Small heads up for some P-Bandai re-releases. Looks like the RG Char custom RX-78 http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000111503 RG Zeta Amuro custom http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000111278/ and HG Asshimar Green Divers http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000111344/ are up for pre-order. I'm tempted on the Green Divers Asshimar but I'm not sure I want to pay the markup price for some white stickers.

It was a quick finish on the rg  Char zaku. No paint, just a gloss coat the the after market waterslides then dull coat on the non clear parts then a raw umber oil wash and another dull coat over that. The lenses for the eye had tamiya clear red and the inside was alclaid chrome to give a lighting effect.

Zaku kits are probably the subject I have done the most over the years. They aren't my absolute favorite, but I do love them and most of the variations and the kits are usually easy to get. I do have a lot of gundam and various gm kits, but my enemy type kits outweigh the amount of friendly kits.

Any way cap, the above zaku is just the little real grade 1/144 kit.

I thought from the comparative size of your hand that it was 1/100, my bad. Regardless, very nice work and those RG kits look quite impressive: comparable to, if not slightly better than MG despite being smaller. I've been so thoroughly impressed with MSG: The Origin in terms of the story and animation quality that I'm hoping that this will lead to new MG and PG kits.

So far they really only have an online exclusive gundam in 1/100 as an mg from the origin series as far as I know.

I do love the variations and prototypes they are making in 1/144 for the origin stuff and bet the mg kits will be on the way for the more popular designs soon.

I'm surprised they haven't made The Origin ZakuII in MG yet, its such an easy kit to release with a few new armor pieces on the 2.0 Zaku frame. Maybe they are waiting for when the Battle of Loum movie comes out.

The new 1/144 MSD Origin line has been great so far, hopefully it continues. I built the proto Dom and local type Gundam and both were fun builds, I'll be going after the guncannon next though I'm not sure whether it will be the yellow or gray version.

Certainly they have been. In 2015 they were releasing one MG a month; in 2016 they released a total of... 4? Speculation has largely been that their focus on Star Wars kits is taking time/resources away from Gunpla. Which is fine by me, all considered. I didn't like their SW kits a whole lot when they started, but setting aside my bias against Bandai kits, they're actually quite decent.

They also got back into the Macross realm with their Delta kits, and all of their other "niche" kit lines (seasonal anime, etc.). Plus so many Gundam designs already have kits, so it makes sense that they're scaling back production and focusing on smaller-scale kits and simpler 1/100 ones (like RE/100 and IBO 1/100). Wait for more designs to fill the Gundam pool, as it were, then ramp up the MG production again.

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting tc012009 from Gundam Eclipse:

More details on the release, I note that the Custom Stand and Decal sheet are being highlighted as a "Limited Edition"

20170116224104ee6.png

9 hours ago, dizman said:

Please be part separation...... yeah that's probably too much to hope for. 

Actually, I think for the most part that IS separated by color. The biceps and elbows not so much, but most everything else looks to be that way. ...maybe not the lower chest...?

Edited by kajnrig

Could be, the more I look at it the leg armors could have yellow pieces beneath the white. The chest V definitely looks like a separate part and that could be the same piece doing the yellow outlines on the chest. The lower chest could be yellow parts sandwiched by black pieces. You are right that the upper arm looks to be a sticker on white though I'm still unsure on the round joints on the sides of the legs and arms. Lets hope for the best and expect the worse :p.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/19869-mg-1-100-gm-sniper-ii-white-dingo-custom-limited-edition.html

GM Sniper II White Dingo Finally available.

Been waiting an eternity for this kit, just pre-ordered 3.

Does anyone know a site that sells P-Bandai for cheaper, not the happiest with the price, as most MG's are steeply discounted on other import sites, but I get it being a P bandai that it will carry a higher price.  

Edited by Vortech

Hobbylink.tv unboxes MG GM Sniper II. Some takeaways:

- Weapons runner is Runner WP "MG Weapon."
- Hands runner is Runner MP "MS Hand A." (Says it's from 2012, they don't know which kit.)
- Uses some frame parts from RX-78-2 2.0. (Arms, hips/skirt, legs.)
- Includes dry-transfer decals.

- They also look at snapbuilds of the HGBF Lunagazer Gundam (compared to HGUC (Revive?) Hyaku Shiki and HG Stargazer), HG Origin Guncannon Mobility/Thermal Test Type (compared to Iron Calvary Squadron kit), and the MG Unicorn Titanium Finish (twin frame version).

https://youtu.be/SWzxJxn5-bA?t=8m9s

Sharing a pic from Donatello over on GE.

High Grade Accelerate Evolution Zeta Gundam

20170124123742c36.jpg

---

I'm not sure why the need for an entirely new branding/kit line, as it seems to do much the same thing as the recent HGUCs/Revives. Maybe it'll focus on transforming designs?

Edited by kajnrig

Oh herp derp me. Look at the price/release information. "Accelerate Evolution" isn't a new kit line at all, just another tagline for a la "All Gundam Project" (back when they were making a push to make MGs of all the lead Gundam suits). Still, I'm not seeing any reason why it couldn't have just continued the Revive naming. The tagline implies something new when the kit itself... isn't.

This may be old news, but I just found that Amazon has started importing Bandai Gundam kits and selling them from their prime service forwhat appear to be very reasonable prices if you get them from either themselves or a competitive vendor.

Edited by Ghadrack
Edit, I read this post and sounded like a shill with so many name references, just letting people know this was an option.

Amazon isn't the only place getting better prices on gunpla. Even local hobby shops are getting very competitive prices with up to date releases. I was at hobby people recently and they had the newest kits and even started carrying mr color lacquer paints and oddly enough sh figuarts toys. These items are getting a bit easier to find in other places as well.

i don't know if these items have all of a sudden become more popular or if a distributor just realized there was an opportunity that they were missing out on.

Oh I'm sure I'm out of date, but my LHS charges exorbitant prices and has limited selection, the last convention the PG kit I wanted was 300 bucks, I just got back from Thailand, the mall hobby shop was charging converted 400 US, and I got it 10 bucks less than HLG and free shipping saving over  50 dollars total, just throwing it out there.  In the past when I searched amazon it was only scalpers charging a thousand bucks a perfect grade kit, now they are selling some retail.

• 2 weeks later...