gunpla business so I'm not sure if that's true.

 

Anyway, are there any other quirky suits like the Kapool and Wodom? I got the Build Divers version of those because I thought they were funny. (Basically a lot of Turn A suits are in this category.) I don't really follow the UC timeline after 08th MS Team (have tried to finish Zeta I am still not done lol). For alternate U I watched several episodes of IBO but dropped it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hachi said:

They may be making more money on limited editions if they have certain number of orders. But I'm not in the gunpla business so I'm not sure if that's true.

 

Anyway, are there any other quirky suits like the Kapool and Wodom? I got the Build Divers version of those because I thought they were funny. (Basically a lot of Turn A suits are in this category.) I don't really follow the UC timeline after 08th MS Team (have tried to finish Zeta I am still not done lol). For alternate U I watched several episodes of IBO but dropped it.

As far as quirky, a lot of the marine suits from the original series are a bit odd. I love the hygog and there’s also the gogg or the acguy and zock are pretty weird. 
there’s also the weird ones from crossbone that turn into hands, but those are a bit tough to get these days since they were exclusives.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hachi said:

Anyway, are there any other quirky suits like the Kapool and Wodom?

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I love the hygog and there’s also the gogg or the acguy and zock are pretty weird. 

I think the Big Zam deserves to be part of this conversation. 😊

xd17dbllv3m81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tekering said:

I think the Big Zam deserves to be part of this conversation. 😊

xd17dbllv3m81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

If you’re going with mobile armor, the the zakurello should be mentioned, but I don’t remember if it had a recent kit in a few decades 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Big s said:

the zakurello should be mentioned, but I don’t remember if it had a recent kit in a few decades 

Just this one. 😅

f4e8be49-cf35-418a-afec-63543d070007.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2022 at 2:22 PM, Big s said:

As far as quirky, a lot of the marine suits from the original series are a bit odd. I love the hygog and there’s also the gogg or the acguy and zock are pretty weird. 
there’s also the weird ones from crossbone that turn into hands, but those are a bit tough to get these days since they were exclusives.

 

Yeah those marine type suits have odd designs.

22 hours ago, tekering said:

I think the Big Zam deserves to be part of this conversation. 😊

xd17dbllv3m81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

That looks like a big insect! Was this in UC? I don't remember it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...