Transcript of a Q&A with Bandai @ 50th Shizuoka Hobby show

Highlights from a user at Animesuki

I could see a MG Kshatriya needing metal....Freakin funnel pods...

A lot of what's written in English is mistranslated or misinterpreted. The English notes are written in a definitive tone, while the original Japanese is not.

The Japanese text says nothing about less MG releases. Nor does it say that there wil be no more Gundam X kits.

Bandai didn't say there won't be a PG Unicorn. The reporter simply thinks it's unlikely due to the economy.

And Bandai didn't say anything about a "wait and see" for Delta Gundam. The reporter simply says that a release is not yet confirmed. However, the MG Delta Plus was created with the Hyaku-shiki v2.0 and Delta Gundam in mind.

Edited by Vifam7

A lot of what's written in English is mistranslated or misinterpreted. The English notes are written in a definitive tone, while the original Japanese is not.

Tell that to the user at Animesuki who posted the highlights....

If there are no definitives from Bandai, then I could still keep hope for that PG Unicorn B))

Keep hoping, but don't expect it anytime soon.

Try this translation:

Q: will the V2 voted #1 in the MG survey come out this year?

A: it may seem like the technology for V2 MG is there, but they are not fully ready yet. they don't want to come out with a product that they will regret, so we should not see the V2 MG at least this year.

Q: what are we going to see in the future of HGUC?

A: the 0083 Federation lineup in HGUC is pretty complete now and we will also have the Zeon suits coming. The Dra-C appeared in the Unicorn anime could also be made. dreissen and GMIII related suits in unicorn could also be available later.

Q: at this time how come there are less MG coming out?

A: during the current economy down turn the MGs are fairly expensive, so even if we come out with more MGs there is going to be people that can't follow them. whether or not HG will past the 2000 yen avg price also depends on the current economy.

there are no MG for July because we have a lot of products coming out, so there's a lot of issue we have to deal with the development not just Gunpla. we also don't want it to overlap with the release of the RG too much.

Q: isn't 2011 the 15th anniversary for Gundam X?

A: "i'm afraid we won't have time this year", we came out with a lot products last year including HGFC G Gundam related products and based on sale last year we will focus on the G series this year. The HGAW Gundam X did not do so bad either and will be in our plan. we will have the G Gundam for HG and W Gundam for MGs because of the manga. it will be tough for us to bring out any Gundam X kit this year, but once the G and W comes to a close we will very likely to start with the X line.

Q: there are PG release every year recently, will there be a PG this year?

A: we might and might not, at this moment i cannot tell you.

Q: will there be a PG Unicorn?

A: say if we set the issue is with the price, the pyscho frame will probably have the glowing gimmick similar to the "1/700 Tokyo sky tree". In order to make the articulation + transformation gimmick perfectly it will probably drive the price pretty high.

all the recent PG release are pretty popular because of their anime. people also can't wait for a PG Unicorn, but if we say that there will be one it might lessen the interest and anticipation. The fans of Gundam UC are of a higher age group and we believe they can also afford the higher price. it's not the time for us to take risk from now on and we hope we can have it out before the tax goes up.

Q: will there be a MG Delta Gundam?

A: right now i can only say there is no plan. as for the MG Delta plus in August, the "HyakuShiki 2.0" and "Delta Gundam" could be ideas that's worth paying attention to. If there is a HyakuShiki 2.0, the Delta Gundam is also a possibility. We have a MG Hyaku Shiki next to the MG Delta plus in the display, maybe the Hyaku Shiki 2.0 is in the works??

A: what about a MG Kshatriya?

Q: even if it's the MG we might have to use metal frame to support the binder because of the size, but right now it's not the time to think about it because the economy is still very tough at the moment.

The problem with PG Unicorn is that people will expect glowing psychoframe gimmick like mentioned above. However, Bandai can get away on not gold-plating all PG SF inner frames, so they can just ditch glowing gimmick too and people will understand the reason. I'm OK with PG Unicorn without glowing frames as long as it help to reduce the cost.

And the way they talk about MG V2 seems like they admit that MG V isn't really that good design-wise.

I don't understand why a MG V2 Gundam would be that difficult. They had no trouble releasing a 1/60 scale version back in the mid-90s. Would it really be that hard to scale the V2 down for 1/100 scale?

The 1/60 never had an inner frame for starters.

It sounds more like reluctance with V2. Like "They could do it now and regret it or they can wait and get it right".

Interesting interview - and indeed you can see with the release of the RGs (in terms of Gunpla) as well as something like the smaller super robot pseudo-SOCs that they are economizing... sort of...

Oh well.. At this point, the longer the economy keeps tanking and sinking, the sooner it'll pick up again eventually :-) I've become so accustomed to poverty that there's really no where to go but up :-)

Pete

I don't think all of the runner shown there. Back then, when Meister Morishita previewed MG OO Qan[T] he missed some runners too. Still, I'm disappointed with clear parts too. It seems that Bandai will only gave us colored clear parts only when there are plenty amount of them like MG OOQ or ReZEL.

I would be excited about this if there was no Metal Build Seven swords, getting sick of the 0/00 frame .

I would like to see the other 3 partners tho. Why are they not getting any love.

but this is is going to be cheaper than the metal build, and easier to paint. :p also, I would like to get an Exia repair 2 before they decide to be done with MG 00's.

Just curious is anybody here willing to do a custom paint job for pay? I have an HGUC MS-06S char's custom Zaku that I need painted in black and gold to become a "Chara custom" in honor of the Boston Bruins winning the Stanley Cup. To put in plainly I suck at painting no matter how hard I try and this would mean a lot to me.

EDIT: Zdeno Chara is the captain of the Boston Bruins.

Edited by renegadeleader1

1282466188878.png

It'd be better in Zeta Plus A1 colors IMHO. :) (I'm waiting for an MG Delta--yes, just Delta)

That's... a pretty good idea. I think I'll need to stock up on orange paint. :D

Msz-006a1-amuro.jpgIc4533.png

:edit:

I'd like an MG delta gundam too, but only if it comes covered in gold chrome like the current MG hyaku shiki.

Edited by anime52k8

I'd like an MG delta gundam too, but only if it comes covered in gold chrome like the current MG hyaku shiki.

It may still come. But you're gonna have to wait till after MG Hyaku Shiki ver2.

Does anyone think there will ever be a PG from G-Gundam, especially since they've started production of HGUC from the series recently? I would love the idea of a PG shining gundam. Though the series may have sucked, the potential for articulation in these gundams would make for a great PG imho.

Though the series may have sucked, the potential for articulation in these gundams would make for a great PG imho.

boy, don't make me slap you over this internet connection.

anyways, I'm sick of PG's. I'd prefer a line of G gundam MG's

Edited by anime52k8

Aww..come on, you've got to have some element of like for G Gundam :lol:

Just think of it as a super robots show with Dragon Ball elements B))

G Gundam is the best Gundam series ever made.