3 hours ago, chyll2 said:

From what I heard, RG sazabi's gate is pretty well hidden. So this is really good for straight build without touch up?

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2018/05/rg-29-1144-msn-04-sazabi-sample-images.html

The sample images look like most of the armor has minimized/hidden gates.

14 hours ago, Graham said:

So, I'm planning to buy the RG Sazabi tomorrow, as the RG RX-93 Nu Gundam is coming out later this year and can't have one without the other.

Any feedback or comments on the RG Sazabi?

It's a great kit, my favorite RG (I'm biased cause I love the Sazabi). Objectively it's a great kit. Very straight foward build.

You only have to be careful when inserting the shoulder mechanism in the torso housings. 

I've bought the waterslide decals from Samuel decals. I have to finish matt coating my kit and it's done. 

Some pics of my OBO build:

20181107_132117.jpg

20181107_131423.jpg

I still have my Sazabi in box but  I’m way to intimidated by the build. I’ve build 4 RG and 10 MG but I always manage to get builders rush and try to finish it. In my rush I usually manage to mess up a part with a gash from the hobby knife or bad cuts from the cutters. 

Quick question, how long should god hand nippers last? I’ve owned 2 and they always manage to dull within 2 kits. I’m definitely doing something wrong lol

8 minutes ago, Alto-23 said:

Quick question, how long should god hand nippers last? I’ve owned 2 and they always manage to dull within 2 kits. I’m definitely doing something wrong lol

I have broke one pair of Godhands by bumping them, but my current pair I have built about 10 kits and still sharp as. You have to be careful where you cut and they are meant to be cut in the middle of the nippers and to not cut the large part of the runner.

7 minutes ago, Saviant said:

I have broke one pair of Godhands by bumping them, but my current pair I have built about 10 kits and still sharp as. You have to be careful where you cut and they are meant to be cut in the middle of the nippers and to not cut the large part of the runner.

Yeah for mine the middle has dulled out and only the tips are sharp. I got a tamiya sharp cutter but I use them for the first cut and the god hands as the second cut. Never used them to cut the runner frames. Maybe I just got a bad set

21 minutes ago, Alto-23 said:

Yeah for mine the middle has dulled out and only the tips are sharp. I got a tamiya sharp cutter but I use them for the first cut and the god hands as the second cut. Never used them to cut the runner frames. Maybe I just got a bad set

I use mine to cut everything, too lazy to swap, but saying that the pair I broke got replaced under warranty. I heard they can be sharpened for free, but I have no idea if it is only for japan or the whole world.

Likelihood of kits from the new Gundam Breaker Mobile game?  I kinda want the purple Wing Gundam.  (Honestly it's TOO purple though---needs an accent color---would need to kitbash with a regular HGAC Wing to look good).  

3 hours ago, Alto-23 said:

They should last quite a while. However there's some caveats:

Do not cut parts directly from the runner if you can avoid it, especially thick gates.

Do not use them on hard transparent plastic (the flexible transparent stuff is fine).

Also make sure you don't mess with the set-screw, it's there to keep the blade from striking the other half too hard and dulling quickly.

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

How is RG Sinanju, under-gate-wise?

Undergates were decent, not great though. The kit as a whole sucked, the frame can't handle the weight, and in a few places it's quite fragile.

13 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Undergates were decent, not great though. The kit as a whole sucked, the frame can't handle the weight, and in a few places it's quite fragile.

I keep seeing this sentiment, and I wonder where it must be coming from or what fluke of the gods it was that my specific one was totally fine. Shoulder flap threw me for a loop because I kept expecting it to be able to droop down more, but that's about as bad as it ever got for me.

21 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I keep seeing this sentiment, and I wonder where it must be coming from or what fluke of the gods it was that my specific one was totally fine. Shoulder flap threw me for a loop because I kept expecting it to be able to droop down more, but that's about as bad as it ever got for me.

No idea how yours came out decently, mine absolutely 100% cannot stand up straight when the shield is attached, the waist connections aren't stiff enough to handle the weight. All I can do is let it sag to the side and either front or back. I haven't had too much issue with things falling off, but then I hardly touch it because the ability to pose is so limited (both by design and weak joints).

The RG Sinanju was based off the Gundam MK-II frame and it's just too much mobile-suit for that frame to handle. They shouldn't have cheaped out by recycling frames.

Not like it matters who wants knock-off Char when you can have real Char in his sexy Sazabi imho

I decided to glue one of the multiple abcrunch/waist joints when I built the RG Shinanju (it can't bend backwards now). This kit has too much articulation in that area, more than needed IMHO. It's very stable now, it holds the shield and weapons fine, but I have it on a stand, that helps a lot!!!

The RG Shinanju looks great, but the RG Sazabi is a much better kit all around, it poses better, it is much more stable.

10 hours ago, Graham said:

Kinda tempted by the new MG Alex. It's always been one of my favorite MS designs.

Same.  The inclusion of the Al and Bernie figures makes me want to get this and the Zaku FZ and recreate the last scene from the OVA.  I wore out my copy of the Cantonese dub of that series.

On 7/3/2019 at 11:21 PM, Alto-23 said:

I still have my Sazabi in box but  I’m way to intimidated by the build. I’ve build 4 RG and 10 MG but I always manage to get builders rush and try to finish it. In my rush I usually manage to mess up a part with a gash from the hobby knife or bad cuts from the cutters. 

:lol::lol: That happens to me as well. By the end im sick of painting, panel lining, and applying decals. 

One set of my god hands broke the tip with a clear Yamato Fan Rancer so dont cut clear plastic with them. It still cuts so I use it to cut the parts off the runner and use the other one to cub off the remaining nub. 

Working on my MG FA-78-2. I gutted it and converted it to use a Gundam 2.0 frame vs the horrible perfect gundam frame. Also switched around some colors as the Cholate / red wasn't doing it for me.

Just gotta gloss it before I do the panel lines and decals.

20190709_211726_HDR.thumb.jpg.03c36ded9cd672d49ca43bda9b5d2e1f.jpg

On 7/9/2019 at 8:51 PM, Darth Mingus said:

Same.  The inclusion of the Al and Bernie figures makes me want to get this and the Zaku FZ and recreate the last scene from the OVA.  I wore out my copy of the Cantonese dub of that series.

Well, I went ahead and bought the Master Grade ver. 2.0 RX-8NT-1 Alex Gundam this morning, as it's been getting fantastic reviews online.

I'll definitely also pick up the RE100 Zaku FZ as well when it's released  later this month, so I can pose them together.

I hope Bandai releases a Ver. 2.0  Master Grade MS-18E Kampher, as the original MG is supposed to be pretty bad.

20190711_170112_resized.jpg

20190711_170129_resized.jpg

8 hours ago, Graham said:

Well, I went ahead and bought the Master Grade ver. 2.0 RX-8NT-1 Alex Gundam this morning, as it's been getting fantastic reviews online.

I'll definitely also pick up the RE100 Zaku FZ as well when it's released  later this month, so I can pose them together.

I hope Bandai releases a Ver. 2.0  Master Grade MS-18E Kampher, as the original MG is supposed to be pretty bad.

20190711_170112_resized.jpg

20190711_170129_resized.jpg

I’d love a Kampfer 2.0 or a MG Z’Gok E 

On 7/11/2019 at 5:05 PM, Graham said:

I wouldn't say no to a Version 2.0 Kampfer but I don't think the original is a terrible kit and indeed has some nice features (although certainly not up to the standards of some of the more modern kits) and there are are other kits that could use a Ver 2.0 first - the GP variants in particular.  The GP-03 I built was so bad I gave it away to my nephew at the first available opportunity...

Eagerly waiting for a local release of the NT-1.  Now there's a kit that's crying out to be repainted in a more militaristic scheme - I have ideas of doing it in a quasi GBP woodland-camo style.

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That's no Master Grade. That Dynames should be posted in the Metal Build thread. :rolleyes:

Kakoii, @anubis20! :good: :wub:

Haha I tried to emulate the color of the MB joints but I failed. Ended up settling for this gunmetallish color. 

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

Wow man, that's cool looking.

Thanks man! The manual called for all orange knee missiles but I got Macross inspiration for the orange tip and white body ^_^