1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

Does the high-gloss plastic in HiRM kits "react" differently to common techniques? Namely panel-lining? The Wing Zero's wings are so glossy pure white, that the sculpted details are almost invisible.  But I also don't want to wreck the high-gloss finish.  Will Tamiya's panel line stuff (in the bottles) work well, or will it "eat" into the surface all over?  (I will not coat the wings beforehand, they will be lined as-is straight from the factory).   What about "pour" type Gundam markers?   

If you want to use a pen type panel liner, then GM20 Black, GM21 Gray, or the "Real Touch" markers should be safe. AFAIK, these are the ones that use water-based acrylic type ink.

Edited by Vifam7

10 hours ago, Graham said:

Articulation looks amazing. Not a big fan of the RX-78 or 1/144 scale, but I may just get this variant for the amazing articulation.

The joints on the 40th look very interesting.  Not sure how I feel about the design decision to make the skirts 1 solid piece and non-articulated.  When the Gundam kneels, the thigh actually slides out from the armour, then pivots at the end.  This would probably be more natural looking on a Zaku, but on the Gundam, it is a bit weird.

Usagundamstore has the FAZZ on preorder for 104 . PIcked up 2 with 3-5 day shipping for 204 (After 15% discount) which is way cheaper than I could ever hope to get them from Japan. Just have to wait an extra 4-6 weeks which is no biggy considering the insane backlog I have. 

Recently finished Iron Blooded Orphans and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't even look into it when it was announced / released and it wasn't until I saw pictures of the up coming MG and that sexy sexy frame that the design grew on me. I needed something to hold me over until its release and discovered the Full Mechanics line. With the full inner frame and pretty decent color separation, I would say it is on par with early master grades. More pictures in the link. 

Gundam Frame Barbatos Lupus Rex

20191002_232430.jpg

18 hours ago, JakCrow said:

I'd prefer the full color unit instead of the white mass production units if that's what they're going to do

I can see Bandai doing the ZZ Gundam with FA as a P-bandai kit. That setup wasn't cannon in the series. 

3 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Those Nu Gundams look great! Did you paint them or are they snap built and panel lined only? 

Hey thanks! Only panel lined because I'm waiting on the resin conversion parts for the ver ka and the rg; I just wanted to be able to play around with. 

• 2 weeks later...