Today was not a good day. I was taking advantage of the last dry and warm days this year and flat coat the Gunpla kits I built last year. While outside I lost the dark gray inlet in the skirt of my RG Justice Gundam. Bummer!

Does anyone know if there is a feasible way to order replacement runners from Japan?

I think HLJ can order parts for you....but sadly I'm not 100% certain.

I know how it goes though when you get really super close to finishing and you lose something important. That's happened 3 times now last 2 months.

I think HLJ can order parts for you....but sadly I'm not 100% certain.

I know how it goes though when you get really super close to finishing and you lose something important. That's happened 3 times now last 2 months.

i think Traviss over at genteikits.com could also help you out. =)

My Real Grade adventures continues with more ridiculous size backpacks and the Aile Strike Gundam. Which is actually the worst of the Gundam Seed kits because he is unable to stand on his own. It was a satisfying build though because it was a bit different than the other Seed RG kits I built so far. Next step is panel lining and stickering. Maybe I'm able to clear coat it this year.

It is disappointing that there is no place to store the Beam Rifle securely and that the big Armor Schneider is unavailable for this kit.

The only Seed kit that is missing is the Freedom Gundam but I really don't want to own it because it is so similar to the Strike Freedom... but on the other hand it is the last one I'm missing...

Maybe I can schedule it in before Bandai releases the next EW RG Gundam... which seems to be never... so enough time for the Freedom Gundam. :D

Edited by Scyla

My Real Grade adventures continues with more ridiculous size backpacks and the Aile Strike Gundam. Which is actually the worst of the Gundam Seed kits because he is unable to stand on his own. It was a satisfying build though because it was a bit different than the other Seed RG kits I built so far. Next step is panel lining and stickering. Maybe I'm able to clear coat it this year.

It is disappointing that there is no place to store the Beam Rifle securely and that the big Armor Schneider is unavailable for this kit.

The only Seed kit that is missing is the Freedom Gundam but I really don't want to own it because it is so similar to the Strike Freedom... but on the other hand it is the last one I'm missing...

Maybe I can schedule it in before Bandai releases the next EW RG Gundam... which seems to be never... so enough time for the Freedom Gundam. :D

I think I'm a minority, but I actually like Freedom better than Strike Freedom.

I think I'm a minority, but I actually like Freedom better than Strike Freedom.

I can totally understand that. I built the RG Strike Freedom after I saw the box of the PG and thought that is a cool pose. Wasn't able to recreate that with the RG though. ^_^ I think the Freedom Gundam is good looking it is just too similar to the other Gundams I built so far in the RG line and I need something different to keep me interested. The Aile Strike was good but not different enough.

I can get him to stay now that I took of the shield and played with him around a bunch.

One question. should the wings of the Striker Pack be able to rotate 90 degrees downwards?

Edited by Scyla

I can totally understand that. I built the RG Strike Freedom after I saw the box of the PG and thought that is a cool pose. Wasn't able to recreate that with the RG though. ^_^ I think the Freedom Gundam is good looking it is just too similar to the other Gundams I built so far in the RG line and I need something different to keep me interested. The Aile Strike was good but not different enough.

I can get him to stay now that I took of the shield and played with him around a bunch.

One question. should the wings of the Striker Pack be able to rotate 90 degrees downwards?

The Aile Striker's wings should be able to rotate almost 90 degrees down, but not quite straight up and down. For recreating launch scenes and stuff.

I also prefer the regular Freedom. It's just a bit less shark-jumpy and I like it. Wish we had a PG of that. I have no interest in Strike Freedom at all.

I also prefer the regular Freedom. It's just a bit less shark-jumpy and I like it. Wish we had a PG of that. I have no interest in Strike Freedom at all.

A million times this! I think it's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of SEED, but Freedom's probably my favorite non-UC mobile suit. I even dig the big rail guns on the hips, which sorta remind me of the kamas some of the clone trooper commanders wore in Star Wars, and dislike how Strike Freedom shrunk them down.

Not really. I actually prefer Aile Strike over both Freedom and Strike Freedom.

Well, Freedom (largely due to the guns on its wings) reminds me of a bigger, wing-ier F91, another design I like.

Strike (and to a degree, Impulse) is a design that I liked on paper. A simple design that can equip different packs for different missions? I mean, that seems like a good idea. But we quickly run into two problems.

1. The packs basically boil down to mobility, melee, or ranged. I mean, that might make sense in a video game, but I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense militarily. Which is probably why they went with the Aile Striker pack most of the time.

2. You wonder why they don't just slap the big boosters, big sword, and big gun on one pack. Which, outside of the anime, they do with the Perfect Striker (or Destiny Silhouette, or the whole friggin' Destiny Gundam). So... yeah.

Well, Freedom (largely due to the guns on its wings) reminds me of a bigger, wing-ier F91, another design I like.

Strike (and to a degree, Impulse) is a design that I liked on paper. A simple design that can equip different packs for different missions? I mean, that seems like a good idea. But we quickly run into two problems.

1. The packs basically boil down to mobility, melee, or ranged. I mean, that might make sense in a video game, but I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense militarily. Which is probably why they went with the Aile Striker pack most of the time.

2. You wonder why they don't just slap the big boosters, big sword, and big gun on one pack. Which, outside of the anime, they do with the Perfect Striker (or Destiny Silhouette, or the whole friggin' Destiny Gundam). So... yeah.

And that's it. I finally put a finger on what I like about Freedom: it's F91 with wings.

Though, the remastered anime does use the Perfect Strike, which I'd heard was always an idea that got tossed around, but never implemented due to budget and plot constraints the first go. (Which is why they all mounted to different locations on the Strike in the first place) Of course, there are a bunch of striker packs in the MSV. The Noir Striker and IWSP Striker come to mind. Also, Astrays are stated to have the same mounting points as striker packs, so anything developed for the nifty Astrays is theoretically compatible with the Strike. There was also the Gunbarrel Striker on a custom Strike Dagger. (Basically a Moebius Zero folded in half) We just never see it in the animu. I think part of the fun of Strike is playing around with striker pack ideas. Coming up with new equipment to add specialized functionality to a basic mobile suit is pretty nifty. It's always been my favorite thing about the GM, and it was basically the plot of Build Fighters.

It always did feel a bit Liger Zero to me though. It's even all the same colors.

In other news, my cousin returns from Japan tomorrow. He says he has some gunpla in hand. Can't wait to see his haul.

And that's it. I finally put a finger on what I like about Freedom: it's F91 with wings.

Even better, it's like the love child of F91 and Hi-Nu. I mean, Freedom's wings are F91's guns mounted on Hi-Nu's wings (less the fact the whole detaching funnels part). Oh, and replace Hi-Nu's propellant tanks with more guns.

I need some advice. After building some RGs and MGs I want to try out a PG next year. The question is what should I build. Now I have set up some rules for the selection process:

1. I don't want to build a suit that I already own in some form or another. This would exclude the PG Unicorn/Banshee Norn, Strike Freedom, Aile Strike/Strike Rouge, Red Frame (this will hopefully be covered by the Metal Build) and Skygrasper.
  2. I don't like the design of the RX-78-2 and Zaku II (enough) to warrant a PG buy.
  3. I like complicated intricate and complex builds. The more mechanisms and electronic bits the better. Different Materials; yes please, pistons and ratchet joints hell yeah.
  4. Because of that I would prefer to build one of the more modern kits
  5. I prefer complete sets where everything that is associated with the Gundam is included in the box. No need to buy additional decals or weapon sets or something
  6. I don't want to paint parts
  7. And I don't want stickers. Dry transfers or water-slide decals are a must. Stickers to whole areas on the kit are also ok (like the dark red stickers on the MG Sazabi Ver. Ka)

With all these rules applied I came to the conclusion that the PG 00 Raiser is probably a good fit. I watched rrobbert184s review of the kit. However there are some issues so why not to built it:

1. I don't like the black frame because you cannot panel line it with black panel lines and I don't like to highlight it with dark gray instead of it.
  2. The 00 Raiser is not my preferred kind of the suit (that would probably the Avalanche, Quan[t] or Seven Sword)
  3. The 0 Raiser looks pretty simplistic to me and I don't know if I get much enjoyment out of building it
  4. The unpainted/unstickered suit looks a bit bland. No multiple shades of white/blue/red like on the RG and MGs I built so far and that I really like
  5. The GN Sword 2 is not the best design I probably would display him all the time with the GN Sword 3
  6. The Shoulder bit from the 0 Raiser are also not my favorite design

Now that are a lot of cons. What are the pros:

1. I love the mechanisms they built into the GN Condensers to lock the joints into position
  2. The GN Drives look great and have that extra techy detail I would like to have on something like a PG
  3. While not my preferred suit the 00 with only the two Condensers and the GN Sword 3 looks still badass
  4. The mechanisms for transforming the GN Swords 2/3 are great. The included effect parts are also a bonus.
  5. The areas with the clear disks and crown jewel look great and break up the material mix
  6. The whole kit is a massive accumulation of parts and would look great with the right panel linings an applied markings
  7. The suit is contained. There are no other PGs from 00 Gundam so one PG would be enough to complete the line

There are other alternatives:

1. From the pictures on HLJs site the PG Gundam MK-II looks like it would have an awesome frame to build and I also like the design of this Gundam.
  2. The Wing Gundam from EW looks ok but I think I would prefer to have it as an RG with the other four EW suits
  3. I could get a Unicorn Gundam. While I have the Robot Spirits version of it I don't have a representation of it in Unicorn mode. It would be the most recent kit. There is a huge con however. I hate (hate hate hate) the translucent bits inside the frame
  4. My preferred PG would be the Astray Red Frame. However I will eventually have the MB one and I don't want to have a duplicated Gundam especially since they are both high-priced items.

Can you give me some advice on what PG kit I should build? Maybe alternatives. What can you think of to soften the cons or boost the pros (and vice versa). Are there alternatives that fit into my description of what I want to built better than the ones listed in this thread.

I'm looking forward on hearing your thoughts. :)

Go for the older PG, my vote goes towards Mk II or GP-01. Older PG has inner frame gimmicks that was lost on the newer PG (Seed and 00)

As mikeszekely mentioned, 00 is better for RG.

Strike still has a lot of inner frame gimmick, but even with that kit, a lot had to be sacrificed for the Strike's slim proportions. GP01 is, in my opinion, in a sweet spot between the overly chunky early kits and the too-svelte new kits.

Hmm RG Infinite Justice is listed in the HG 1/144 Meteor Unit re-issue webpage.

*edit: Looks like they removed the RG Infinite Justice from the page now :p

Then again it would only make sense that they're re-issuing the Meteor Unit cos of an upcoming RG IJ release?

http://www.gundam.info/topic/13848?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

〈 対象MSキット 〉 ※MS本体別売です。

・ RG フリーダムガンダム (店頭販売商品)

・ RG ジャスティスガンダム (店頭販売商品)

・ RG ストライクフリーダムガンダム (店頭販売商品)

・ RG インフィニットジャスティスガンダム (店頭販売商品)

Edited by joppewo

I've been much much much slower at getting my kits done....I've got such a huge backlog and many of them are just MG kits.

I'm still working on the GM Kai and I ran into a situation where I lost not only the stickers but those damn pipe covers so I'm thinking of using black vinyl and wrap it around the two back leg parts add some realistic detail to it.

Also just finished using some future on this and I think it came out well.

post-600-0-86874100-1442074517_thumb.jpg