On 5/20/2017 at 6:56 AM, Big s said:

I was also wondering about the refined barzam. I would love a hg, but I think bandai would probably do a re 1/100 if it happens.

A HG version is easier than ever now that the regular Barzam and revive MK II are out. Bandai can source the head, back skirt and feet from Barzam and use the Mk II for most everything else. The only new tooling needed (that I can think of) is the lower legs, front skirts, chest and under barrel grenade launcher. Throw in some waterslide Pezun markings and we got an easy P-Bandai cash in. A Re100 would be cool to have but I wonder if they would just make it a MG and use the 2.0 Mk II frame.

I've been building atleast 2 kits a week in the last few weeks. Regardless of one being painted and the other a straight build or not. I just finished this Zaku I Char unit tonight....adding on a nice flat coat and chipping giving it the look that it was the final battle Char would have with this unit.

18582138_10213087423477274_5745971319710342784_n.jpg

18698522_10213087423797282_852391356396747020_n.jpg

Mono eye is on but some reason this thing refuses to turn in the direction it should, kept looking it over and it still wouldn't do it weirdly enough.

as for the sight nah, it's not gonna be visible in the cabinet. It's posed differently right now.

On 5/22/2017 at 10:46 PM, Hikuro said:

I've been building atleast 2 kits a week in the last few weeks. Regardless of one being painted and the other a straight build or not. I just finished this Zaku I Char unit tonight....adding on a nice flat coat and chipping giving it the look that it was the final battle Char would have with this unit.

18582138_10213087423477274_5745971319710342784_n.jpg

18698522_10213087423797282_852391356396747020_n.jpg

Seems like you've gotten pretty good with that airbrush since I last checked in on you!

• 2 weeks later...

MSM and RG Unicorn up for preorder.

LE(?) RG: https://hlj.com/product/BANN20714

"The RG Unicorn Gundam's first release comes in a special limited box with Unicorn Mode depicted on the front, rather than Destroy Mode (shown on later releases).  It's armed with the beam magnum, hyper bazooka, two beam sabers, and a shield.  Decals are included, too.  Only limited quantities of this kit in this package will be available, so don't wait!"

Ooh that MG ZZ is lookin good in color, the only thing I don't like is the chest spikes. I know the last few Ver Ka MGs have them and they look good on those kits but it just seems out of place on the ZZ, guess I'll skip putting them on.

It seems to me that they're part of the inner frame, actually, so you'll probably have to snip them off during the build. Someone on GE commented that the amount of exposed areas on the armor is off-putting, and I'm prone to agree. I'm getting a FAZZ Sentinel version (second purchase of that kit, it's so gloriously over the top), and I was struck by how little of that gimmick exists on the older MG.

Funny enough I didn't even notice all the exposed frame areas until you mentioned them, those are a bit strange. I'll have to see some better pictures to see if they will be a deal breaker but I doubt it. The (probably) P-Bandai Full Armor set should fix any armor gaps anyways :lol:

Yeah, there was quite a few things in there that interested me, but nothing that I was chomping at the bit to get. I honestly think I'll find something more "I NEED THAT RIGHT NOW" once the sci-fi stuff goes on sale. I did buy a MG Force Impulse, though, mostly for the eventual Stargazer conversion kit that I'll get the instant I get the chance.

That Hi-Nu Ver.Ka though........................................................................................................................:ph34r:

Summary/commentary:

- Individual shoulder "petals" are movable, fairly easily, too. Shoulder itself is still on a slide-rail for bird mode/re-entry mode.
- I still hate the chest opening gimmick. It's even more pronounced on here than it was on the Freedom/Providence.
- About 10 seconds in, you get a decent look at the face, and it appears the right ear is closed and the left is open and has that extra fin. Later on, you see a shot behind the closed right ear and see a white fin piece hiding, so chances are that area is articulated as well.
- The arm rotation joint, typically on the bicep somewhere, looks to be on the forearm this time. That doesn't bode well for articulation; I'm reminded of the old 90s 1/100 kits.
- Way more wing articulation. I wonder if it wouldn't be simpler at this point to just give you a flexible wire mesh and a whole bunch of feathers to stick into it as you see fit.
- Leg articulation seems largely unchanged from older kits.
- Side skirts are on a hinge that swings forward to cover the side of the legs. Guess is it's related to the bird mode transformation.
- Twin buster rifle has undergone some major changes, which were already visible on pictures before the video but it's still noteworthy. The handles were moved forward (or the buttstock lengthened) making for a longer stock.
- The handles also feature a secondary bar that extends from the bottom of the handle back and up, forming a triangular space for the hands to fit in.
- This video showed bird mode without the TBR attached, though I remember seeing a picture where it was. I imagine the videographers simply forgot or chose not to incorporate them.

Seems like the TBR changes would make for increased difficulty handling it, and indeed, the shots of the Wing Zero holding it look awkward and clumsy. In both poses (standing and a dynamic midair pose) the buttstock is tucked beneath the WZ's shoulder, resembling more a bazooka than a gun (you see the same pose on a lot of Zakus). The dynamic pose reveals the contortions the hand has to make to grip the handle of the gun due to the extra piece of plastic introduced for the redesign.

P-Bandai has information about that. Basically, use third-party proxy services.

http://p-bandai.jp/bc/images/net-s_tokushu/international_delivery.html

They officially partner with Buyee, which is apparently also the official proxy service of Yahoo Auctions Japan; From Japan (the one I use, I've not had any issues with it), Samurai Buyer, and De Japan.

EDIT:

To order (from From Japan, at any rate), you just go to the P-Bandai product page, copy the URL, and enter it into From Japan's search bar.

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, dizman said:

There are other options out there if you don't mind the wait, Gundam Store USA and Gundam Planet usually stock a small amount of P-Bandai kits.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention stateside stores as well. I also know that Tatsu Hobby regularly preorders/reorders P-Bandai items. I'm sure if you contact them, they'll be willing to get some of those for you. I bought the P-Bandai Powered GM, Tallgeese III, and Heavyarms Kai through them, and the price was... I'd like not to think about the price, but that's to be expected. I've bought from them for years and have never had any issues with them.

What are the peg diameters of the various RG beam sabers?

1) The ones included on the A/B runners of some RGs.
2) Runner SB-1 on others (also on most MGs, I think?).
3) Runner SB-12 on still others, I think the Destiny and Zeta.

Follow-up question: Does anyone have any they're willing to let go?

Thanks much, everyone.