I dunno, if I wanted to buy a Frame Arms, I'd buy a Frame Arms. I'm just not feeling it.

And now I'm gonna need some chunky UC Gunpla to feel better about this whole situation. (Come on Bandai, I've been waiting for a Ground Gundam 2.0 for years)

I'd kill for an RG GP-02, or a HG Zaku III 2.0...

Thank you kindly. I'm debating ordering two in case I need a backup.

I realize why this appeals to me so much: this is exactly how in my minds eye, the made up super Gundams I was drawing as an 11 year old while watching Gundam Wing for the first time on toonami would look.

Thank you kindly. I'm debating ordering two in case I need a backup.

I realize why this appeals to me so much: this is exactly how in my minds eye, the made up super Gundams I was drawing as an 11 year old while watching Gundam Wing for the first time on toonami would look.

buy two and sell the other one if you dont need it in the future. :p

K, well recently well more like 2 months now I've been really pissed off over the fact that Bandai LED's have gone up in price and that you wait and you wait and almost half the time t hey don't work well. Then there's the fact the freaking 00 Raiser MG needs like a dozen of these!

Not too mention some of the colors you want are P Bandai exclusive and the aftermarket stuff is just as nasty in price!

So, bought 300 LED's, some CR1220 housing and switches, got out my soldering iron I've had and NEVER used.

post-600-0-50290900-1437791536_thumb.jpg at first I was like "Is this seriously gonna work?"

post-600-0-45253300-1437791537_thumb.jpg but then I was like "HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!"

post-600-0-41874700-1437791535_thumb.jpg finally was like "Did I just hear the final fantasy level up song?"

Guest davidwhangchoi

K, well recently well more like 2 months now I've been really pissed off over the fact that Bandai LED's have gone up in price and that you wait and you wait and almost half the time t hey don't work well. Then there's the fact the freaking 00 Raiser MG needs like a dozen of these!

Not too mention some of the colors you want are P Bandai exclusive and the aftermarket stuff is just as nasty in price!

So, bought 300 LED's, some CR1220 housing and switches, got out my soldering iron I've had and NEVER used.

attachicon.gifLEDOff.jpg at first I was like "Is this seriously gonna work?"

attachicon.gifLEDSuccess.jpg but then I was like "HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!"

attachicon.gifLEDGundam.jpg finally was like "Did I just hear the final fantasy level up song?"

the eyes look cool

the eyes look cool

I just need some better hand control to get the LED more centered. I had to fiddle with the light so it fit better when closing up the Gundam.

Now I'm just gonna LED all the things I wanna LED then bring it to my gunpla club tomorrow and go "ALL THE THINGS!"

I finished my RG Justice Gundam today. Now the wait begins for good weather so I can apply a top coat to my RG Strike Freedom, RG Justice Gundam and MG Sazabi. With the coating done my Gunpla season ends for me until the winter starts where I have an RG Strike Gundam + Skygrasper and an MG Hi-Nu Gundam Ver. Ka lined up.

I wonder if I should build a RG Freedom Gundam to complete the RG Seed lineup but I'm a little fed up with the Seed frame. They are just all so similar.

Maybe I can upgrade my Motorola Razr V3 to a decent smartphone so I can make and post a few images here more easily without relying on a camera. ^_^ Shooting pictures the old-fashioned way is just way to time consuming and exhausting. :D

Anyway, has someone built all the Seed RGs and felt fed up with the build and if so what to to about it. It will be some time until I start another Gunpla build so maybe the feeling goes away by then.

One problem that I really hate for Seed RG frame is that the waist and torso are separate piece. I really like what they did with the Exia/Astraea/00 Raiser frame that the waist part can be secured with the torso. Can anyone tell me how other RG frames/kits are?

That shin needs a seam fill worse than anything. That's one of the things they fixed on a few other versions of the GM. Newer gunpla are taking pretty good steps to minimize seam issues. The weathering job itself looks good though. It's not over-the-top, which is the most important thing.

I'd like to think that each anime has some sort of budget allocation. In the case of Gundam, I see roughly four budget sections: Anime Production, Music Production, Marketing, and Merchandise. If one or more sections are too high, then the other sections suffer greatly. Take Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, for example. It has some of the best animation and music and the marketing was pretty standard for an OVA, but it suffered from really piss-poor Gunpla and no decent merchandise appeared until Master Grade came out. Then you have Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. The music production got the lion's share, followed by marketing and merchandise (the series produced a helluva lot of decent Gunpla that still sell well today), resulting in the animation department suffering a bit.

That being said, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn are probably the two most expensive Gundam titles ever produced, as they both hit extremely high notes on anime production, music production, marketing, and merchandise. The same could be said about Gundam Build Fighters, as the marketing is extremely massive and the Gunpla are among the best-selling in the entire franchise.

On the flip side, Gundam Reconguista in G has a fifth budget section: Yoshiyuki Tomino himself. In this scenario, the merchandise department received the short end of the stick, as the HG Reconguista line fell short of expectations. This is almost the exact same scenario as Turn A Gundam, which had a very small Gunpla line for a TV series. Only difference is that Turn A is awesome and G-Reco is not.

Guest davidwhangchoi

is there an rg gp-02a or an rg gp-03 in the works to throw in the dendrobium (repackaged with some rg special stickers)?

I'd like to think that each anime has some sort of budget allocation. In the case of Gundam, I see roughly four budget sections: Anime Production, Music Production, Marketing, and Merchandise. If one or more sections are too high, then the other sections suffer greatly. Take Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, for example. It has some of the best animation and music and the marketing was pretty standard for an OVA, but it suffered from really piss-poor Gunpla and no decent merchandise appeared until Master Grade came out. Then you have Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. The music production got the lion's share, followed by marketing and merchandise (the series produced a helluva lot of decent Gunpla that still sell well today), resulting in the animation department suffering a bit.

That being said, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn are probably the two most expensive Gundam titles ever produced, as they both hit extremely high notes on anime production, music production, marketing, and merchandise. The same could be said about Gundam Build Fighters, as the marketing is extremely massive and the Gunpla are among the best-selling in the entire franchise.

On the flip side, Gundam Reconguista in G has a fifth budget section: Yoshiyuki Tomino himself. In this scenario, the merchandise department received the short end of the stick, as the HG Reconguista line fell short of expectations. This is almost the exact same scenario as Turn A Gundam, which had a very small Gunpla line for a TV series. Only difference is that Turn A is awesome and G-Reco is not.

While that's fine in theory, also recall that 0083 has a PG, which can almost be considered a pair of PGs in one box. For that matter, while Gundam 00 had a huge budget, its selection of gunpla still suffers, with only 1 MG in the whole lineup, 8 years after the series came out. I don't think the first HGs came out until almost a year after season 1 started. For a show with so many different mobile suits, they've really only focused on the Exia and 00 Raiser. Meanwhile, it's my understanding Build Fighters had a modest budget, but they managed to knock that show out in every positive aspect.

I think it's more likely that each project has a wildly different budget from everything else, and that that budget doesn't have anything to do with merchandise development, which Bandai handles directly. Which does seem somewhat likely, given the enormous number of RX-78-2s we have. Hell, 08th MS Team has 5 MGs, 4HGs, and 4HGUCs, plus some non-grade kits including UC HardGraph. (BUT STILL NO PG or MG 2.0) This from a series which was unpopular enough that we call it Gundam's cult classic OVA.

With that in mind, fans of G-Reco (are there fans of G-Reco?) don't buy enough gunpla, and gunpla people don't really care for G-Reco. So, Bandai doesn't invest in developing new merch and just drop the series with the hope that ad revenue from reruns, sales of existing merchandise, and DVD sales will recoup the show's cost. On the contrary, SEED and Destiny were super controversial and they still are, but they're such strong gunpla sellers, we're getting an RG for a kit we already have a PG for, which was never seen in the show, in a couple weeks. And those shows launched next to a ton of gunpla. The HG line is half Seed. (The other half is, of course, various RX-78-2s)

And all of this kind of sucks, because I would liked to have see a bigger, fancier G-Self. The glow in the dark gimmick was pretty cool on the HG, and I think that could have been even more special in an MG.