On 1/21/2022 at 12:54 AM, no3Ljm said:

I wonder if they're going to do a Chogokin version. :rolleyes:

BB RX-93FF
Y1650

Entry Grade RX-93FF
Y1430

Real Grade RX-93FF
Y4950

Chogokin would be nice, but currently I am more annoyed and irritated that Bandai doubled up on 1/144 scale instead of giving us a MG option of this Nu Gundam FF.

6 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Hardon Gundam?

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

Maybe it's a sensor package. 😏

Hahaha! I only realized what you guys were 'hinting' about. I badly needed some coffee at this point. We run out of Nespresso capsules. :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Extreme price as well?

Might bite if there was a MGEX Nu or GP0something.

Or even an extreme case of MGEX Kampfer... 

Hard to say, the MGEX Unicorn (¥23,000) didn't have all the gold plated bits, but it did have a full LED kit built in.

Probably in the ¥15,000-¥20,000 range? The fully plated normal release MG kits (Phenex ¥12,000, Hyaku Shiki ¥6,800) aren't that expensive. Though the P-Bandai and Expo ones are usually quite a bit.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

two things; colored electroplated parts are about the only thing more expensive than LED kits, so this is gonna be $$$. Also, the fact a good chunk of the frame is still gonna be nasty swirly gold plastic kinda sucks.

10 hours ago, tekering said:

Oh man, they so badly need to produce a ver.2 GP01...

801969855_MPGP01fail.jpg.7dfa27af4706ca2eb7cca0d0ef9bde56.jpg

I mean, every single angle on the MG was wrong. <_<

It’s totally wrong for the original art, but they were going with the katoki redesigns on everything around that time. Personally I would like to see as close to a true Kawamori version as possible in either mg or hg. The rd version is probably the closest so far

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

Extreme price as well?

Might bite if there was a MGEX Nu or GP0something.

Or even an extreme case of MGEX Kampfer... 

Price should not be too high and you will probably be able to get below the set MSRP. I was able to pick MGEX Unicorn for about 18.5k Yen and that includes my local tax.

As for this latest MGEX Strike Freedom, would be nice to know how the rest of the engineering and articulation is. Also it might make sense to add some clear outer parts as an option so one can enjoy that fancy gold frame.

Edited by lechuck

14 minutes ago, Big s said:

It’s totally wrong for the original art, but they were going with the katoki redesigns on everything around that time. Personally I would like to see as close to a true Kawamori version as possible in either mg or hg. The rd version is probably the closest so far

Amen. Kawamori's original work is a curvy masterpiece. Both Katoki (MG) and Takigawa (RG) remove the exquisite shapes and make them into generic fodder. It's not so bad on the GP01FB as there is alot to distract the eye but, on the regular GP01 it hurts the eye. The ver. A.N.I.M.E. RD is pretty close, there is also the old resin kit by WAVE (I think) released during C3AFA in 1/100 scale. It is a little wonky in the head and needs a bit of work

img2dc29941zik7zj.jpeg

The part I don’t think anyone can get right on the GP01 and would be impossible if you want the kit to pose would be that waist armor connection to the upper thighs. There was a really good static garage kit that came out not too far back, but I’d have to go back a few dozen pages to find it

23 hours ago, tekering said:

Oh man, they so badly need to produce a ver.2 GP01...

801969855_MPGP01fail.jpg.7dfa27af4706ca2eb7cca0d0ef9bde56.jpg

I mean, every single angle on the MG was wrong. <_<

Yeah, bandai doesn't seem to give much credo to the GP-0 designs.

Maybe too extreme in contrast with the other gundams? Its a pity to waste such curves and proportions.

23 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Hard to say, the MGEX Unicorn (¥23,000) didn't have all the gold plated bits, but it did have a full LED kit built in.

Probably in the ¥15,000-¥20,000 range? The fully plated normal release MG kits (Phenex ¥12,000, Hyaku Shiki ¥6,800) aren't that expensive. Though the P-Bandai and Expo ones are usually quite a bit.

Kinda dont see the point of paying expensive $$'s for lovely metal bits in the inner frame, but mainly hidden by outer armor.

Not a new viewpoint am sure, but this is certainly pushing it for the MGEX strike freedom price range.

Unicorn at least had the lighting system that's unique enough to justify the price.