Proportions and articulation have definitely improved, now I am inclined to think the model is completely new.

Here is the conundrum though, you get the better model kit but with non-coloured clear parts, meaning your RX-0 will look dead if the LEDs are not constantly running.

Edited by lechuck

That Unicorn MGEX is an easy pass for me for the following three reasons:

1) ¥23,000 is a bit more than I'm willing to pay for a 1/100 scale Gunpla. For that money I'd rather just pay a bit more and get a Metal Build Figure.

2) I'm not really into light-up gimmicks.

3) Although I like the Gundam Unicorn anime, I've never been a fan of the RX-0 Gundam Unicorn design. I don't own a single model or toy of the Unicorn. The Jesta and Jesta Cannon are my favorite mobile suit designs from the Unicorn anime.

5 hours ago, lechuck said:

Proportions and articulation have definitely improved, now I am inclined to think the model is completely new.

Here is the conundrum though, you get the better model kit but with non-coloured clear parts, meaning your RX-0 will look dead if the LEDs are not constantly running.

Yup I was thinking about that was well. I never cared for the green unicorn so I'll probably end up painting the psycho frame with a clear red to not have it look all that dead in destroy mode. 

6 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I kinda want it. :unsure:

btw, did anyone else find it weird that the trailer was in english?

It certainly sounded like the script was translated from a Japanese release, what with how they kept repeating a few choice "Engrish" phrases.

I don't like green version either.  Give me a cheaper, "episode 1/2/3" version.  Just glows red, red-tinted clear parts, ONE SHIELD, and skip the extra half-dozen guns and the stands for the shields.  

I'd never use half the stuff in the box, as it is.

PS----we all know the Unicorn's coolest weapon is the beam magnum.  First and original gun.  Leave out all the other, inferior junk.  

8 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I kinda want it. :unsure:

btw, did anyone else find it weird that the trailer was in english?

There is a proper Japanese trailer, which I originally posted and then swapped out for better understanding. I think it is nice of Bandai to provide it in English too.

49 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I actually really like the green. :unsure:

You are not alone, endgame green is my preferred choice too.

13 hours ago, Big s said:

The $200 price tag is a bit too rich for me, but it is tempting since it has water slide decals included. Hopefully that will become a trend in upcoming kits.

I personally hate waterslide decals, I find them a real PITA to use. I'm a quick builder............snap together and panel line only. So I prefer either dry rub transfers or stickers (which are getting much better in recent years).

I'm glad they went with a colorless clear rather than the various colored tints they used for the regular MG releases. Yes it looks dead without the LEDs on, but from a modeler's perspective, they're not shackled to a single color. Instead of having to settle for the red/green/blue/yellow, they can get whatever mix and match they want given just a bit of effort. It's something I've constantly wished Bandai would do for all their clear parts.

As for which color I like best... I've always vastly preferred Unicorn Mode over Destroy Mode anyway, so the discussion is kind of moot from my point of view. I don't mind the "burning" look it gets when the psycho frame is glowing beneath the armor, always makes me think of Burning Godzilla. But there's a piece of art from... I think it's the novel... that applies a light blue glow between the panels which has always stuck with me. I keep telling myself to try and recreate that look, but I can never find the time.

Just preordered it. Not cheap so, seems I have to skip on some upcoming MBs. I have the Fix Figuration Final Battle Version of the RX-0, but it does not have the finish of a MB figure and it is solely green. Thinking about to sell this one once the MGEX RX-0 is build. With the MGEX kit I have the finish in my own hands and im curious about the illumination feature. And I have still my Jesta Cannon to build, so these to MS will be matching in time and scale perfectly.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:43 AM, CrossAir said:

Just preordered it. Not cheap so, seems I have to skip on some upcoming MBs. I have the Fix Figuration Final Battle Version of the RX-0, but it does not have the finish of a MB figure and it is solely green. Thinking about to sell this one once the MGEX RX-0 is build. With the MGEX kit I have the finish in my own hands and im curious about the illumination feature. And I have still my Jesta Cannon to build, so these to MS will be matching in time and scale perfectly.

Where did you preorder from? I think I'll preorder on the P-Bandai site when it comes up. They'll have the limited Unicorn mode box art.

2 hours ago, badboy00z said:

Where did you preorder from? I think I'll preorder on the P-Bandai site when it comes up. They'll have the limited Unicorn mode box art.

I preordered from https://hobbyfrontline.com/ . It is not the limited box art and the price is higher, but in the past months I had some higher pay ups for custom fees on my orders directly from Japan. Since I'm located in the EU and so is Ireland I can avoid any uncalculated custom fee.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:16 AM, seti88 said:

The sound of the beam magnum!

Epic! :good:

IIRC, the sound effect is just RX-78-2's beam rifle sound effect slowed down and bass boosted, which is a really cool throwback in its own right. 

Im starting to think something is coming in regard to MG Zaku’s.  It’s based on the following but it all could be wrong:

The GFF Origin Zaku series has been wildly successful.  The panel lining and molding is incredible.

MG Zaku 2.0’s are all up significantly in price.  Standard High Mobility Zaku’s are now in excess of $100.00 shipped when during their normal condition a Johnny Ridden or Tri-Star was around $50.00.  The Ridden R-2 is now between $80-100 and the Tri-Star is almost $140.00.  Chars 2.0 Zaku used to be $35-45 and is now almost $60-$70.

I did see COVID-19 push all MG gunpla up in price as many wanted to build during quarantine, but the Zaku’s specifically jumped tremendously in price.  This price increase is likely due to supply dwindling.

I’m starting to wonder if they are holding off reprints because a Zaku 2.5/3.0/Origin is coming in order to offer panel line details throughout and different proportions.

Edited by Ridden001

Not Gundam, but this caught my eye for being unexpected. Kotobukiya are adapting their Frame Arms Girl into crossover territory. Or, well, they're continuing to, at any rate, with the "Cross Frame Wonder Woman" that looks pretty good, honestly:

https://www.hlj.com/cross-frame-girl-wonder-woman-humikane-shimada-ver-kbycg-004

I think this is the fourth in the line, with... a GaiGaiGar kit first, something else second, maybe the KojiPro Ludens girl third?

On 7/14/2020 at 7:52 AM, kajnrig said:

Not Gundam, but this caught my eye for being unexpected. Kotobukiya are adapting their Frame Arms Girl into crossover territory. Or, well, they're continuing to, at any rate, with the "Cross Frame Wonder Woman" that looks pretty good, honestly:

https://www.hlj.com/cross-frame-girl-wonder-woman-humikane-shimada-ver-kbycg-004

That's actually really cool. Thanks for posting. Order stop on HLJ already but up for preorder on BBTS. I little too expensive for my current level of interest. I've been considering picking up a Wonder Woman figure of some sort for a while.

Nope it holds the mace with no problem, the wrist was a little weak but fixed it with some floor polish. The only issue I had was getting the gun into position, that was a nightmare and im never doing it again. Removable fingers for that type of stuff really doesn't work.

Edited by anubis20

6 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Stunning work! Do you consider any of the upgrade versions of the Barbatos?

Thanks! Only other version I want of Barbatos is the Lupus. That is my favorite because of the battle with the mobile armor :wub:  Lupus Rex I never liked. 

The other forms I dont like except for the sixth form but I dont like it enough to buy that option set and another MG Barbatos :lol: I do want the mobile worker though :(