5 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Noel, any idea what that "Realistic Model Series" guff is about? Just new marketing slang, or denoting new tech/a new lineup/etc.?

I think the 'Realistic Model Series' line is pertaining to the 1/144 catapult decks, hangar, bridge for dioramas that MegaHouse is currently producing for the White Base, Archangel, and (Nahel) Argama.

The footnote on the first 2 images above is mentioning the 1/144 White Base Catapult Deck.

Edited by no3Ljm

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, hachi said:

Has anybody here already got their HGAC Shenlong from HLJ? There's already reviews but my PW doesn't have it. If it's only me who hasn't gotten one I was thinking of inquiring from them about it...

I'm not sure what's going on with hlj, but i have a friend that pre ordered the rg ggg and they haven't been charged for it yet nor is it in their pw.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

11 hours ago, hachi said:

Has anybody here already got their HGAC Shenlong from HLJ? There's already reviews but my PW doesn't have it. If it's only me who hasn't gotten one I was thinking of inquiring from them about it...

5 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I'm not sure what's going on with hlj, but i have a friend that pre ordered the rg ggg and they haven't been charged for it yet nor is it in their pw.

HLJ are no longer reliable where it pertains to Gundam pre-orders.  If they can't fulfill they'll quietly move your order to their next expected shipment.  They did this to me with the RG Hi-Nu Gundam and the HG Nightingale.  Had to finally contact them for them to admit that's what was going on.  I don't pre-order Gundam kits from them anymore.  ItsAGundam said he stopped pre-ordering from them for the same reason.

MG 1/100 ECLIPSE Gundam RAIJIN Equipped Ver (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Eclipse)
December 2022 Release
Y9020
Bandai Hobby Online / P-Bandai

image.jpeg.b2248b3576891ff236cd093c55dc84e9.jpeg

image.jpeg.f3872928f18e5380863e99ed037eb804.jpeg

image.jpeg.e87bd748bdae7d2126bc3c74d35f184d.jpeg

image.jpeg.70e1f94d2f97be9d737e504d5b350568.jpeg

image.jpeg.c5af87267dad6cdb53470a4d7894ee11.jpeg

MG 1/100 RAIJIN Striker Unit (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Eclipse)
December 2022 Release
Y3520
Bandai Hobby Online / P-Bandai

image.jpeg.a58d6bd0aacf8577085d3cb6b68d1bfd.jpeg

image.jpeg.10aa07f29814431f121cbb6c8b223b2f.jpeg

image.jpeg.0c24381a58997d1b5790a5b6cefc92e8.jpeg

On 9/24/2022 at 10:09 PM, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

On 9/25/2022 at 3:45 AM, Mommar said:

HLJ are no longer reliable where it pertains to Gundam pre-orders.  If they can't fulfill they'll quietly move your order to their next expected shipment.  They did this to me with the RG Hi-Nu Gundam and the HG Nightingale.  Had to finally contact them for them to admit that's what was going on.  I don't pre-order Gundam kits from them anymore.  ItsAGundam said he stopped pre-ordering from them for the same reason.

Thanks, I haven't been ordering much lately (or since the pandemic hit, actually) so I didn't notice. Who's the most reliable seller nowadays?

4 hours ago, hachi said:

Thanks, I haven't been ordering much lately (or since the pandemic hit, actually) so I didn't notice. Who's the most reliable seller nowadays?

From my experience, EVERYONE is having trouble being "reliable" nowadays. And this isn't necessarily a pandemic thing; Bandai were already cutting back on their allocations of product to vendors prior to the pandemic. They were expanding their customer base to international markets and making increasingly varied products, without substantially boosting their production capability (ie still making everything out of their Shizuoka facilities). Production runs of X kit were probably cut back significantly so that they could retool in time for production run of the following Y kit.

HLJ for me is still by far the most reliable seller, though with Gunpla specifically, Bandai has made so many significant strides into the US market that HLJ has been rendered kind of moot... for current, new gunpla-buying purposes, anyway. I tend to go for slightly older kits, which Bandai reproduces for their domestic market more often, and which HLJ can more easily get their hands on than domestic sellers can do. For new products, USAGundamstore has been decent for me... but again, that's about as decent as someone else who regularly shops BBTS, or Amiami, or etc.

Most of what I want lately is P-Bandai, so it's expensive and/or sells out instantly, so I have bought very few kits the past couple years. 

"Yeah, I'd happily pay 15-30 for it, but not 50-80 just because it's "exclusive".  

It's getting ridiculous, that if I drew up a list of like my top 15 suits I'd like a new HG/RG kit of, nearly every single one has been made fairly recently, but only as P-Bandai....    So I just go without, rather than spending $$$$$ on small kits.   

24 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

Did a quick side by side with the MG 2.0

wN7JV67.jpg

Looks like he lost some body fat. The new wings are very welcome, always a sore spot on the 2.0

Strangely enough, I think the face on the 2.0 looks more like the katoki redesign while the version ka face looks more sharp like a lot of the older artwork. I think I actually like the newer one better mostly 

On 9/27/2022 at 11:54 AM, David Hingtgen said:

Most of what I want lately is P-Bandai, so it's expensive and/or sells out instantly, so I have bought very few kits the past couple years. 

"Yeah, I'd happily pay 15-30 for it, but not 50-80 just because it's "exclusive".  

It's getting ridiculous, that if I drew up a list of like my top 15 suits I'd like a new HG/RG kit of, nearly every single one has been made fairly recently, but only as P-Bandai....    So I just go without, rather than spending $$$$$ on small kits.   

I guess if people keep letting Bandai abuse them by selling out each time on p-bandai they'll never change their practices.

I'm sort of the same way.  Though I've learned to like the GM designs, I want MG versions.  They're all older kits and ludicrously expensive.

I’m honestly not as against the p Bandai thing for kits. I’d rather they be regular releases. That gm Spartan may be mostly a gm sniper 2, but with the extra parts, and probably knowing Bandai still probably has most of the parts for the standard sniper 2 minus probably the old weapons. I could see it cost a little more than the standard kit. The shipping for the U.S. store isn’t too terrible either. If I’m not mistaken it would probably be only about $5 bucks more ore less extra than buying the hg gm sniper 2 from a U.S. retail store.  I do wish they would add the waterslide decals back into the web exclusives like they used to to offset the cost. That right there would make it worth the price

7 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Zeta Ver.Ka transformation

and in the wild

ZxNtOFQ.jpg

I really like how this new one looks. And I'm also wondering why Bandai hasn't made this one in GFFMC form. Would be nice if they also do the White Unicorn unit down the line. ;) 

At first I was kind of "meh" with this announcement as I thought the 2.0 kit was still fine enough to go along with other more modern MGs. But looking more closely at the refinements, my appreciation has grown. The chest now sitting more vertical or the smaller profile of the wing binders and the enhanced articulation give this release some merit.

Also note that rotating cockpit – never ever tell me that something like that is not possible for the VF-1. An absolute sin that the much larger the DX wasn't designed to pull this off!

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I really like how this new one looks. And I'm also wondering why Bandai hasn't made this one in GFFMC form. Would be nice if they also do the White Unicorn unit down the line. ;) 

Yes, I've been wondering the same.