3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Dang, these third party ones are hard to nudge into place.  Once they touch the surface they don't want to move at all.

Yes thats true, what I do is pick the decal off the paper with tweezers and set it on a drop of mark setter on the model. Once presses on its hard to move. For the bigger decals i use as much water on the model surface as i can so i can slide the decal into position. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the parts look a LOT like the HiRM version, to the point that I wondered if there may be just a few parts shared or remolded (mainly accessories--guns, shield, etc).   I think it's closest to the Metal Build GFF more than anything, overall.   

I do miss the dark blue of the PG----Bandai seems to keep making every version of it lighter and lighter, but I always prefer the OVA-style dark blue, rather unique among "hero" Gundams.   This one's even lighter than the previous MG.  (I think I'd like it better if they swapped the two shades of blue they used on this one around)   This one even seems to have a hint of green in its blue.  

Since IIRC there's no general model kit thread, here's a set of Xenogears 1/144 model kits. Hopefully the first of many, this collection offers up the Weltall, Vierge, Heimdal, and Brigandier.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=TOY-RBT-5706
https://www.hlj.com/1-144-scale-xenogears-structure-arts-plastic-model-kit-series-vol-1-enx34840
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10740960

enx34840_0.jpgenx34840_14.jpgenx34840_15.jpgenx34840_16.jpgenx34840_17.jpg

2 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Some of the parts look a LOT like the HiRM version, to the point that I wondered if there may be just a few parts shared or remolded (mainly accessories--guns, shield, etc).   I think it's closest to the Metal Build GFF more than anything, overall.   

I do miss the dark blue of the PG----Bandai seems to keep making every version of it lighter and lighter, but I always prefer the OVA-style dark blue, rather unique among "hero" Gundams.   This one's even lighter than the previous MG.  (I think I'd like it better if they swapped the two shades of blue they used on this one around)   This one even seems to have a hint of green in its blue.  

Funny you mention the lighter blue color.  When watching the video I got confused at first, I thought the lighter blue one was the older version.  Doesn't make any sense to me why they did that, it doesn't look as good IMO.

3 hours ago, mark-1s said:

I don't know what it is about all the Hello Kitty crossover stuff, but I love it!

It's an anniversary crossover made by Bandai for Gundam's 40th and Hello Kitty's 45th Anniversaries. And yup, it's a head scratcher but cute. ;)

Question for all the gunpla builders out there...a couple of years ago i was able to find an online store where they took commission for tracking, buying, building and painting all the kits that were not officialy released by Bandai yet(and even for the already released ones too i guess). Unfortunately I can't find it anymore anywhere. Clearly they were using third party and gareage kits but their work seemed really outstanding. Do any of you know the store i am talking about or do you have any suggestions for some other websites that do this kind of work? Thank you for your help.

14 hours ago, Ryoma said:

Question for all the gunpla builders out there...a couple of years ago i was able to find an online store where they took commission for tracking, buying, building and painting all the kits that were not officialy released by Bandai yet(and even for the already released ones too i guess). Unfortunately I can't find it anymore anywhere. Clearly they were using third party and gareage kits but their work seemed really outstanding. Do any of you know the store i am talking about or do you have any suggestions for some other websites that do this kind of work? Thank you for your help.

I want to say it was e2046. A while back I think they offered a painting service.

Ok, so are the Xenogears kits actually MADE by Square Enix?   I'm unaware of them "making model kits for sale".   Maybe something for Front Mission from a while back?  

My main concern is color-separation-----the sprue test shots seem to only show 2 sprues (well, 2 different sprues, with 1 being doubled), and that wouldn't be nearly enough color-separation to look decent if built un-painted.  Or will there be any color-molding at all, and they'll be "normal" kits molded in light grey?  Because the color patterns on most are insane, and no matter how huge a fan of Xenogears I am, and dozens of Gunpla built----painting Weltall and Vierge accurately, is not something I feel up to.    

They’re pretty much just trading kits. The front missions just came out and the xenogears are the second line. They are simple fun kits, but require painting and seam work in a few spots. The front missions kits have some of the seams in less noticeable spots, but the xenogears series have more noticeable ones. They are great for custom paint jobs

• 2 weeks later...

It would probably be getting up there in cost with shipping and the kit being priced around $25 or more. Although I do think the hguc actually looks a bit better than the re 100 version. I just really think this should have been a standard release, but it is what it is.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

@anubis20 nice finish on the Blitz.  Did you paint the kit? or just topcoat it?  Are the decals 3rd party or the set from the Providence special edition?

Thanks! Yes it all painted and top coated with Mr Color GX-114. Decals are 3rd party from Delpi Decal. I have that special providence and completely forgot about the decals :unsure: Didn't remember until I was done with the Aegis but by then I had already ordered 3P decals for the entire team :lol: