For the Wing fans, looks like Epyon is going to be a MG release

Hopefully, followed closely by Wing Zero

Speaking of Gundam wing, is this the same as this?

They seem identical with the exception of the stand piece. I'm confused though because HLJ is not listing the Ver. Ka as discontinued. Seems odd to have the same kit still in production in 2 different boxes under 2 different names.

They seem identical with the exception of the stand piece. I'm confused though because HLJ is not listing the Ver. Ka as discontinued. Seems odd to have the same kit still in production in 2 different boxes under 2 different names.

That is the best news I have heard in regards to the MG Wing Series. I love the Epyon. I hope they make the Tallgesse III! My latest build.

DSC04820.jpg

DSC04824.jpg

DSC04825.jpg

Dancing_Banana.gif

this is the best news I've heard all day. I all I need is an MG Tallgeese and my life will be complete.

The ver. EW has the stand connector and different decals; possibly remolded hips to accommodate the stand connector. That's about it that I can tell. Strange but I think they want to milk the current EW line up.

this is the best news I've heard all day. I all I need is an MG Tallgeese and my life will be complete.

You sure it isn't in the pipeline after they finish with the rest of the EW Gundams? They just need Heavy Arms and Sandrock (both versions) and Altron Gundam EW ver. and they'll be done with that.

You sure it isn't in the pipeline after they finish with the rest of the EW Gundams? They just need Heavy Arms and Sandrock (both versions) and Altron Gundam EW ver. and they'll be done with that.

I'm sure it will happen, I just need them to announce it. ^_^

Well it would make sense to make the Tallgeese at some point. From the basic frame they could make all 3 versions, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Leo use the same frame as well?

from what I remember the tallgeese is actually way taller than the leo.

Well it would make sense to make the Tallgeese at some point. From the basic frame they could make all 3 versions, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Leo use the same frame as well?

Almost the same. It would take some re-working and remolding of some of the parts. You won't get as much mileage as you would making all 3 Tallgeese.

from what I remember the tallgeese is actually way taller than the leo.

About a meter taller.

Finally finished my Mega Char Zaku II. Damn it seems the bigger the kit the bigger the mistakes :(

I coloured it using the RG Zaku as a guide but the photo's don't really show the contrasting panels all that well which is just as well because the so called pink came out a bit more like light orange (a bit of an accident when adding the yellow :huh: ). I built it straight out of the box with a few extra decals to supplement the kit decals. I tried not use any glue but it just wasn't possible in places, especially the power conduits. They looked absolutely awful with a seam the size of the grand canyon on every one of them. I couldn't be bothered mixing up a small batch of pink to paint them in body colour so I just painted them dark grey & black. I reckon they turned out okay and break up the pink.

Ye gods is it pink :blink: I've seen enough pink bits to last for quite some time ;)

The Zaku machine gun doesn't fit all that well and it severely limits how you can pose the model as it fouls on the arm in just about every position. Not sure how they achieved the poses on the side of the box because as soon as you move any part of it away from centre it wants to fall over. The mega RX-78 is the same. Speaking of which, when I got the RX-78 out to pose with the Zaku it started to sag under it's own weight. Not happy Bandai, at least it could have kept its joint stiffness for more than 2 months :angry:

Overall, both kits although imposing on the shelf IMHO are not really up to scratch. Too heavy for the joints used, not detailed enough for the size and way too simplistic for my liking. Holding a pose for the long term is a concern and I hope that one day I don't come home and find they have crashed to floor taking everything else with them.

zaku3.jpg

zaku12.jpg

zaku4.jpg

zaku9.jpg

Side by side

both.jpg

A bit of biffo

both1.jpg

both2.jpg

both3.jpg

Finally finished my Mega Char Zaku II. Damn it seems the bigger the kit the bigger the mistakes :(

I coloured it using the RG Zaku as a guide but the photo's don't really show the contrasting panels all that well which is just as well because the so called pink came out a bit more like light orange (a bit of an accident when adding the yellow :huh: ). I built it straight out of the box with a few extra decals to supplement the kit decals. I tried not use any glue but it just wasn't possible in places, especially the power conduits. They looked absolutely awful with a seam the size of the grand canyon on every one of them. I couldn't be bothered mixing up a small batch of pink to paint them in body colour so I just painted them dark grey & black. I reckon they turned out okay and break up the pink.

Ye gods is it pink :blink: I've seen enough pink bits to last for quite some time ;)

The Zaku machine gun doesn't fit all that well and it severely limits how you can pose the model as it fouls on the arm in just about every position. Not sure how they achieved the poses on the side of the box because as soon as you move any part of it away from centre it wants to fall over. The mega RX-78 is the same. Speaking of which, when I got the RX-78 out to pose with the Zaku it started to sag under it's own weight. Not happy Bandai, at least it could have kept its joint stiffness for more than 2 months :angry:

Overall, both kits although imposing on the shelf IMHO are not really up to scratch. Too heavy for the joints used, not detailed enough for the size and way too simplistic for my liking. Holding a pose for the long term is a concern and I hope that one day I don't come home and find they have crashed to floor taking everything else with them.

zaku3.jpg

Stunning Good Job!

EW Deathscythe Hell is on the way! Sadly though, I won't be building it for a while. I bounce around from model to model before they are done. So now I have about 3 or 4 half completes. So I'm finishing them one by one before I start on anything new.

Besides, Bandai probably won't release the decals for it in like 3 months anyway. <_<

I did finally get around to finishing this one :)

post-740-129873937592_thumb.jpg

I don't understand what all these new kits that says "EW VERSION" mean and where they come from since the Wing Gundam and Deathscythe H version never appeared in the EW OVA.

Wing didn't really but technically Deathscythe Hell did they just stuck the "custom" bit on the end of its name. Still as much as I like the EW designs (though I've had more than enough of Wing Zero) I'd really like to see the show designs get made. Bandai really needs to make an MG Tallgeese as well and got he same route the did with the T III from Endless Waltz and just package all the variant pieces so you can build w/e version you want. MG Epyon gives me hope though that we'll eventually see these suits get the MG treatment.

I don't understand what all these new kits that says "EW VERSION" mean and where they come from since the Wing Gundam and Deathscythe H version never appeared in the EW OVA.

They're Katoki redesigns of the 5 lead gundams from the first half of the series originally drawn around the same time Endless waltz came out. The thing is, the GUndams that show up in Endless Waltz (wing zero, deathscythe hell, altron etc. etc.) are supposed to be the same gundams that the pilots are using at the end of the series. the Look different because they're drawn by Katoki and not Okawara, but they're the same robots and for the purposes of the Endless waltz narrative they always looked like that. To that end, Katoki drew up redesigns of the original 5 gundams to match the aesthetics of the redesigned mid-season upgrades that actually do show up in EW.

So basically, they are supposed to be what the original 5 gundams looked like within the Endless Waltz version events.

:edit:

as for the whole "Custom" thing, tacking the word custom onto the end was purely a marketing thing done by Bandai to differentiate the old Endless waltz model kits from the TV show model kits. In terms of the story, The Deathscythe Hell you see in the OVA is the same Deathscythe hell that you see at the end of the TV series. They just look different so Bandai can sell more model kits.

Edited by anime52k8

They're Katoki redesigns of the 5 lead gundams from the first half of the series originally drawn around the same time Endless waltz came out. The thing is, the GUndams that show up in Endless Waltz (wing zero, deathscythe hell, altron etc. etc.) are supposed to be the same gundams that the pilots are using at the end of the series. the Look different because they're drawn by Katoki and not Okawara, but they're the same robots and for the purposes of the Endless waltz narrative they always looked like that. To that end, Katoki drew up redesigns of the original 5 gundams to match the aesthetics of the redesigned mid-season upgrades that actually do show up in EW.

So basically, they are supposed to be what the original 5 gundams looked like within the Endless Waltz version events.

:edit:

as for the whole "Custom" thing, tacking the word custom onto the end was purely a marketing thing done by Bandai to differentiate the old Endless waltz model kits from the TV show model kits. In terms of the story, The Deathscythe Hell you see in the OVA is the same Deathscythe hell that you see at the end of the TV series. They just look different so Bandai can sell more model kits.

I am confused.

As far as the OVA is concerned, the mecha we know from EW have ALWAYS looked like that, WGZ with the wings and feathers, Heavy Arms with the quad gattling gun, etc. In other words there was no "upgrade" in the EW universe. So what you're saying is Katoki is trying to "patch" that up with his designs and say that "In EW, the mecha before the upgrades look like this...." and voila more new model kits from Gundam Wing.

Did I get that right?

I am confused.

As far as the OVA is concerned, the mecha we know from EW have ALWAYS looked like that, WGZ with the wings and feathers, Heavy Arms with the quad gattling gun, etc. In other words there was no "upgrade" in the EW universe. So what you're saying is Katoki is trying to "patch" that up with his designs and say that "In EW, the mecha before the upgrades look like this...." and voila more new model kits from Gundam Wing.

Did I get that right?

pretty much yeah.

New images of MG OO Raiser and promotional poster

5.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

May release, 6500 Yen. Will include 1 LED unit, but it said that there are 5 area where LED can be installed.

Remaining LEDs are sold separately (not surprising).

The proportion is far different than PG version; this MG is definitely not just a scaled-down PG.

New images of MG OO Raiser and promotional poster

5.jpg

May release, 6500 Yen. Will include 1 LED unit, but it said that there are 5 area where LED can be installed.

Remaining LEDs are sold separately (not surprising).

The proportion is far different than PG version; this MG is definitely not just a scaled-down PG.

I can live with separate LEDs there only like 2-5 bucks on Ebay. But the shoulders look out of proportion. If its not a floppy mess and it wont have that ridiculous locking mechanism I can live with it. I will wait for reviews tho. Where are the other frakken gundams from 00 especially Gundam Dynames and Cherudim Gundam

No news about MG O Gundam this far. This year MG seems to be focusing on Wing and Unicorn, kinda doubt O Gundam will come soon.

Some pictures on UCHG Core Fighter:

blog110228d.jpg

That's quite big

blog110228e.jpg

Nice details, I wonder if it'll include photo-etch parts

blog110228g.jpg

Sayla's decapitated head :p

More pictures

I'm not a fan of UCHG line or Core Fighter but that kinda tempting.

No news about MG O Gundam this far. This year MG seems to be focusing on Wing and Unicorn, kinda doubt O Gundam will come soon.

Some pictures on UCHG Core Fighter:

I'm not a fan of UCHG line or Core Fighter but that kinda tempting.

I think im going to get it, but sometimes I feel Bandai can be a little on the cheapskate end of things. With Kotobukiya at least if its something special they give you a prepainted figure ie the Royal Gold Saber and 1/100 line of SRW....sheesh

You've been spoilt by the plug & play kits ;)

Hard Graph and EX kits are real models B))

I like plug and play. having all the parts fit together the first time so you can get strait to painting and detailing is a lot more fun than hours of tedious test fitting and modifying and puttying and sanding and puttying and sanding and puttying and sanding and puttying and sanding and... :p

That said, Kotobukiya kits are poorly engineered and made from shit plastics.

Edited by anime52k8

You've been spoilt by the plug & play kits ;)

Hard Graph and EX kits are real models B))

I dont think I have been spoiled. Spoiled is if I by the EX line and then get something that its not and then whine about it.

This is marketed as full color kit with minimal brush up. If Bandai expects me to support their exec salaries by buying every MG/PG and some UCHG then it cant expect me to be able to buy them so fast and paint and finish them in time to get the next model. I only have so much time in my day and when summer roles around im not going to be in the house for 70% of my day. soooooooooo thats why I dont buy EX models cause I know what they are