44 minutes ago, Big s said:

I actually like hlj, just wish they’d make their site a bit better. Hobbysearch has the easiest one to use and I’m gonna miss being able to reference the instruction manuals. I think they were the only site that did that.

Instructions manuals for Gunpla? If it is, then you can also browse Dalong.net. He's been sharing manual scans since 2003 on his website. :good: 

Yeah, HLJ needs to ditch their hamster-wheel driven servers. Hobbysearch's site has the far better user experinece – if you ignore mobile devices. I love their content and manual pics, it's easier to browse new items sorted by category, and to keep track of re-releases.

You can still access their japanese content by deleting the "eng/" in the URL and you'll find all Bandai items.

At least I found a translation of that Bandai letter in the comment section:

No one is actually translating the document and it seems everyone is just sharing this from the one post that went viral.  Translation below the explanation.

Bandai is asking Japanese retailers to either limit the number of pre-orders customers can make for new kits or stop selling internationally.  HLJ limits pre-orders to one per person.  AmiAmi and Hobby Search (1999) did not have these systems in place.  It only affects pre-order items so that scalpers can't come in and order 20 or 30 pre-orders and then normal customers can't get the kits from these retailers.

Second hand stores and resellers like Mandarake are not affected.  Side Seven shouldn't be affected either.

Translation:
February 21, 2022 Transactions also BAN DAI Co., Ltd. BATDAI SPIRITS Hobby Division Global Business Department "Buying up, reselling" "Sales at unreasonably high prices" "Parallel launch" Requests for correspondence We would like to thank you for your continued support.  We are improving the production system in response to the rapid expansion of demand for our products in recent years, but we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the continued shortage of products due to further demand.  Currently, due to "buying up and reselling by individual vendors", many customers are unable to buy our products, making it difficult to buy, and some distributors are "selling at unreasonably high prices". We have also confirmed the situation.  We recognize that there should be no unfair transactions that would put consumers at a disadvantage.  We would like to ask all of our business partners for their cooperation in correcting "buying up and reselling by individuals and vendors" and "selling at unreasonably high prices" at the sales floor.  In addition, we do not allow vendors to launch parallel products for overseas markets.  If the above does not improve in the future and the same sales are continued, we may take measures including restrictions and cancellations of transactions. Thank you for your understanding. We would like to inform you again that we have been making improvements such as strengthening the production system since last year, and we are still in full operation, but we hope that we can deliver products to more customers. We will continue to build a production system and continue to make further efforts.  We would like to ask all of our business partners for their cooperation so that the products can be widely distributed to yellowers through retail stores that sell properly.  We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Hobbysearch seems to be overreacting by pulling all Bandai items (Tamiya too, it seems) instead of limiting orders, but the may also not want to expose themselves on the ominous "parallel exports" front.

I think the design is kinda growing on me a bit more, but I feel like they could have put a clear piece in the shoulder as well rather than an effect sticker. I may not get the hg kit, but maybe a rg or mg might really show off those parts and take advantage of those extreme panel details

Just giving you guys heads up that they're also planning a Robot Spirits (A.N.I.M.E.) and a Chogokin figure of the said Gundam. In case you guys don't like building the kit. Atleast you guys know, there's other options. ;) 

A few builds from the new Gundam Weapons MG Endless Waltz Glory of the Losers Special Edition mook. It's an ok book. Everything is clean other than the heavy arms builds which are weathered. Sadly, only less than 1/2 the  new equipment from the GOL Manga was modeled in the builds which was a bummer. Some builds like Fluegal and Wing KA were recently shown in Gundam Hobby Life.

20220404_172618.jpg

20220404_172735.jpg

1 hour ago, Rock said:

A few builds from the new Gundam Weapons MG Endless Waltz Glory of the Losers Special Edition mook. It's an ok book. Everything is clean other than the heavy arms builds which are weathered. Sadly, only less than 1/2 the  new equipment from the GOL Manga was modeled in the builds which was a bummer. Some builds like Fluegal and Wing KA were recently shown in Gundam Hobby Life.

20220404_172618.jpg

20220404_172735.jpg

I don't even know what all the new stuff is from that Manga.

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I don't even know what all the new stuff is from that Manga.

Wing Gundam Ver. KA: Drei Zwerg
Deathsycthe: Rousette Backpack
Sandrock: Armadillo Armor Unit, Unnamed- Trago Style(read:DOM) hover armor with shoulder mounted beam rifles, Armadillo Unit V2 (missile loadout), Combine Heat Shotels together to form a double sided weapon.
Heavyarms: Igel Unit and Damselfly flight pack
Shenlong: Liaoya weapon

Vayate/Mercurius: A base jabber style transport craft

Proto Wing Zero

Tallgeese: Tallgeese Zi-Long Prototype, Heatlance, Heat Halbred Axe, developed into the Tallgeese F (Flugel)
Tallgeese II: Tempest Heatlance,Heat Halbred Axe, Heat Saber

Wing Zero Custom: Neo Birdmode, Zero System activation armor changes, Drei Zwerg
Deathscythe Hell: Double Buster Shields, Twin Beam Scissors Scythe
Sandrock Kai: TV styled shield, additional thrusters, shoulder beam cannons, get a unique Beam Buster Rifle
Heavyarms Kai: same as EW design.
Altron Kai (Nataku): Wings and Tail similar to the TV series design, beam cannon from a Virgo II
Epyon Ver. KA: Sturm Und Drang planet defensor system/Zweihander attachment for the beam sword.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

They're all in on 93ff huh?  I'll probably get the RG version.

Yeah. They're monetizing the whole new statue thing. They even showed a Chogokin prototype during the last Gundam Figures Live event.

4 hours ago, Rock said:

20220404_172618.jpg

man I want that taurus

While I was cleaning up a few things, I found a few kits that I kinda forgot that I had. One of those was the hguc gelgoog marine. It kinda got me wondering a question I had awhile back. Why is it called marine. It doesn’t seem to be a water specific unit like all the other mobile suits with the marine title. As far as I know cima’s group never even went to earth and these gelgoogs seemed to be set up for space use. I think they only showed one on the ground at the end of 0083 with a captured unit that may have just been one pieced together after the final battle was over

Cima's team was a "Marines" type unit during the One-Year war.  They were tasked with going into hot spots and getting the job done, whether it was on Earth, in space or in a colony.  The Gelgoog Marine was spec'd to carry out operations under these different combat situations, kind of like how the Harriers are used by the US Marines for a variety of missions.  Most water specific units in Zeon are referred to as "Aquatic" mobile suits and they tend to be specially designed for underwater operations, like the Z'Gok, Gogg and Acguy.  The federation, on the other hand, called them "Marine" types, like the Gundam Marine Type.

Either that, or it just sounded cool to the mecha designer of 0083.

7 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

Cima's team was a "Marines" type unit during the One-Year war.  They were tasked with going into hot spots and getting the job done, whether it was on Earth, in space or in a colony.  The Gelgoog Marine was spec'd to carry out operations under these different combat situations, kind of like how the Harriers are used by the US Marines for a variety of missions.  Most water specific units in Zeon are referred to as "Aquatic" mobile suits and they tend to be specially designed for underwater operations, like the Z'Gok, Gogg and Acguy.  The federation, on the other hand, called them "Marine" types, like the Gundam Marine Type.

Either that, or it just sounded cool to the mecha designer of 0083.

I kinda think it was the later explanation. There was the Zaku Marine and a similar Zaku mariner. Either way both Zakus seem designed more for amphibious use. I still think the gelgoog seems mainly designed for space. Otherwise the basic Zaku F2 from that series would be a marine Zaku since it fills those roles. But that Zaku never got that kind of name

the U.S. marines were kinda set up to be to be deployed by ship to shore along with their air support. Not saying there aren’t ground bases.

Maybe the creators just watched aliens as were thinking of colonial marines. I never read any of the later comics that may have explained that, but as far as when 0083 came out in the early 90’s , I don’t think they had a real reason. It’s kinda tough finding a lot of English explanations of older designs 

More than likely hg kits upcoming for the Zakus. Looks like mostly shared parts with the basic origins kits. I was kinda hoping for an updated gouf or dom, but it’s probably too soon in the story line. I do hope for an origin style gelgoog one day

4070421A-6F37-420C-BF02-2B102604882D.jpeg