• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0 complete! This is a pretty good kit to build and it only makes want a 3.0 zeta even more. Next up is the MG TR-1 Hazel Custom. 

MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0 Painted Build     

I love your gold treatment on this one, @anubis20. It's like a full 1/100 GFF figure. :wub: 

Looking forward on your MG Hazel. :drinks:

1 hour ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

woooooooooooo. Really liking the finish!!!

It was an accidental finish :lol: I sprayed a "premium" semi-gloss and it came out more flat than anything.

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I love your gold treatment on this one, @anubis20. It's like a full 1/100 GFF figure. :wub: 

Looking forward on your MG Hazel. :drinks:

Thanks! The MG Hazel so far is a kit that looks good but it sucks. Doesnt stay together well and it has ball joints at the hips :bad: Its also got some really weird seam lines. Bandai put the least effort into it and it shows. Still I will try to make it look good ^_^

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Thanks! The MG Hazel so far is a kit that looks good but it sucks. Doesnt stay together well and it has ball joints at the hips :bad: Its also got some really weird seam lines. Bandai put the least effort into it and it shows. Still I will try to make it look good ^_^

I'm pretty sure you're going to make a one helluva kit. It's one of my fave AoZ mech so don't let me down. :rolleyes:

:lol:

How did you decide on your choice for "gold"? There's often a lot of hay amongst casual modelers about whether the Hyaku Shiki has a super reflective gold plating or a flat coat, or is it mustard-colored maybe, perhaps tan?, just a simple yellow, etc. I've never given it much thought myself, not being a particularly big fan of the HS, but on second thought it seems like a good starting point for beginning modelers to sort of "guide" how they consider builds. Do you go for what it looks like on-cel? Do you go for what it's "supposed" to look like, taking into consideration its lore and its anti-beam coating? and so on.

To be honest, that dull gold looks very realistic in what I would imagine an all gold color robot. In the anime it’s definitely portrayed as a more yellow and shiny color. Metallic yellow is definitely a harder choice though. There aren’t too many paints that come out that great. I’ve been having a rough time trying to get something to look ok on just boring spoons. I need more practice with my airbrush for sure.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:53 AM, anubis20 said:

MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0 complete! This is a pretty good kit to build and it only makes want a 3.0 zeta even more. Next up is the MG TR-1 Hazel Custom. 

MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0 Painted Build  

Wow!!! Amazing finish, love it!!!

There was an event showing some of the new P-Bandai MG stuff in person.

The Recently announced F90 R/V pack is an auto-buy because I loved the VSBR type as a kid and gotta have the udpated version

mg03.thumb.jpg.fb0ed3cdb67b41d4c1c418ae059af7ac.jpg

I could care less about the R pack lul

Also they showed the MG Gundam MK V from Sentinel. Glad I got this sucker preordered. I hope they use the base of the MK V to make the Silver Bullet one day.

mg06.thumb.jpg.8a88c65453f7d3d47f5ea604f6863ef8.jpg

mg07.thumb.jpg.b79d30fa4dbf9afde52c4cd05c21a702.jpg

21 minutes ago, Big s said:

Some of the details like the side of the leg and along the side of the shield as well as some on the skirts look more like a decal or sticker, but most areas appear to be separate parts 

Those parts are clearly separate.

I hope they do a P. Bandai of a P. Bandai and rebox the mk V in Amuro Ray colors like they did for the robot damashi figures

3363.thumb.jpg.da847bc86acc7e12793f4847e6b8904c.jpg

Also let's hope for the dovenwolf that was inbetween the MK V and Silver Bullet 

At this point I really don't mind P-Bandai anymore now that I can order direct from P-bandai (in the USA at least) 

Edited by Duymon

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

not gonna lie then MG-eX unicorn looks amazing even before paint and decals. I snagged one for under 200 shipped from galactic toys using some coupon code honey input for me lol

2090006678_20210322_132913_HDR2.thumb.jpg.0150b3853c0b830337d78a5e7515b608.jpg

Oh yes, I like that! I have the box lying around but I really don't know when I will start building. Sooooo many parts...and so many backlog...:unsure:

Looks like Bandai is really trying to play catch up to Kotobukiya, Aoshima, and others on the mecha girl model kit front with this new 30 Minute Sisters companion line to the 30 Minute Missions.

I figure this line will live or die based on wether or not they can be relatively affordable, wether the faces are painted or stickers, and wether they use this as a jump off point for gundam crossovers because we all need a Charlotte Aznable Zaku II armor girl.

I have a feeling that these will be relatively cheap in price. And that’s gonna be rough for the competition since it’s such a similar concept to the kotobukiya kits. And with these probably designed for 30 minutes missions will more than likely be compatible with gundam kits as well 

19 hours ago, Big s said:

I have a feeling that these will be relatively cheap in price. And that’s gonna be rough for the competition since it’s such a similar concept to the kotobukiya kits. And with these probably designed for 30 minutes missions will more than likely be compatible with gundam kits as well 

So far the suggested prices I've seen are 23,000-25,000 yen which is roughly half the price of Kotobukiya Frame Arms Girl or Megami Device kit.

Now I know Bandai is an industrial giant and can mass produce these on a level Aoishima and Kotobukiya can't which drives the price down, but it makes me wonder where they'll be cutting costs too. It doesn't seem like there's a lot to go with the base kit so that helps.

I'm also a little skeptical on the quality. The early attempts at girl kits in the Build Fighters line were a complete mess full of ill fitting parts and dead soulless eyes right out of the uncanny valley.

Things improved drastically with the introduction of Diver Nami and the rest of the girls from the Build Diver line, but things took a step back with figure rise standard line. Asuna from Sword Art Online was bad, but Fumina was okay. Neither were anywhere near a Kotobukiya kit in terms of quality.