So far out of all the 2020 Gunpla release announcements, the RG Force Impulse is the only kit that I'm even remotely interested in.

Hoping for this year:

1. MG Kampfer ver. 2.0.
  2. MG Victory Gundam ver 2.0.
  3. MG F90-II.
  4. RG Crossbone X3 and X0.
  5. RE100 Xeku Eins.
  6. RE100 Xeku Zwei.

12 hours ago, Graham said:

So far out of all the 2020 Gunpla release announcements, the RG Force Impulse is the only kit that I'm even remotely interested in.

Hoping for this year:

1. MG Kampfer ver. 2.0.

A version 2.0 MG Kampfer would indeed be sweet.

I'd also like to see...

1. PG Core Booster twin-pack (one for Sayla, one for Sleggar)

2. MG (or RE:100) Heavy Gun

3. MG (or RE:100) G-Cannon

4. MG (or RE:100) Guntank R-44

I preordered the hg origin gundam after checking out the pictures for it and I’m impressed by the engineering on a simple high grade. There’s even option parts for the canon or standard double beam saber, shoulder and upper chest parts and wrist covers. The thing even has a toe bend and a hidden booster in the back of the calf that looks a bit strange but can be left closed. It also appears to be very color separated with no seam lines on the mobile suit. I’m sure there are seam lines on the weapons, but even the mg kits for some reason usually have those.

it is a bit pricey for a high grade, almost twice as much as a Leo, but it may be worth it. I guess I’ll find out soon.

7 hours ago, electric indigo said:

After nailing the design in the Damashi line, Bandai has my blessing to make a MG 2.0 of the GP-01.

Also MG Gerbera-Tetra and PG Nu.

Yeah, it's about time we got a PG Nu, especially for those of us that can't afford the Metal Structure version.

19 hours ago, electric indigo said:

After nailing the design in the Damashi line, Bandai has my blessing to make a MG 2.0 of the GP-01.

Yeah, but the Robot Damashii wasn't sculpted by Bandai's hobby division. If they brought over whoever from the toys division did do the sculpting, I'd be a bit optimistic, but they'll probably just try to Katoki/RG it up like they always do.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I’ve never read the origin stuff, only watched the anime. I was wondering if it’s ever explained why the gundam always seems to be shown with the shield upside down for the origin version?

I also haven't read the actual manga/novel of it. But my best guess is the practicality of how the shield is being utilized. So that when the RX-78 lifts it to cover his face, the shield window will be positioned as it’s supposed to, to cover his front section and face, with the 'eye slot' in front of his eyes so he can shoot the enemy mechs while at the same time covering most of his front sections.

However, on figures and such, you can always mount the shield which ever way you want.

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, Big s said:

I’ve never read the origin stuff, only watched the anime. I was wondering if it’s ever explained why the gundam always seems to be shown with the shield upside down for the origin version?

It was never "explained" in the manga, but they have a few scene were the Gundam used the eye slot in the shield. I believe they also showed the GMs doing the same thing too.

Quick question, as I struggle to keep up with Gunpla news.  Am I completely crazy, or was there some release/announcement of a release for new TV series-style Gundam Wing MG kits? 

I know this has been around for a while, but that is the only TV show style MG kit I've been able to find (I know there is a lot of EW variants available).  I thought I read/heard somewhere that Bandai was releasing some TV MG kits, but I could be completely misinformed and/or have had this in some sort of fever dream.  

Does anyone know anything about this, or am I going insane here?  Were they a different grade, maybe?

Most of the mg and rg kits are ew, there have been a few hg kits though. Both wing types, Sandrock, maganac and Leo are all tv style and I’d imagine that at least the rest of the gundams are coming.

Bandai will most likely do the mg tv ones at some point though. I haven’t heard anything, but they probably will .

So, I created a monster. My friend group is now totally obsessed with Gunpla.

So far we’re all staying with the 1/144 scale. I’m the only one who has painted a kit (which was a real pain) or assembled a real grade. 

I do feel that I need to ask, what is the best way to paint a kit? Can I paint an HG kit after its been assembled? I have an Airbrush so that’s not a problem, but should I have primed it on the sprue first?

27 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

So, I created a monster. My friend group is now totally obsessed with Gunpla.

So far we’re all staying with the 1/144 scale. I’m the only one who has painted a kit (which was a real pain) or assembled a real grade. 

I do feel that I need to ask, what is the best way to paint a kit? Can I paint an HG kit after its been assembled? I have an Airbrush so that’s not a problem, but should I have primed it on the sprue first?

There's a lot of different ways on how to paint a kit. I haven't really painted anything gunpla stuff for the last 10 years. But what I know is that it's easy to paint together stuff that you know that it's the same and pre-built in a way. A built HG kit needs to mask more areas than pre-built. Know what parts that's going to have a lot of contact so you can prep it ahead of time rather than scratch your head later on when paints gets chipped and rubbed due to a lot of parts contacts.

Anyways, I goggled some and hopefully it can help you. Again, there's no correct or wrong way of doing it. It's always a trial and error. Enjoy and happy building! ;)

http://otakurevolution.com/content/laymans-gunpla-guide

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gunpla+tutorial

https://www.gunpla101.com/category/tutorials/

Or ask our Masters here in the Workshop section of the MWF. :good: 

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/23-the-workshop/

Edited by no3Ljm

The color separation on the current HG kits makes painting pretty convenient. Cut all parts from the sprues and sand off the cut points, assemble parts of the same color and sand any visible seams, apply basic paint, paint the details, then on to the final assembly.

Here's a pic from the process on my V2, the white parts have just been primed.

23810293339_8c8f9a6a6a_c.jpg

Thanks guys! I think that I’ll pull the models apart into assemblies and paint them that way. 

The one I’m really wanting to do is a Zeta Plus, which I want to do a Custom USAF low vis scheme on, with some nods to the original scheme.

I’ve been finding that a lot of recent 1/144 kits are very well designed and don’t need putty on anything other than weapons. I was just prepping a gm sniper missile type. And the beam spray gun a nd little bits of the rifle are the only places with seam lines that look like they should be filled. The colors are separated nicely as well. I just wish it had water slides.

On 1/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, Valkyrie Driver said:

Thanks guys! I think that I’ll pull the models apart into assemblies and paint them that way. 

The one I’m really wanting to do is a Zeta Plus, which I want to do a Custom USAF low vis scheme on, with some nods to the original scheme.

I like to do my painting with Tamiya lacquer spray cans. It's fast drying and durable. Very convenient if you don't want to setup an airbrush and spray booth. 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 4:43 PM, electric indigo said:

The color separation on the current HG kits makes painting pretty convenient. Cut all parts from the sprues and sand off the cut points, assemble parts of the same color and sand any visible seams, apply basic paint, paint the details, then on to the final assembly.

Here's a pic from the process on my V2, the white parts have just been primed.

23810293339_8c8f9a6a6a_c.jpg

That's really smooth/shiny for white primer---what'd you use? 

2 hours ago, badboy00z said:

I like to do my painting with Tamiya lacquer spray cans. It's fast drying and durable. Very convenient if you don't want to setup an airbrush and spray booth. 

I really like Tamiya spray lacquer but I still use it through an airbrush. (or I did when I was still building models).