HGAC Leo Boxart:

sB3qzUrzDb6-zEqVPCzwwq7WpumgkTrrm3DFYFV3

Reddit

I was worried yesterday that I wouldn't get my Leo, it was already on low stock. Now I got the HLJ confirmation yay! Gonna want more, but I need to pace my purchases. And I still don't have an RG Tallgeese. It's gonna be a long month of May ^_^;

Also, Vincent van Gouf was really funny.

21 hours ago, dizman said:

It's a good time to be a 1/144 GM fan!

Starting off we have the P-Bandai GM Custom More pics here.

hg-gm-sniper-custom%2B%25281%2529.jpg

A possibly regular retail GM Cannon more pics here.

hg-gm-cannon-gundam-the-origin-msd%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Oh and a GM Interceptor, I wonder if the main kit will be regular release and the booster will be P-Bandai. More pics here.

hg-gm-interceptor-custom-gundam-the-origin-msd%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Ground Gundam is getting a special P-Bandai parachute pack release with a buncha weapons. More pics here.

hguc-ground-type-gundam-parachute-pack-ver%2B%25285%2529.jpg

And then there is this abomination which I kinda want, maybe the P-Bandai price will scare me away. More pics here.

mg-polypod-ball%2B%25281%2529.jpg

MUST! BUY! GM's!

Seems like P-Bandai is about 90% of what is being released lately.  I wouldn't mind so much if the value for money was there but having bought a few MG P-Bandai kits it disappoints me that in some cases almost a third of the parts in the box ended up being unused.

Can anyone tell where the Polypod Ball's spider legs come from? (By the by, it's from a Build Divers side story.) I suspect that much of the frame and armor must be parts from other kits. The armor must be knee or shoulder parts, and the frame... maybe some backpack wing joints?

Otherwise if they are indeed completely new parts, then that would probably be the largest new-to-reused parts ratio I've ever seen in a P-Bandai kit.

I've been wondering about the Polypod parts too, I think the leg frames are new parts. Not too sure on the armor parts, almost looks like IBO Graze armor with some extra detail. I hope it can stand on its own without a support stand.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:39 PM, seti88 said:

I wonder what gimmicks they will have for the base jabber...my MG jesta needs a ride...

Honestly I'll be happy if it just comes out at all. Also I hope it sells well so that maybe we can get a Z-Gundam version and maybe even one day they'll separate the Base Jabber from the MG Uni Ver Ka so that we can have an easily obtainable unicorn jabber too :0

Anyone know of any US stores taking P-Bandai preorders? The only one I know that's taking preorders for the Ground Gundam Parachute Pack Ver. is Tatsu Hobby:

http://tatsuhobby.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=2323

I don't see any takers for the Polypod Ball, either. (Since there was no P-Bandai page last time I checked, I'm guessing it's not open for preorders just yet.)

Hm...

BBTS and USA Gundam Store don't have any pages up yet; how do they gauge how many orders they'll accept? Wouldn't opening up later run the risk of not getting enough orders in before the preorder window closes? Granted, I'm sure Bandai will do second and third waves of production on most Gundam preorders, but still, there's a risk they might not...

NY's price for the Ground Gundam adds about 500 yen over MSRP per kit. Dunno about shipping.

From Japan adds a flat 540 yen domestic shipping fee to an entire order (which will be combined with the international shipping). Seems to be the best option at the moment; I'll go with that and get back to you all on how it goes.

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Hm...

BBTS and USA Gundam Store don't have any pages up yet; how do they gauge how many orders they'll accept? Wouldn't opening up later run the risk of not getting enough orders in before the preorder window closes? Granted, I'm sure Bandai will do second and third waves of production on most Gundam preorders, but still, there's a risk they might not...

NY's price for the Ground Gundam adds about 500 yen over MSRP per kit. Dunno about shipping.

From Japan adds a flat 540 yen domestic shipping fee to an entire order (which will be combined with the international shipping). Seems to be the best option at the moment; I'll go with that and get back to you all on how it goes.

Nippon-yasan is always gonna inflate their shipping sadly. I always do bulk combined orders in order to justify it since other shops in Japan automatically force EMS over $100-200.

Sometimes I use kurama online shop from JPY for single items because their single item shipping is pretty cheap compared to NY.

http://www.bandaionline.com/hg-1-144-ground-type-gundam-parachute-pack-ver-plastic-model/

As for US stores, they don't custom order with large preorder windows. They decide how many they think they can sell and choose to stock whatever amount they order. Often times they sellout their preorders, but when they don't sometimes that stock just sits until somebody picks it up. I've bought old slow moving P-Bandai kits from all 4 before and all were legit.

Edited by Duymon

5 hours ago, Duymon said:

Honestly I'll be happy if it just comes out at all. Also I hope it sells well so that maybe we can get a Z-Gundam version and maybe even one day they'll separate the Base Jabber from the MG Uni Ver Ka so that we can have an easily obtainable unicorn jabber too :0

Yeah an mg jabber series if they sell well...frankly it would be nice to have a fleet of various types. They are fairly unique to hold their own as a display of spacecraft design.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Hm...

Bbts just updated there front page with all the new bandai kits. When you check on the item and look at quantity, usually 1-9 that will till you what there gonna have in stock.

So I found this review of the RG Tallgeese. It looks to be an OK experience but I've never built an RG before so I'm worried I'll make a mistake. What's a good RG to practice on? I already have the  RG Wing Gundam EW kit which I do not want to do before the Tallgeese. I've already built an HG RX-78-2 and Zaku II so RG versions of those 2 are out. I don't like Gundam 00 so I'm not touching their kits. I'm leaning towards RG Gundam Mk-II AEUG Version Prototype RX-178, or Mk-II Titans version, or RG GAT-X105 Aile Strike Gundam. Any suggestions which of these 3 I should get?

2 hours ago, hachi said:

So I found this review of the RG Tallgeese. It looks to be an OK experience but I've never built an RG before so I'm worried I'll make a mistake. What's a good RG to practice on? I already have the  RG Wing Gundam EW kit which I do not want to do before the Tallgeese. I've already built an HG RX-78-2 and Zaku II so RG versions of those 2 are out. I don't like Gundam 00 so I'm not touching their kits. I'm leaning towards RG Gundam Mk-II AEUG Version Prototype RX-178, or Mk-II Titans version, or RG GAT-X105 Aile Strike Gundam. Any suggestions which of these 3 I should get?

A solid RG is the gundam MK-II. The Titans version is cooler imho.

Avoid the RG Sinanju and the RG Zeta unless you are extremely patient.

Once you feel more comfortable you can challenge the RG Unicorn.

4 hours ago, hachi said:

I would just say get the rg tallgeese. It's bandai and a gundam, not hard at all.

10 hours ago, hachi said:

RG MK II is probably one of the easiest and sturdiest kits. The RG Astray Red Frame is pretty good also (careful with the waist peg though).

11 hours ago, Duymon said:

A solid RG is the gundam MK-II. The Titans version is cooler imho.

Avoid the RG Sinanju and the RG Zeta unless you are extremely patient.

Once you feel more comfortable you can challenge the RG Unicorn.

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

RG MK II is probably one of the easiest and sturdiest kits. The RG Astray Red Frame is pretty good also (careful with the waist peg though).

Hmm 2 votes for the Mk. II. I guess I'll get one then. The which one will be my next problem, as I actually like the look of both. :) Thanks guys!

3 minutes ago, hachi said:

Hmm 2 votes for the Mk. II. I guess I'll get one then. The which one will be my next problem, as I actually like the look of both. :) Thanks guys!

The darker blue on the Titans version will show nub marks a bit more. That said, I preferred the darker color scheme.

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

None of the RG kits are actually that hard to build as long as you're not painting them.

I finished building a RG Zeta not too long ago and I wouldn't really recommend it to someone who hasn't built another RG prior. On a side note the transformation is nerve wracking, I got it into waverider without breaking anything but I'm too scared to transform it back.

1 hour ago, hachi said:

I also initially leaned towards the darker color, as the dominantly white Gundam looks same-y after a while. I have a few days to decide (nice article still isn't helping haha)

The RG MKII is great and Titans color is always the correct choice.

Zeta is fiddly and delict but the actual build was fine. I also just built up a wing ver ka which i need to decal up so I can start on the Sinanju. Overall though, I think my favorite RG is the Z'Gok, because it's a Z'Gok.

I like the unique look of the Z'Gok but can't justify buying it. And currently I am annoyed at myself for being 'tempted' at buying more gunpla just because there aren't any more HMR releases I'm interested in. :lol: