Managed to snag one. 😬

Had to spend a looooong time reloading the pages to snag one, and I had it on cart at 6pm...

Took 10+ minutes to get charged, and never even got a confirmation email (it does show as paid on my account).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Managed to snag one. 😬

Had to spend a looooong time reloading the pages to snag one, and I had it on cart at 6pm...

Took 10+ minutes to get charged, and never even got a confirmation email (it does show as paid on my account).

Yea same, it was real bad. No confirmation page... only thrown an error page. Checked my pp acct and the charge showed up immediately. The order appeared like 5 minutes later on PBUS. At X:19 was when my email order conf came in.

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

If the site crashed the way it did last night for these kits, I dont even want to know what getting the DBZ figuarts will be like tomorrow :o

Yea it's going to be reallly bad. But for the DBZ figs and what I saw on their stream last week there's a limit of 2 per piece per transaction. So four characters and one base set, meaning 8 total (2 of each) and 2 bases per transaction. IIRC they said the limit per account was 12 or 24 of one particular figure (ie. 12 gokus) before the account hits a limit. So if one buyer wanted 12 gokus they would need to run 6 separate transactions and pay 10$ shipping 6 times, no combined shipping with previous orders. 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I didn’t know it was going to be up last night or when.  I had no way to prepare.

Yea bluefinbrand and pbandaius put up a tweet a few hours before listing them on the site. 

42 minutes ago, Mommar said:

A tweet (assuming we all have twitter) a few hours before posting is not a heads up.

Yes I agree. It's not. I was made aware because I checked mwf and @Sanity is Optional was kind enough to post a reply with info. I then checked twitter, and emails. PBUS sent or I received the email yesterday appx 7:42pm EST (just shy of an hr notice).

PBUS has a horrible notification system and the same thing happened with the RG Eva 01 Night Combat (I missed out on that one completely). PBUS really should at least give a day notice not 1+hr.

8 hours ago, electric indigo said:

This Bunyip Boomerang kit is from a new series of Bandai kits from Kyoukai Senki.

Pretty interesting design that looks like an ARTMIC makeover of ED209.

jkSREOc.jpg

I think these should have their own thread. There are some very interesting designs. Like a cross between iron blooded orphans and border break. Even standing stances remind me a bit of dunbine and some unique entries like the one above and even an interesting transport truck. They even appear to have customization options since there are a few plug holes on the arms,shoulders, and back. I hope the show is as good as the designs, because I went all in and preordered the full set of kits.  

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Were the previous releases... NOT the "Final Battle" versions? Seem strange that they would wait this long to release "full" kits for a two-hour movie released some ten years ago or so--oh, is it the 10th anniversary of 00 and/or Trailblazer?

Last year was the 10th Anniversary for the Trailblazer movie.

Not sure what's the difference from the Zabanya kit back in 2010. Maybe this one has extra 4 pair of Shield Bits. Where Harute I think the 2010 kit didn't have the leg boosters and Scissor Bits.

35 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Wow, even at almost double initial price, they're sold out.

I knew it was going to be a high-demand kit, but dayum.

It's ridiculous. I just checked ebay the average going price is about $150 with shipping included, some higher some lower. One japan seller has a price match ($115 with ship) pretty much with BBTS' price before state tax and the $6 ship.

The kicker is... it's still available through p-bandai japan at msrp for a fourth batch release date of march 2022. I'm guessing proxies ran out of allotment or people can't find friends/sources to help proxy through p-bandai.jp.

EDIT* I just remembered ebay charges tax now too, lol.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

So we're all complaining about scalpers in that Hobby Japan thread, then turn right around and pay $150 like it's nothing, then complain about how much scalpers scalp. :lol:

...I got mine from P-Bandai us website.

Tried via a proxy, but they filled their orders.

This situation is a bit different than what’s going on with the nightingale. This one is a web exclusive going through markups at proxy sites and retailers. The other one was just a standard release that will definitely get re released. There’s definitely gonna be some people paying way too much, but if you’re gonna overpay at least do it for a rare item

11 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Just because we hate something doesn't mean we can escape from it.

Very true, I'm just having some self-deprecating fun to cope with the pain.

8 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

...I got mine from P-Bandai us website.

Tried via a proxy, but they filled their orders.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply I was talking about you specifically. I meant "we" broadly.

I didn't see the P-Bandai notice until the next day, at which point it was already long sold out. XD

5 hours ago, Big s said:

This situation is a bit different than what’s going on with the nightingale. This one is a web exclusive going through markups at proxy sites and retailers. The other one was just a standard release that will definitely get re released. There’s definitely gonna be some people paying way too much, but if you’re gonna overpay at least do it for a rare item

This is true, but given how quickly this preorder sold out, and how many additional runs the Japanese preorder already has scheduled, I have very little doubt that we'll be getting additional preorder openings here as well, at least somewhat negating the rarity argument. I don't know how many Bandai can and/or have to produce at a time, but it seems like there's enough "leftover demand" to justify at least one more full run. Like, say, they can produce 1000 at a time, but there are something like 1500 customers still willing to pay.

With the Nightingale, I don't know how much they produced... but I also don't know the demand for it. However much "leftover demand" exists, they've probably estimated that it's not enough to justify another full run yet. Like these mass retail runs get 5000 units made at a time to distribute to all the retail outlets, and now leftover demand is only something like 2500. Objectively more than for the TG Fluegel, but not enough to justify another run.

What are the terms being used right now? "Just-in-time manufacturing" versus "just-in-case manufacturing"? If they did another 5000 units and completely satisfied immediate demand, the 2500 units left over would be readily available and they wouldn't have to worry about customers haranguing them on social media and the like for more more more, but there'd be extra costs involved with housing and keeping track of those extra units and blah blah blah etc.... I can see why they might wait a little, if only to maybe get some sort of better gauge of how much demand there actually is...? I dunno, I'm no economist.

I can't believe that HGUC Nightingale price went up north of how much the Robot Damashii counterpart going for nowadays. :unsure:

But as of this moment, Amazon has the HGUC Nightingale on preorder for US$82 for November release for those who missed it initially.

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-HGUC-144-Nightingale/dp/B092RMH6WD/

Edited by no3Ljm

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 10:48 AM, no3Ljm said:

I can't believe that HGUC Nightingale price went up north of how much the Robot Damashii counterpart going for nowadays. :unsure:

But as of this moment, Amazon has the HGUC Nightingale on preorder for US$82 for November release for those who missed it initially.

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-HGUC-144-Nightingale/dp/B092RMH6WD/

HLJ STILL hasn't shipped mine.

14 hours ago, Mommar said:

HLJ STILL hasn't shipped mine.

That’s odd.  HLJ is normally complaining to me that I have something in the PWH for more than 10 minutes.  Saw that they are doing a second run of the nightingale for January 2022 as a Gundam Base web shop offering.  Hopefully that will free up some scalper demand.  My local shops usually offer Gundam Base web shop offerings, but I have not checked if there are markups.