1 hour ago, lechuck said:

At first I was kind of "meh" with this announcement as I thought the 2.0 kit was still fine enough to go along with other more modern MGs. But looking more closely at the refinements, my appreciation has grown. The chest now sitting more vertical or the smaller profile of the wing binders and the enhanced articulation give this release some merit.

Also note that rotating cockpit – never ever tell me that something like that is not possible for the VF-1. An absolute sin that the much larger the DX wasn't designed to pull this off!

I agree with you when you talk about rotating cockpit on the VF-1...but if i remember correctly the old VF-0s from yamato do have this kind of feature right? Never bothered to check on the new ones from arcadia though. Are there any other VFs i am forgetting that had rotating seats?

Edited by Robin-11

The seat transformation is pretty nifty, but I’m still looking at that amazing face. I don’t buy many mg kits due to space, and I don’t have the other mg zetas, so I’m actually thinking about getting this one because a few other things look a bit better here and the head is probably the best zeta head other than a few garage kits 

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Yes, I've been wondering the same.

I have the third party Zeta (Cita) by Tomemei. It's a mixed feeling about having it. Even if it's not that perfect, I was actually looking forward that Tomemei might take a stab and do a White Unicorn variant. But they didn't. Hopefully, Bandai will do something in the future. ;) 

1 hour ago, Robin-11 said:

I agree with you when you talk about rotating cockpit on the VF-1...but if i remember correctly the old VF-0s from yamato do have this kind of feature right? Never bothered to check on the new ones from arcadia though. Are there any other VFs i am forgetting that had rotating seats?

Yes. Arcadia's VF-0S/A have rotating seat. As for Yamato VF's, I believe aside from the old VF-0's, VF-19's and Y/VF-22's does.

On 10/1/2022 at 4:00 AM, hachi said:

Has anybody gotten the HG Aerial already? I saw some pics on Twitter, and it's backordered now at HLJ.

I still haven't gotten my Shenlong and I feel like cancelling both in frustration😩

I doubt it’s forgotten or canceled outright. I was just noticing that there’s a disclaimer on the new kits that Bandai might not send the promised amount and future restocks would go first to those that preordered. Someone else recently brought that up in this thread recently, but it’s the first time I noticed it since I pretty much had to go through hlj to get the hg yf-19 and decal set.

by the way there’s some new decals for those kits and a few side story shows as well for preorder 

On 10/1/2022 at 5:00 AM, hachi said:

Has anybody gotten the HG Aerial already? I saw some pics on Twitter, and it's backordered now at HLJ.

I still haven't gotten my Shenlong and I feel like cancelling both in frustration😩

Cancel 'em.

HLJ just silently put you on a wait list for the next batch.

Edited by Mommar

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

HGUC 1/144 RX-78 MS00Z ENGAGE ZERO (Gundam U.C.Engage)
January 2023 Release
October 5, 2022 Preorder Starts
Y2750
Bandai Hobby Online Shop / P-Bandai
https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000181487/

image.jpeg.938c147bc8a6fede1a44a2d62e11b51b.jpeg

image.jpeg.5fae8eaa1093b06b8bbb8c4cced5d603.jpeg
image.jpeg.3ce9858944a8cff950d5e7d058c613fb.jpeg
image.jpeg.140d8da765cb646552fbff422f6b8b5a.jpeg
image.jpeg.df7d733bcfbd535978eb88a282099d23.jpeg

image.jpeg.f5be8e70e7b11fe95c1709f4ee43278b.jpeg

image.jpeg.b5047b9efa26a62007c736532a2e4979.jpeg

image.jpeg.8bad75a98a4ce79dc24c69231edf27aa.jpeg

image.jpeg.b6a8484baf0f70292827f035fb8880fb.jpeg

image.jpeg.f11c4cae804c6c8c27361d8d9af7a40c.jpeg

image.jpeg.a06c6970a3b44454fd0fb6b9a4d15098.jpeg

image.jpeg.2dd3839458bff49d48c87f31a1aab66d.jpeg

image.jpeg.93cc6441f2c6addbdde175c7e7feaad0.jpeg

There’s a lot about this design that I really like and a chest that I really hate. I’d almost like to get it and see if I could find another kit to kitbash it.

On 10/5/2022 at 4:46 AM, hachi said:

So I cancelled them. I don't want to have open orders and then find the same items for sale in the mall...

Pretty much came to the same conclusion with the RG Hi-Nu.  I am blessed to have some local shops that stock Bandai products so I have been able to find them about 1 month after release in Japan.  With most Japanese e-retailers stopping international shipping of Gunpla, HLJ is one of the last reputable ones so I don't see the situation getting better anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

You can get much better looking 3d printed or resin version for $5.  I like that they are expanding the line, but the softness of the mold is embarrassing.

image.png.e3313da91048499640b2fbadd3b800e0.png  vs. image.png.8f0ba6dd4ac691072bb0f68cd35338a1.png vs. image.png.3736a0c4a6f836dadd844d01e5a260d3.png

$5? Nice! Is that thru eBay? And you can just basically buy the psycho-blade part only?

3 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

You can get much better looking 3d printed or resin version for $5.  I like that they are expanding the line, but the softness of the mold is embarrassing.

Yep. If the head crest is the only new thing this release brings to the table - which it seems it is - then they've taken a pretty weak jab at it. It's not even a matter of material choice; Bandai have shown they can get super fine, super crisp detail out of their regular IP technology. If they were gonna spend the money on the tooling, they may as well have made it look, y'know, good, instead of like a saggy, octogenarian face hugger.

One source for those resin head crests, if they interest you. (IIRC there are more than the ones listed here, but this was just from a quick glance.)

Hazenthley "Goddess Antenna": https://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p36102882

Woundwort "Goddess Antenna": https://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p36102883

Woundwort "Goddess Antenna" (but sharp): https://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p33913385

There's also one for the MG Wing Zero Custom Ver Ka: https://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p42274191

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

$5? Nice! Is that thru eBay? And you can just basically buy the psycho-blade part only?

Is the "psycho blade" the head antenna? If so, yes. I haven't seen any of the above links on Ebay, unfortunately. You might try Yahoo Japan...?

If the "psycho blade" refers to something else in the pictures, I'm not seeing what it is...

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Yep. If the head crest is the only new thing this release brings to the table - which it seems it is - then they've taken a pretty weak jab at it. It's not even a matter of material choice; Bandai have shown they can get super fine, super crisp detail out of their regular IP technology. If they were gonna spend the money on the tooling, they may as well have made it look, y'know, good, instead of like a saggy, octogenarian face hugger.

One source for those resin head crests, if they interest you. (IIRC there are more than the ones listed here, but this was just from a quick glance.)

Hazenthley "Goddess Antenna": https://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p36102882

Woundwort "Goddess Antenna": https://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p36102883

Woundwort "Goddess Antenna" (but sharp): https://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p33913385

There's also one for the MG Wing Zero Custom Ver Ka: https://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p42274191

Is the "psycho blade" the head antenna? If so, yes. I haven't seen any of the above links on Ebay, unfortunately. You might try Yahoo Japan...?

If the "psycho blade" refers to something else in the pictures, I'm not seeing what it is...

Thanks for the links, @kajnrig! :good: And yes, the Psycho Blade is the head antenna. ;) 

I noticed that only HLJ has opened the preorders for the new Z gundam Ver.Ka. Is that normal? Usually most of the other online stores i buy from (like amiami or animexport) carry gunplas but i don't see it up for PO on any other sites...shall i preorder it on HLJ or do i keep waiting?

Edited by Robin-11

I noticed that only HLJ have opened the preorders for the new Z gundam Ver.Ka. Is that normal? Usually most of the other online stores i buy from (like amiami or animexport) carry gunplas but i don't see it up for PO on any other sites...shall i preorder it on HLJ or do i keep waiting?

It depends on where you live. If you’re in Japan, you should be able to order from all the old regulars. If outside Japan then Hlj is pretty much the only Japanese site that can sell it. There are also local options. Here in the U.S. there’s USA gundam store and newtype hobbies and quite a few others. If you’re in another country then I would check local sites

I noticed that only HLJ have opened the preorders for the new Z gundam Ver.Ka. Is that normal? Usually most of the other online stores i buy from (like amiami or animexport) carry gunplas but i don't see it up for PO on any other sites...shall i preorder it on HLJ or do i keep waiting?

Heads up... around a year or so ago Bandai put out a cease and desist for all Japan shops including HLJ to stop selling/distributing to other regions ie. US, etc. and to only distribute to their local region. This was to make it fair for the regional distributors ie. Bluefin to control the distribution for the US and said US shops.

Amiami, Hobbysearch and mostly all the other Japanese sites/shops adhered to the C&D but HLJ decided to go against it. Thus why amiami no longer lists Gundam kits for outside their region. I believe amiami's jp site still has it listed for their local region.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I think I'd probably pass on the Zeta Ver Ka....this is what now the third iteration of the MG styling? I was pretty happy with the 2.0 and unless I see some really outstanding changes in the engineering then it's a pass.
Now the new GM's, I'm gonna get. That was a suit that really needed an upgrade everywhere and been passed over for so so so long. 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

It depends on where you live. If you’re in Japan, you should be able to order from all the old regulars. If outside Japan then Hlj is pretty much the only Japanese site that can sell it. There are also local options. Here in the U.S. there’s USA gundam store and newtype hobbies and quite a few others. If you’re in another country then I would check local sites

Well, i live in europe so i guess i am pretty much screwed. Damn Bandai! I don't think there are any reliable local sites in my country which sell gunpla. Here in Italy it's all about myth cloth and soul of chogokin...and if there are i am pretty sure i will be getting my copy six months after the release date. Thank you anyway for your answer.

2 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Heads up... around a year or so ago Bandai put out a cease and desist for all Japan shops including HLJ to stop selling/distributing to other regions ie. US, etc. and to only distribute to their local region. This was to make it fair for the regional distributors ie. Bluefin to control the distribution for the US and said US shops.

Amiami, Hobbysearch and mostly all the other Japanese sites/shops adhered to the C&D but HLJ decided to go against it. Thus why amiami no longer lists Gundam kits for outside their region. I believe amiami's jp site still has it listed for their local region.

Damn! I mean, not even the shady places like nin-nin or luna park have it for pre-order😅

Edited by Robin-11

3 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Well, i live in europe so i guess i am pretty much screwed. Damn Bandai! I don't think there are any reliable local sites in my country which sell gunpla. Here in Italy it's all about myth cloth and soul of chogokin...and if there are i am pretty sure i will be getting my copy six months after the release date. Thank you anyway for your answer.

In the same boat, options have really dried up since Bandai gave Europeans the finger. Options would be HLJ, Amazon JP or once in a while Anime-Export. First two are not really attractive for different reasons and AE seems to be more focused on the P-Bandai stuff.

HLJ – stock and pricing is weak and you'll be greeted by the courier with an open hand asking for the VAT and an additional charge for handling the taxation with the customs.
AJP – good luck getting in on a pre-order. Tried with MGEX Strike Freedom and Zeta Ver.Ka and failed miserably.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

In the same boat, options have really dried up since Bandai gave Europeans the finger. Options would be HLJ, Amazon JP or once in a while Anime-Export. First two are not really attractive for different reasons and AE seems to be more focused on the P-Bandai stuff.

HLJ – stock and pricing is weak and you'll be greeted by the courier with an open hand asking for the VAT and an additional charge for handling the taxation with the customs.
AJP – good luck getting in on a pre-order. Tried with MGEX Strike Freedom and Zeta Ver.Ka and failed miserably.

Same exact thing here. Bandai's policy is getting every day more absurd... personally i couldn't even find the pre-order for it on AJP...good thing gunpla are not very expensive so custom taxes won't be so tragic...just out of curiosity, how much do they charge in germany for importing this kind of goods? In italy with DHL is around the 30% of the purchase(including shipping which is absolutely ridicoulous).

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Big s said:

Looks like there’s a few of the newer web exclusives getting ready for preorder on the US p-Bandai store along with a few rereleases. It’s not gundam, but the Vifam kit is the one I’m looking forward to 

I checked and the one that interest me is the Mafty Jacket and Sweatpants. ;) Too bad they don't offer sizes above XL. :lol: