On 3/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, dizman said:

Well this is unexpected, MG Re-GZ Custom in P-Bandai flavor! Looks like the upper torso is an all new design but those leg joints might still be the old MG kit. More pics here.

MG-re-gz-custom4.jpg

Space AK-47 to your face!  complete with wood grain.  Dropping T-Bags on Neozeon!

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I don’t think anything is special enough for the sniper, but the cold climate has my attention. Is the preorder up yet?

Yap. Looks like NY and the usual sites all have the PO up for the cold climate and lydo wold types

I think it would just be easier to get the standard gm sniper 2 and use an existing decal sheet. Even the decals look standard. The colors look simple, just grey and black swapped for the blue and light blue. You may be able to get away with black primer and standard grey primer sprays for those color differences.

23 hours ago, Hikuro said:

Dammit I’ve had the ex-s in my closet for 3 years unbuilt and now this.

You know you're a true model builder when you have a years-long backlog.

I have some kits I haven't built since they were bought 10 years ago O_o

Was snapping up the new V2 Assault / buster parts.

It includes a bunch of parts that basically fixed the exploding arms and hips issues and makes the V2 actually fun.

Kinda sucks though that the kit was only 40 bucks but the Assault parts and the wings together ran me about 70 after shipping..... -_-

Gonna have to pick either gold or yellow when I go airbrush it at home.

20190404_210908_HDR.thumb.jpg.a0f1906d32c9bb9781a04d0e4925b1ea.jpg

Drat, missed the preorder for the Cold District. But, looking at the differences more closely, I think I can adjust what I don't like about the Command's head very simply. And for about half of the overall price... The only thing I wonder is whether it would have a Type C head packed in, like the GM-II did.

I don't think the GM Cold district will have the GM-C parts. The shield is just a Gundam 2.0 Shield with a new front plate.

BTW cold districts can still be preordered, though it's pay up-front for almost everywhere cept NY.

Bandai-online is a good place with non-crazy shipping rates

https://www.bandaionline.com/mg-1-100-rgm-79d-gm-cold-districts-type-plastic-model-jun-2019/

Edited by Duymon

3 hours ago, Numbninja said:

A bit off topic but...do you kno if they make gundam arms with articulated fingers and such...i love hands esp mechas, robots and gundams...i even have the 1:1 mgs phantom arm that sentinel produced....any info would be appreciated.

Thanx

D3g_TWYU0AM5kYy.jpeg

In the master grade they do a set of hands with articulated fingers, I don’t know if they do them in any other scale.

Most of the real grades before the Sinanju have articulated hands.   Most of the perfect grades also have articulated hands also.  The strike, astray ,banshee and unicorn being the best in the pg scale.  In the Mg scale i think that the nu and hi nu articulated hands stand out.  

Edited by Golden Arms

6 hours ago, Golden Arms said:

Most of the real grades before the Sinanju have articulated hands.   Most of the perfect grades also have articulated hands also.  The strike, astray ,banshee and unicorn being the best in the pg scale.  In the Mg scale i think that the nu and hi nu articulated hands stand out.  

Thank you...but i meant something the scale of average human hands/arm or half that size

14 hours ago, Numbninja said:

A bit off topic but...do you kno if they make gundam arms with articulated fingers and such...i love hands esp mechas, robots and gundams...i even have the 1:1 mgs phantom arm that sentinel produced....any info would be appreciated.

Thanx

This is probably the largest "hand" that Bandai makes:

http://dalong.net/review/etc/uh4/uh4_i.htm

They made a 1/24 RX-78 that will have hands slightly larger than in the kit Darth Mingus linked.

https://hlj.com/1-24-scale-rx-78-2-gundam-hyper-hybrid-model-ban900878

But good luck finding that for a sane price on the used market; they easily go above $2k nowadays, maybe reaching up there towards $3k.

Kotobukiya made a 1/1 model kit of a Border Break mecha, but I don't think it was ever anything more than a publicity stunt.

13 hours ago, Big s said:

There was a company a couple years back or so that did full pose hands in 1/100 and I think they did 1/144. If I remember they looked a bit big but may work for cca kits better than others.

Yep, you're thinking of Hobby Base's Mechanical Hand line. They make 'em in both 1/100 and 1/144, and I think there have been variations on them since their debut - color, style, etc.

https://hlj.com/1-100-scale-mechanical-hand-100-angled-g-gray-ylsppc-tn83

https://hlj.com/1-144-scale-mechanical-hand-144-angled-g-gray-ylsppc-tn87

You're right about them being a bit big. IIRC the 1/144 ones were about the same size and shape as the HGUC Unicorn I got at the same time, but the 1/100 ones were a little big even for a Zeon MG (which already have slightly bigger hands than their Gundam counterparts).

The hobby base ones are definitely the ones I was thinking of. The company name was totally bugging me, since I couldn’t remember it.

As far as larger sized hands I’ve seen some kit bashed ones using frame and armor from pg and mg gundam kits.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:56 PM, anubis20 said:

Finished the MG GM White Dingo :) ive wanted a White Dingo team for a long time. This year im going to try and build the GM Sniper 2 WD. MG RGM-79 White Dingo Ver.

You did an amazing job on this GM and I'm a bit envious. Just one tiny nitpick though. None of the pilots in White Dingo team wore the generic yellow pilots uniform. They all wore the white suits similar to Kou Uraki's or the purplish white/grey that South Burning had. :)

Still, amazing work and much better than anything I've ever attempted.

13 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

You did an amazing job on this GM and I'm a bit envious. Just one tiny nitpick though. None of the pilots in White Dingo team wore the generic yellow pilots uniform. They all wore the white suits similar to Kou Uraki's or the purplish white/grey that South Burning had. :)

Still, amazing work and much better than anything I've ever attempted.

I had a feeling that was the case and I was looking for a reference and I couldnt find it :cray:Stupid Bandai didnt include a color manual either they just included the manual for the regular GM and a black & white sheet for the changes on the WD kit. When I build the GM cannon i'll redo this one and paint them in proper colors ^_^