1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

It looks like Bandai took the 3D model of the Robot Spirits version and made it into a model kit. Very nice, if I didn't already have the action figure I would jump on this.

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t too difficult for them since the majority of the kit is the geara doga.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

That looks pretty good but I prefer the MG sizes.

that may be a thing sooner than later. Bandai loves milking those old molds and like with the hg, they’d probably just use the mg geara doga with a few new parts.

35 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I never even noticed until you mentioned it...

Works for me, I like that design.

It’s ok, the first time I saw the design, it looked so drastically different. Then I realized it just has a few changes to the chest, shoulder armor head and backpack. Throw on a fancy shield and slightly modified rifle from the jagd doga and there you go. I think the white color helps it appear different as well.

13 minutes ago, Big s said:

It’s ok, the first time I saw the design, it looked so drastically different. Then I realized it just has a few changes to the chest, shoulder armor head and backpack. Throw on a fancy shield and slightly modified rifle from the jagd doga and there you go. I think the white color helps it appear different as well.

I didn't notice, comparing the HG to MG the HG has better parts separation and less seam lines too.  I think I'd rather a new mold if they do an MG version.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

I didn't notice, comparing the HG to MG the HG has better parts separation and less seam lines too.  I think I'd rather a new mold if they do an MG version.

I really doubt they’d come up with a brand new mold when they already have one to use. The thing I personally didn’t like about the mg kit were the rubber hoses. 

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I really doubt they’d come up with a brand new mold when they already have one to use. The thing I personally didn’t like about the mg kit were the rubber hoses. 

Everyone says that but I never had any problems with the hoses.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Everyone says that but I never had any problems with the hoses.

For me it’s due to the mold line. It’s too much work trying to remove them. The plastic ones on the hg were far easier to do. I gave up on the mg ones and replaced them with springs

On 12/5/2022 at 7:58 AM, Big s said:

Saw the hguc psycho doga on tag hobby

Great looking kit, but it will be a while before it is available outside of Japan.  Apparently, first release is lottery only, then limited release in Fukuoka Gundam Base.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:58 AM, Big s said:

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t too difficult for them since the majority of the kit is the geara doga.

that may be a thing sooner than later. Bandai loves milking those old molds and like with the hg, they’d probably just use the mg geara doga with a few new parts.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be in a hurry to milk the Geara Doga mold.  They have done 2 colour swaps since the kit was released in 2013 and that's it.  Where is the heavy beam cannon version, the Stuka head version.  Heck, they can probably milk a Gear Zulu out of it, maybe.  I would love a MG version of this, maybe I will just do my own mode of the base Geara Doga someday.

13 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Great looking kit, but it will be a while before it is available outside of Japan.  Apparently, first release is lottery only, then limited release in Fukuoka Gundam Base.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be in a hurry to milk the Geara Doga mold.  They have done 2 colour swaps since the kit was released in 2013 and that's it.  Where is the heavy beam cannon version, the Stuka head version.  Heck, they can probably milk a Gear Zulu out of it, maybe.  I would love a MG version of this, maybe I will just do my own mode of the base Geara Doga someday.

I think they had the unicorn and full frontal versions. Maybe the Rezin version was a web exclusive as well, but I’m getting old and I may be remembering that wrong. I do believe the standard mg had all the parts for rezin’s Geara Doga, just that you needed to paint it. As far as the heavy cannon, I thought they did one of that, but I may be thinking of a resin garage expansion kit.I know they did one for the hg. 
Geara Zulu would definitely get my cash.

4 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

Looks great.  I wonder how this will pair with the teased S.H.Figuarts Kira Yamato figure

If I remember, the size on the kits are a bit bigger than the sh line. But I’ve really only bought the starwars figure kits and those are 1/12, so I’m not really sure on these

4 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

Looks great.  I wonder how this will pair with the teased S.H.Figuarts Kira Yamato figure

The Figure-rise Lacus Clyne stands approximately 6 inches (15.25cm) based on most description that was posted online. SHFiguarts heights varies from 13cm-16cm. Some goes around 18-19cm for bigger characters. Would be nice if they make SHF Kira around 16cm or above to stand nicely with Figure-rise Lacus.

The Altron who stole Christmas. I love how the EW Altron looks and this MG kit is pretty good. One of my issues is the 20+ seam lines that I had to remove on the red dragon fang body sections, that was a chore to fix. My other complaint is the fact that I only got two poses out of this kit because manipulating the arms with the dragon fangs is infuriating. 

52567026977_0bbb230874_b.jpg

52567489046_412ef0b422_b.jpg

52567764574_26d93950b0_b.jpg

52567028112_e8812c190e_b.jpg

52567765599_3a2288cc41_b.jpg

52568017033_0a8d00b963_b.jpg

14 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Awesome work as always! One of my favorite MSs to boot! Yea I know the pain of the kit as well, but you did an excellent job and it shows!

Thanks! I wish I could have gotten more pics but felt like I was going to break something and gave up. 

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

The Altron who stole Christmas. I love how the EW Altron looks and this MG kit is pretty good. One of my issues is the 20+ seam lines that I had to remove on the red dragon fang body sections, that was a chore to fix. My other complaint is the fact that I only got two poses out of this kit because manipulating the arms with the dragon fangs is infuriating. 

Good work, looks the season too

I was looking at the Dino kits and it’s pretty interesting that you build its inner frame and still have a somewhat poseable model after adding the flesh.

the other thing I’m surprised about is that the Guncannon is not only a standard release, but includes the options to change the backpack. No need for premium Bandai on that one. Hlj only allows for one preorder, so I’ll probably wait for the American release and buy a couple more

On 12/16/2022 at 12:54 PM, anubis20 said:

Well this looks better than mine...