Some nice stuff. I’m totally skipping the seed stuff, but I like the rest. Hathaway’s flash items have got me jazzed up. The instructions for the Gustav Karl mentions a light armored version, so I’m hoping that happens along with the messer.

WOW.  RX-121-2 Gundam Hazel II with options for the GM Quel and Hazel-head GM Quel was shown at Shizuoka.....

Since every other MG AOZ was P-Bandai, this new GM Quel will also be paywalled by P-Bandai.

*queue epic salt*

aq11.jpg.d0b94ef77de4cea4abb1323577397093.jpg

aq12.jpg.b2c3669f86e28313258656f14c28b0e7.jpgaq13.jpg.5be7ed62d96463a4a69e3404ca6a4e48.jpgaq14.jpg.bb14a5c7f4ebd93832c937db8c81e263.jpg

Edited by Duymon

On 5/8/2019 at 3:09 PM, Duymon said:

WOW.  RX-121-2 Gundam Hazel II with options for the GM Quel and Hazel-head GM Quel was shown at Shizuoka.....

Since every other MG AOZ was P-Bandai, this new GM Quel will also be paywalled by P-Bandai.

*queue epic salt*

aq11.jpg.d0b94ef77de4cea4abb1323577397093.jpg

aq12.jpg.b2c3669f86e28313258656f14c28b0e7.jpgaq13.jpg.5be7ed62d96463a4a69e3404ca6a4e48.jpgaq14.jpg.bb14a5c7f4ebd93832c937db8c81e263.jpg

My dilemma. :( I've alway liked the suits from AoZ. But I really can't bring myself on getting these MG's. I'm only buying the recent HG releases such as the TR-6 and so on just to complete my HG AoZ kits that I started 12 years ago. On top of that, I don't even have time to build nor paint. I only wish that they should release the Hazels thru Robot Damashii. I wouldn't mind Metal Damashii as well. :rolleyes:

I think it's funny how new SEED kits get a lot of people REALLY excited and prompts new discussions about possible future SEED kits coming out. I personally like the SEED and 00 designs over most UC, so I'm always interested in these new kits or Metal Builds.

Edited by JakCrow

I’m the other way around. If I see something uc get excited. That Penelope has me jazzed  I’m pretty sure the flight pack is removable, otherwise that would be a brick. To be honest even if it is, I’d still buy it.

Edited by Big s
Correction

Yeah, ny had the preorder up the other week along with the other 2 packs. I bout the 2 packs but passed on the 36. I don’t think I would ever have time for all that let alone have space for them. For anyone that loves army building there’s your army and I’ll see you in a decade.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah everyone goes for the EX-S these days.

I think I'll keep this as the S and after I paint it up and get some decals it'll be nice.

It's really stupid that these $100+ kits don't have Friggin decals. Just like the deepstriker I'll need to source 3rd party decals for this too.

I’m with you on the decal complaint. There should be no excuse for the lack of decals. I’m just glad my jegan d came with a decent set. I think all kits should have at least unit number and basic emblem decals, rg or higher grade should have a full set.

I read a lot of complaints about the S-Gundam head, torso, shoulder pauldrons etc., which of course all look better now. But that image emphasises the one thing that I have never liked with the MG which should have been fixed and that is the wide hips, it just doesn't line up nicely with the waist (plate) and main body.

355793014_mgex-sgundamver.1.5.jpg.07f7daab832c49f997826737b8504d5e.jpg

Luckily the thunder thighs aren't an issue on the S-Gundam Booster Type :D

You can create the S-Gundam booster type from the deep striker and some extra parts. I nabbed the hand cover and backpack beamguns that were leftover form my S-Gundam build. For the crotch-piece you can just take out the back of the crotch piece and push the unused core-fighter nosecone in there for a near-perfect fit.

Gonna leave the extra wings on the shoudlers off and just waiting on two extra red forearm covers to arrive from Japan before I actually work on paiting / etc.

20190603_113134_HDR_2.thumb.jpg.f3bbce40dbef03b1ab442269b0c1db72.jpg

Edited by Duymon

On 5/9/2019 at 10:30 AM, seti88 said:

RG Nu in actual.... https://ameblo.jp/digitamin/entry-12460156435.html

o0940070514406753253.jpg.2b1e67193873fa8e0f0aebfd8b85fac8.jpgo0940109714406753231.jpg.b9f10e21342c0e63676805372d30c17a.jpgo0940109714406753273.jpg.ff1b539d00198593868be6170a4c1d0f.jpg

The armor having a hole/gap in the middle of the shoulder is a bit annoying for me...seems more pronounced when panel lined...
However everything else looks incredible... 

I think they missed the RG concept on the thighs.  No lines or separated parts whatsoever.  That I will say is a big miss.

Edited by Ridden001

For those who do topcoats, I have a question. Are the topcoats affected by high temperatures? I would like to leave top coated gunplas in my room, but on really hot days the temp could go past 35 deg C (of course I would not stay in the room--usually happens at noon onwards). It could be higher if I lock my room when I go out. If they will peel off over time I'd rather not topcoat, or just put them in a cooler place and topcoat only a few chosen kits.

3 hours ago, hachi said:

For those who do topcoats, I have a question. Are the topcoats affected by high temperatures? I would like to leave top coated gunplas in my room, but on really hot days the temp could go past 35 deg C (of course I would not stay in the room--usually happens at noon onwards). It could be higher if I lock my room when I go out. If they will peel off over time I'd rather not topcoat, or just put them in a cooler place and topcoat only a few chosen kits.

I don't think it is so much heat as humidity and UV that are the main concerns with topcoat.  I live in a more moderate zone so I usually don't get more than a week of two of 35 degree weather and I have never had peeling issues with topcoat, especially once the topcoat has had adequate time to cure.  The quality of the topcoat makes a big difference.  I know some modelers use the ultra thick Krylon top coats, but I would recommend the ones formulated for plastic models, like Tamiya/Gunze.  The Japanese stuff is formulated for their climate so that would probably be your best bet.

There is also a mr hobby topcoat that blocks uv light, but I just use model master lacquer dull coat most of the time. I live in California, so it can get fairly hot here in the summer but I’ve had no problems with heat and top coats.

The latest pics I saw (looked like actual test-shot, not painted sample) of HG Sandrock looked REALLY blue.  Terrible, IMHO.  I'd have accepted most anything from "Deathscythe navy" to "Tallgeese dark grey"  (though would of course prefer pure black, but Bandai pretty much doesn't ever mold true black)----but it looked almost purple-indigo to me.   Will have to paint the whole thing if that's the actual molded color.