14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg.8c00addc09d98d9af80ed3a9eac6ecd8.jpeg
image.jpeg.844deef7d75f914bd9d1f26b6b59fe7e.jpeg

Looks really good. I have the regular MG ver Ka Sazabi and the RG. Both  great kits.

I personally prefer the look and proportions of the RG Sazabi (sorry for the poor quality pics).

20200413_114601.jpg

20200413_114402.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

MG Virtue is complete. Love this chunky suit and I was hyped to finally complete the team. Kit itself is pretty good and all of the armor parts stay on solid. the front skirt armor piece seems a little wobbly but doesn't really come off. For colors I tweaked the blue from the GN Cannons to make it a little darker and used silver for the extending barrels. 

52179795489_d51884f9ba_c.jpg

52178516492_ff312c6e62_c.jpg

52179791009_b6c3242b80_c.jpg

52178513807_db752a22ce_c.jpg

52180027850_5c013ce480_c.jpg

52179790679_f60acc7b03_c.jpg

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

MG Virtue is complete. Love this chunky suit and I was hyped to finally complete the team. Kit itself is pretty good and all of the armor parts stay on solid. the front skirt armor piece seems a little wobbly but doesn't really come off. For colors I tweaked the blue from the GN Cannons to make it a little darker and used silver for the extending barrels. 

52179790679_f60acc7b03_c.jpg

Just gorgeous, sir. Gorgeous. :wub: 

6 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I wonder why they went with the pose they did on the Freedom and Nu. That weird, awkward-looking hands down, fingers sliiightly extended like it's reaching down to lazily grab a bowl of chips that's juuuuuust out of reach.

'Cause that is the lame pose China has for the statue it is based on. Why they don't just make the statue's arms (on any of them) support a hollow rifle and shield (or beam sabers) so they don't look so weird IDK. I'm guessing it is something to do with guns and children so they omit them.

Edited by Rock

1 hour ago, Rock said:

'Cause that is the lame pose China has for the statue it is based on. Why they don't just make the statue's arms (on any of them) support a hollow rifle and shield (or beam sabers) so they don't look so weird IDK. I'm guessing it is something to do with guns and children so they omit them.

No, that's what I mean. Both the Freedom and the Nu (in Japan) are in that weird pose. I wonder if there are real-world reasons for it or if they really thought it looked good, or what.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

No, that's what I mean. Both the Freedom and the Nu (in Japan) are in that weird pose. I wonder if there are real-world reasons for it or if they really thought it looked good, or what.

The male ones look confused in that pose, but at least it’s not as bad as the usual female pose where they look like they really have to pee all the time

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Just superb, @anubis20! :good: Love how the 'hair' flows here. :wub: 

52192488400_74b702324f_b.jpg

Thanks! It took quite a few tries because the glue on the hair kept breaking. Took me about 4 days of just fiddling with Nadleeh's hair to complete this shoot. Virtue was done quickly 😄

On 7/5/2022 at 7:41 AM, anubis20 said:

Thanks! It took quite a few tries because the glue on the hair kept breaking. Took me about 4 days of just fiddling with Nadleeh's hair to complete this shoot. Virtue was done quickly 😄

Wow! 4 days?! Also is this the Nadleeh that came with your Virtue or you bought 2 so you can display both? :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! 4 days?! Also is this the Nadleeh that came with your Virtue or you bought 2 so you can display both? :rolleyes:

I only have one :( Too much money for a second so ill wait for an individual Nadleeh release or try to get a built one cheap.

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I only have one :( Too much money for a second so ill wait for an individual Nadleeh release or try to get a built one cheap.

I have the same issue with the newer mg Alex. I only had the cash for 1 at the time and I feel like I wouldn’t mind having a couple more. One in armor one out of armor and another set for an assembly dioram since the armor has all that inner structure that’s all you invisible after putting it on

@anubis20 Impressive work as always!

Personally, I don’t like the tone of yellow used for the inside of the GN Bazooka. I think I would like it better in gold. It is just too warm of a color I think. I makes A Gundam that sports mostly muted colors too vibrant.

Maybe it is the post processing of the pictures. Or maybe I’m just used too much to the Metal Build Dynames Repair 3 who has those parts in gold.

The comment isn’t intended to detract from your craftsmanship I’m just stating my preferences. :)

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

Personally, I don’t like the tone of yellow used for the inside of the GN Bazooka. I think I would like it better in gold. It is just too warm of a color I think. I makes A Gundam that sports mostly muted colors too vibrant.

Maybe it is the post processing of the pictures. Or maybe I’m just used too much to the Metal Build Dynames Repair 3 who has those parts in gold.

The comment isn’t intended to detract from your craftsmanship I’m just stating my preferences. :)

The gold is from the metal build toy. 

3 hours ago, Big s said:

The gold is from the metal build toy. 

I know, I have the Metal Build Dynames on display. Maybe this is why the yellow color looks wrong to me. I’m just too used seeing those details in gold.

6 hours ago, Scyla said:

Thanks! :hi:

I went back and forth on the gold on that piece TBH. The inside of the GN Condensers I painted gold but then kept the yellow on the GN Bazooka just to keep it in line with the rest of the main body and because I wanted to shade those pieces. Haven't really found out how to shade metallics.  And yea the yellow I used is vibrant, usually its orange yellow over an orange base which makes it even brighter 😄

I didn't post this pic but here is the entire team with MB Exia. Waiting on a an updated MG Exia. Just hoping it doesn't end up being a MGEX.

MG 00 Season 1 Team

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

I didn't post this pic but here is the entire team with MB Exia. Waiting on a an updated MG Exia. Just hoping it doesn't end up being a MGEX.

MG 00 Season 1 Team

Love it, @anubis20! :wub:  I do have a question though. If you were given a chance on doing another set again, would you go for a Designer Color series counterpart of the Season 2 units?

Anyways, looking at this picture, how I wish that there's a Metal Build release of the rest. But then, I don't know if I will be able to fund it. :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Love it, @anubis20! :wub:  I do have a question though. If you were given a chance on doing another set again, would you go for a Designer Color series counterpart of the Season 2 units?

Anyways, looking at this picture, how I wish that there's a Metal Build release of the rest. But then, I don't know if I will be able to fund it. :rolleyes:

That wouldn't be a bad idea doing designer color versions to distinguish them a little from the S1 suits. 

Thats really what got me back into gunpla, building kits to complement my metal build collection.