22 hours ago, lechuck said:

They have, e.g. Unicorn, V2, Crossbone or Thunderbolt Gundam.

Thank you! I was thinking, what other Gundam are we missing from the UC timeline in the KAtoki version? The NT-1 but we just had a 2.0 version, everything from 0083 and the 08th platoon, Z Gundam(plus the MK.II), the F-91 and the narrative...I'd love a gundam from any of these shows....

Edited by Ryoma

On 5/22/2020 at 4:58 PM, lechuck said:

Next Master Grade Ver.Ka announcement incoming (29 May).

Please let it be Xi Gundam or G-Self

https://nextphase.bandai-hobby.net/gunpla.html

MG xamel ver KA...lol joking...

I wouldn’t mind something from Gundam IBO as a ver KA actually. Seeing as how the MG barbatos was just released tho, maybe another series Gundam would be picked.

hmm...

Edited by seti88

Very. Nice Anubis!  I love your highlighting.  I'm building Seed kits this month.  I just finished the Updated HG Destiny, and I look to start painting the PG Strike Freedom by the end of the week.  I also just finished the MG Providence.

3 hours ago, Golden Arms said:

Very. Nice Anubis!  I love your highlighting.  I'm building Seed kits this month.  I just finished the Updated HG Destiny, and I look to start painting the PG Strike Freedom by the end of the week.  I also just finished the MG Providence.

Thank you! I managed to finish it yesterday but havent had a chance to take pics. Im getting the itch to build another GAT series Gundam and im torn between the Duel and Blitz. Im leaning more towards the Duel though.

I've been curious. With the launch (or, well, maybe "the actually putting work into making functional" is more apt) of the US P-Bandai site, does that render the Bluefin site obsolete? There are still P-Bandai kits available on the Bluefin store that aren't on the P-Bandai site, and vice versa; some kits show up on both, with different prices.

If you order from P-Bandai, do you have to eat international shipping costs, or is it distributed through Bluefin (ie domestic shipping)?

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

@seti88

No longer building gunpla but I always follow RG and MG releases. most of the people in my social media feed are mostly dissappointed, some are even mad. Most are expecting the G-Self

Same here, i just couldn't find the time to build, but somehow you dont really lose track of gunpla :lol: Its in the veins...

If bandai releases a new RG, i would definately try and build a GP-02. My GP-01 and FB RG are missing it...

I read abt the hankering for G-Self, not helped by the fact it was voted as #1 on the wishlist. That would be quite a cool ver Ka, i wonder if the unpopularity of Reconguista held it back... 

48 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Wait, so is this an all new, MG 2.0 of Wing Zero Custom? 

Yups...a ver KA....does that qualify as a 2.0?

Edited by seti88

An interesting choice considering they have already releases an HiRM and GFFMC version of this suit. If I didn't have the GFFMC I would have been more excited. The build will be fun since it is a Ver ka but I don't know if I have need to display it after building. 

As a Wing fan I will probably buy it cause I have the other Wing EW kits but I cant say im not disappointed. I wanted something along the lines of the Atlas or Narrative even though those were a pipe dream :(

-------------------------------------------------

Anyway got a chance to take pics of the Aegis. Overall this kit surprised me, I expected it to be a flimsy mess but its not, also the engineering is crazy on it. It has definitely pushed me towards finishing the rest of the GAT series mobile suits :)

MG Aegis Gundam MG Aegis Gundam MG Aegis Gundam MG Aegis Gundam MG Aegis Gundam MG Aegis Gundam MG Aegis Gundam

MG Aegis Gundam

Edited by anubis20

21 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Amazing work. Love that image of the Strike vs Aegis and the pilot looks great too. You even painted the boot detail at/near base of the foot.

Yea I try to get them as close to the depiction in the manual as possible. Although I suspect Bandai uses bigger figures to paint and put in the manual, some of the details are too tiny and I cant copy them :lol:

21 minutes ago, Golden Arms said:

Damn That looks Good!!!  You have to do the Blitz soon!

"Athrunnn!!!!!"  "Kiraaaa!!!"

I cant decide between the Blitz and Duel :( Might end up flipping a coin :lol:

41 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Yea I try to get them as close to the depiction in the manual as possible. Although I suspect Bandai uses bigger figures to paint and put in the manual, some of the details are too tiny and I cant copy them :lol:

I cant decide between the Blitz and Duel :( Might end up flipping a coin :lol:

why not both?

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

Wing Zero EW ver KA...

Super disappointed about this.  I thought the lazy path would be a Full Armour ZZ Ver. Ka, this was even lazier.  Given the 1 week countdown, this was not what I was expecting them to announce.

They also announced an Entry Grade RX-78, which would make it the 5th RX-78 in ~12 months (G40, The Origin, Beyond, Entry, PG Unleashed - assuming Dec 2020 release).  Given this week was the Shizuoka replacement event, I am surprised they did not provide more information on the new PG.

28 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Oh Im building them all, Its just that I can only build one of them this year. I try to build different kits as much as possible to experience different build types. 

I got ya... i'm terrible, I usually have 3-4 kits going at the same time.  I am decaling a MG Banshee, painting a MG Barbatos, snap fitting a MG Hi-Nu, about to start a MG Alex and putzing around with some AoZ HGUC kits and the Penelope.  I think I need help...

1 minute ago, Darth Mingus said:

I got ya... i'm terrible, I usually have 3-4 kits going at the same time.  I am decaling a MG Banshee, painting a MG Barbatos, snap fitting a MG Hi-Nu, about to start a MG Alex and putzing around with some AoZ HGUC kits and the Penelope.  I think I need help...

Man I wish I could do that  :lol: I can only do 2 at a time, snap fitting one while painting the other. Woundwort is the next one i'll be working on ^_^

So it's Wing Zero EW... talk about underwhelming.

With the screening of Hathaway's Flash around the corner I am surprised Bandai is not releasing a heavy hitter like the Xi or Penelope to tie-in.

Do we still have free slots this year for more MG Gunpla releases?

So the announcement was just that photo, yes? No one knows yet if it's a new tooling or the (still totally fine) old one, right?

I have to wonder again at the logic behind this. It's already a Katoki design. What more is he going to do to it? Aside from new armor panels with more tick marks and the like, the usual Katoki spruce-em-up fare, I don't see what they can possibly do to distinguish it from the original. Maybe actual down and feathers that you have to individually insert into a plastic membrane wrapped over an articulated skeleton?

Even though Wing Zero w/angel wings is my fave Gundam, even I think it's kinda pointless to release ANOTHER 1/100 so soon after the HiRM.  Seriously, give me an MG Delta. Not Delta Plus, Delta Kai, or Hyaku Shiki, just Delta.   I want gold, and I want it to transform. 

Definitely not what I was expecting to be announced but I did kind of wish there was a WZC 2.0 after building the RG so I guess I got my wish? lol Also the HiRM was all janky in the looks and quality from what I've heard.

I hope it is going to be an all new kit because the part separation of the head in the 1.0 (which is still in my backlog after 10+ years) is bad. 

Question for the hive mind.

Although I've built a great many Gunpla over the years they have for the most part been MG, RG and a very small smattering of HG, as well as some older non-grade kits back in the early 90s.

However, I have never built a Perfect Grade kit. Now I'm thinking about it.

While I'm mostly a UC timeline fan there are unfortunately no UC-era PG kits that I really like (I'd love a PG V Gundam, V2 Gundam, RX-79G Ground Type, RX-93, XM1 Crossbone, but alas they don't exist). Existing PG UC-era kits such as the RX-79, MKII, Unicorn, GP-01/GP-01FB, Zeta are just not Mobile Suits designs that I'm attracted to.

So the only PG Mobile Suits that I like enough  to buy are non-UC era designs, with my favorites being the Exia or the Strike Gundam.

So for those that have built the Exia or Strike PG kits, which is the better choice in terms of  fun factor, frustration factor, details, gimmicks, long term durability, poseability, long term tightness of joints etc?

So, I believe the Exia has the advantage of the lighting kit, but the Strike has a better/more detailed internal frame.

Also they recently released a PG Perfect Strike you may be able to hunt down. It has some updated armor parts alongside the launcher/striker/aile packs.

As to durability, joint strength, etc... I haven’t built either (the Strike is in my backlog), but the Red Frame shares a lot of the inner frame with the Strike, and it has pretty good posability and joint strength based on the two I’ve built.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Graham, I have both of those PG and I advice you to choose the Strike, which for me is the best PG even if he is older than Exia.

Strike is better in term of articulation, build fun, design... Exia is cool about the LED integration but is frustrating in posing possibilities

because it has to be connected to the base to light up and there is (on mine) a problem in the hips which pops up everytime

your best website to compare each other (MG/PG and other) is: http://www.dalong.net/

Dont forget that there are plenty of youtubers that review kits! Just goole search and you'll find them real easily.  Mecha gaikotsu is one... XD

Oh and as far as kits go, i dont have the pg strike freedom, but iirc you have to becareful of the backpack (its prone to breaking on one of the joints), thus why i skipped it. Im a PG mostly person (too many to list).  I have two reds, two blue frames and ive built one red and its holding up quite well. I also have the led exia unbuilt so i cant say, but afaik its suppose to be ome of the best pg kits cause of features, poseablity, detail, etc overall. 

You may want to look at a 3rd party maker called Nilson (nillson?). Their astray kits are pg in size and are a good bang for the buck imo.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

The PG Strike Gundam is still a pretty awesome kit, rock solid.  Both the Unicorn and Exia are OK, but not as good as the Strike.  I actually built the Unicorn and Exia before my Strike (even though I bought it when it first came out) and it was still better.  The Strike Freedom is OK, but the kit is tedious to build and fragile due to the way the wings are connected.

If you can wait, there is a new PG RX-78 coming this year.  Until then, the Strike and Astray kits are probably your best bang for your buck.

I still dream of a PG VF-1, though...