On 12/16/2022 at 11:54 AM, anubis20 said:

The Altron who stole Christmas. I love how the EW Altron looks and this MG kit is pretty good. One of my issues is the 20+ seam lines that I had to remove on the red dragon fang body sections, that was a chore to fix. My other complaint is the fact that I only got two poses out of this kit because manipulating the arms with the dragon fangs is infuriating. 

52568017033_0a8d00b963_b.jpg

Love it! :wub: 

MG Wing Zero Ver Ka. Removing the seam on the back wing was the hardest part of this build. Aside from that it was pretty straight forward. Closing this chapter of the MG EW kits and I am finally caught up with all the photoshoots. Might build TG3 next year to have a truly complete set.

52588624074_c373cf5c25_c.jpg

52588877443_0ba906eda8_c.jpg

52588877558_02ff29cf8a_c.jpg

52588362431_5db5caa4e5_c.jpg

52588362386_e13e987e36_c.jpg

52587879852_a7250b6bae_c.jpg

52588793805_0fffb36a38_c.jpg

20 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Seems like you had lots of fun posing it. :lol: More so than the Altron, anyway.

Somewhat, until I realized I was twisting the wrist post and almost broke it. The ball joint for the wrist is stuck in place even though I masked it :( There were a couple of other poses that I had to give up on because of that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 6:25 AM, lechuck said:

If anyone has both the MGEX and the Metal Build, I would love to see a side by side comparison.

In case you missed it from previous page. Wotafa did put the MB Strike Freedom beside its MGEX counterpart from 16:44 to 17:48.

On 12/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, no3Ljm said:

Screenshot:

MB_MGEX_Strike-Freedom.jpg.6f3023ed7693701482a3467c6d470d5b.jpg

On 12/27/2022 at 5:32 AM, anubis20 said:

MG Wing Zero Ver Ka. Removing the seam on the back wing was the hardest part of this build. Aside from that it was pretty straight forward. Closing this chapter of the MG EW kits and I am finally caught up with all the photoshoots. Might build TG3 next year to have a truly complete set.

52587879852_a7250b6bae_c.jpg

Lovely. :wub: 

21 minutes ago, Big s said:

It’s a lot of cool engineering for an item I have absolutely no interest in.

I agree. It actually reminds me of those custom SD kits that Keita (WonderExcellence) used to do.

5 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

MGRG is PG 'Unleashed'. :spiteful:

Fixed for yah. :spiteful:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I agree. It actually reminds me of those custom SD kits that Keita (WonderExcellence) used to do.

Fixed for yah. :spiteful:

Keita still builds he just does a few exclusively for Hobby Japan these days, leave the site with nothing. Sucks as he was a huge influence to me starting out. But that is getting more common for a lot of JP modelers. Quite a few go big winning things like Oro-Zaku championship of BAKUC (pre-GBWC) and disappear only to re-tweet their highlight reel from 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, Rock said:

Keita still builds he just does a few exclusively for Hobby Japan these days, leave the site with nothing. Sucks as he was a huge influence to me starting out. But that is getting more common for a lot of JP modelers. Quite a few go big winning things like Oro-Zaku championship of BAKUC (pre-GBWC) and disappear only to re-tweet their highlight reel from 10 years ago.

Good to know. I haven't been to his site for years now. Last time I visited was probably mid-2010's. I used to love his customed MG Freedom's and RX-78's. Yeah, he's a big influence but sad to say my Gunpla days really didn't took off. 

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Good to know. I haven't been to his site for years now. Last time I visited was probably mid-2010's. I used to love his customed MG Freedom's and RX-78's. Yeah, he's a big influence but sad to say my Gunpla days really didn't took off. 

Here is one of his more recent, more involved works from last year. Converted the MG Proto Zero into the original TV design to go along side Nishi's TV styled Epyon.

EqEofINU8AEAkLb.jpg

EqH24FrUcAAAYCP.jpg

EqH24FrVEAA-sY_.jpg

EqPK2Q2VEAEM5WS.jpg

On 1/14/2023 at 2:43 PM, Rock said:

Here is one of his more recent, more involved works from last year. Converted the MG Proto Zero into the original TV design to go along side Nishi's TV styled Epyon.

EqEofINU8AEAkLb.jpg

EqH24FrUcAAAYCP.jpg

EqH24FrVEAA-sY_.jpg

EqPK2Q2VEAEM5WS.jpg

Nice clean paint work there! nice mods as well. Looking good!

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That looks awesome, @Big s! :good: :wub: 

My style has changed a lot since those older kits. I wasn’t as good at getting rid of seams, didn’t have an airbrush and didn’t know how to get rid of the edges of decals. I also had a very different method for sensors, it was kinda fun digging out those guys and have copies of a couple or like in the case of the Hyaku Shiki, the new version to work on to see a difference in how I do things now. 

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

MG Eclipse complete. Really nice kit but don't think I would want to build it again with the new Eclipse Unit 2 if that ever comes out. I had to mod the ankles to make the kit stand higher and avoid the ankle armor from toughing the floor when standing. 

MG Eclipse Gundam Painted Build

MG Eclipse Gundam Painted Build MG Eclipse Gundam Painted Build MG Eclipse Gundam Painted Build MG Eclipse Gundam Painted Build MG Eclipse Gundam Painted Build MG Eclipse Gundam Painted Build MG Eclipse Gundam Painted Build

You did a great job on that one.