I replaced the Epyon with beam saber pic on my previous post with sharper one for more detail.

But here's close-up of Epyon for upper torso and head area. The head looks good now.

2.jpg

And for other grades, HGFC Shining Gundam, HGFC Master Gundam + Fuun Saiki will be released on August:

1.jpg

A robot horse :lol: .

Edited by reeoyuy

I may cave on the New Epyon. I haven't bought a gunpla kit in a long time but this might make me re-crack open the wallet. I'd have done it sooner if they just gave me one of the Deathscythe variants from the show. I like EW and all, but come on, give the original (or upgraded) suit designs across the board....except for Talgeese, just get me an MG version of that, III was probably my favorite version. Hell they should just go the old HG route for that one and give the options to build any of the variants in one box.

Prob just the HG version, especially since Heavyarms and Sandrock look like they are the HG versions as well, just painted differently.

The header for the close-up photo's of the the Heavy Arms and Sandrock label them MG kits. They were shown before at another event and I believe they were listed as upcoming MG kits there was well.

I'll have to say, MG Epyon looks pretty damn good.

And with MG Delta Plus....I might cancel MG ReZEL and jump to Delta Plus.... *grumbles*

get both, you know you want to :ph34r:

no seriously, get both. MG ReZEL is awesome and the two will go so well together.

About Heavyarms, Sandrock and Tallgeese shown on that event are just modified 1/100. They have MG hands but the elbow joint is clearly 1/100. They're listed as upcoming, but no clear release date and not even any prototypes being made so we'll have to wait a bit longer. I'm surprised with the lack of Altron, though.

A video on MG Epyon:

And some info on HGFC Shining, Master & Fuun Saiki:

1.jpg

Delta Plus, do want!

I actually own both versions of the MG ReZEL. I haven't built the commander-type yet, and I've had that since February. I'll probably build it during my vacation next week.

I just wish that they'd hurry up and make a MG Kshatriya!

I too may cave on Epyon---it does seem better from the prototype. I just hope they don't announce TV Epyon 6 months later, reusing the entire internal frame etc.

All those white markings remind me of a Zoid. (They look pretty good, but I'd probably only put on half of them or so---and only dry-transfer)

I am just going to cave and get the EW models. There doesn't seem to be too much hope for the TV versions at the moment. I do want badly a proper TV Wing Zero. I wish they would at least finish the movie versions first because Altron would be awesome, as would Heavyarms.

I am just going to cave and get the EW models. There doesn't seem to be too much hope for the TV versions at the moment. I do want badly a proper TV Wing Zero. I wish they would at least finish the movie versions first because Altron would be awesome, as would Heavyarms.

well, it only took them 6 years to make a TV wing gundam after doing Wing gundam ver ka, so expect to see the rest of the TV versions starting 2017. :p

Has anyone heard if Bandai is going to continue or stop production on Gundam Decals?

They haven't released any since GD90 which came out in December. And I'm curious if my Deathscythe Hell and Shenlong will get decal treatment eventually.

Thanks!

Hate to quote myself, but I still haven't found any info on if Bandai is going to continue the decals or not. At this point though, I'd go with not since it's been a while since they released a set.

Which is unfortunate. I don't mind the stickers the MG kits come with so much, it's the dry transfers I LOATHE. With decals and stickers you get a few chances to get them straight. With the transfers you only get one shot. And for me, they always end up crooked, or move at the last minute and get totally screwed up.

I must be one of the few that hates them though since Bandai has been putting them in kits for years.

Yep, the decals will be missed. :(

Hate to quote myself, but I still haven't found any info on if Bandai is going to continue the decals or not. At this point though, I'd go with not since it's been a while since they released a set.

Which is unfortunate. I don't mind the stickers the MG kits come with so much, it's the dry transfers I LOATHE. With decals and stickers you get a few chances to get them straight. With the transfers you only get one shot. And for me, they always end up crooked, or move at the last minute and get totally screwed up.

I must be one of the few that hates them though since Bandai has been putting them in kits for years.

Yep, the decals will be missed. :(

Anyone else here old enough to remember "Presto-Magix"? :lol:

It's a shame the dry transfers are so finicky, 'cause they look really nice if they get set right, and they`re great for weathering since you can scratch them up without the peeling or flaking that can happen with even a set decal.

I've taken to cutting out the image as closely as possible and using magic transparent tape to hold it in position. Has anyone come up with a better way to apply the transfers?

It's funny, as the F-91 line of kits did have waterslides... Personally, I didn't mind that they were charging 400 yen for the waterslides, and not only that, if you bought them with a kit, they didn't add anything to the shipping costs.

Anyone else here old enough to remember "Presto-Magix"? :lol:

It's a shame the dry transfers are so finicky, 'cause they look really nice if they get set right, and they`re great for weathering since you can scratch them up without the peeling or flaking that can happen with even a set decal.

I've taken to cutting out the image as closely as possible and using magic transparent tape to hold it in position. Has anyone come up with a better way to apply the transfers?

I'm working on the EW Shenlong right now and am getting all sorts of frustrated at the dry transfers. I'm looking at the DT sheet and I cannot figure out why they didn't just go with waterslides. Are DT's cheaper to make or something?

I was working on the MG Wing Zero a few days ago and one of the DT's was supposed to be on a curved part. I cannot even get them straight when I have no curves. I have no idea how you get one of them to bend. Sadly I ruined it while trying.

That's pretty much the right way to do it.

The difficult thing with dry transfer decals is getting things like numbers to line up straight. Like if you wanted to put your favorite two or three digit number on the shoulder, it's like impossible to get those dry transfer decals to line up straight. Much easier with water transfer decals.

On the other hand, water transfer decals need a really smooth surface and if you paint with flats, it means an extra step of applying gloss clear before putting on decals. Which (IMHO) is a pain in butt particularly with Gundam models that have lots of pieces, angles, curves, sides, and corners. Thanks to my crappy skills I sometimes end up missing a spot. >_<

Speaking of decals, look at MG Epyon official picture (now with decals ^_^ ):

1.jpg

Good luck with those white strips on the legs. If those are dry transfer, having them symmetrical and wrapping around curvy surface will be very difficult. And if those are clear stickers, well, people hate clear stickers. Also, white clear sticker over dark surface like red will not create solid white like that. The sticker is thin enough to make it transparent so the end result will be reddish white.

Edited by reeoyuy

Speaking of decals, look at MG Epyon official picture (now with decals ^_^ ):

1.jpg

Good luck with those white strips on the legs. If those are dry transfer, having them symmetrical and wrapping around curvy surface will be very difficult. And if those are clear stickers, well, people hate clear stickers. Also, white clear sticker over dark surface like red will not create solid white like that. The sticker is thin enough to make it transparent so the end result will be reddish white.

Yeah, I swore in my head a little when I saw that pic. I plan on buying the Epyon and unless Bandai goes back to making decals (which at this point I doubt) sadly, mine will not look like the pic if I have to deal with Dry Transfers :(

Yup, nothing spoiler-ific on the pictures, just keep things simple.

Anyway, MG OO Raiser is already out now, here's a review from hacchaka. Looking good, I will get it to complete my holy trinity of Exia/OOR/OOQ ^_^ . Also, when runner previews came out days ago, I compared the runner with OOQ and I can confirm that it inherited some parts from MG OOQ. Specifically, inner frames for arms and legs. Anything else is completely new.

Thankfully it looks like the 0-Raiser isn't too heavy and that the model can stand and do some poses without a base

This is the first time I've really looked at the design, and man, it really looks like Tekkaman Blade. All it needs is a "VOLTEEKKKAAAA!"

• 2 weeks later...

Transcript of a Q&A with Bandai @ 50th Shizuoka Hobby show

Highlights from a user at Animesuki

1) MG V2 is still in development. However, they want the kit to be as perfect as possible and they had not reach the stage where their engineering skills met the requirement, so this is going to take a while.

2) They are going to concerntrate on 0083 and Unicorn for future HGUC releases. And a HGUC Dra-C is quite possible.

3) Bandai is cutting down on MG Releases because of cost and product lineup factors. They prefer releasing something around 2000 yen or so.

3) No Gundam X kit in the foreseeable future. Bandai is concerntarting on G for HG and W for MG.

4) No comments in regards to PG releases.

5) As for a PG Unicorn. Bandai calculated the cost factor and decide it's not worth the risk.

6) About a MG Delta Gundam (Not Delta Plus), they are going to adopt a wait-and-see attitude after the release of MG Delta Plus and MG Hyashiki 2.0.

7) They have a MG Kshatriya Prototype and it requires a metal frame to be stable. Again, cost factor is preventing Bandai from mass producing

I could see a MG Kshatriya needing metal....Freakin funnel pods...

Probably the two toppers on my want list just got shot down :(

Really was looking forward to a PG Unicorn, as well as MG Kshatriya. I understand Kshatriya with its entire metal endoskeleton, but can anyone explain to me why Unicorn was shot down? A PG Unicorn probably will be the most expensive release to date, but still, I would gander that it would sell much better than even the 00 raiser with its much more audience accepted frame and from a generally better recieved series (Gundam UC).

I am not too good with economics (majoring in biochem ;) ), so can some one open my eyes a little?

Edited by Archer

Really was looking forward to a PG Unicorn, as well as MG Kshatriya. I understand Kshatriya with its entire metal endoskeleton, but can anyone explain to me why Unicorn was shot down? A PG Unicorn probably will be the most expensive release to date, but still, I would gander that it would sell much better than even the 00 raiser with its much more audience accepted frame and from a generally better recieved series (Gundam UC).

Unicorn is just a standard MS...no biggie. Then you throw in the separating armor plates. That's probably where the majority of the re-tooling of the kit will come when you bring it up to PG size from a MG. They'll probably have to redesign the entire skeleton.

And since Unicorn is a OAV (i.e. direct-to-home video), it's popular, but it's not THAT popular compared to something that was broadcasted on TV, weekly...and then had a movie...

6) About a MG Delta Gundam (Not Delta Plus), they are going to adopt a wait-and-see attitude after the release of MG Delta Plus and MG Hyashiki 2.0.

you mean Hyaku Shiki version 2.0? :blink:

actually that kit desperately needs a legitimate inner frame. I still like my current one though, and I don't really want to re-buy it. :( As long as it's got gold vac-chrome armor.