Well, technically, the Meteor Hopper's a unicycle. :p:D

That gives me such a great idea:

Beargguy on a unicycle. Not a crazy MS unicycle, just a straight-up circus clown-style unicycle. Please, please, anybody with an in-scale prop, make this happen!

And, yeah, I totally agree that there is nothing very MS-like about the crazy bike build. It's impressive as hell, but it doesn't look like a giant, piloted machine at all. I think I'd be cooler with it if they hadn't directly associated it with Char.

Gundam designs have always looked somewhat like medieval armor anyway--IMO, it seems pretty fitting that they'd be "re-imagined" as knights on horses.

I dont think theres anything medieval about that particular entry as it seems directly inspired from DKOK. Its just that the Death Korps of Krieg is a fictional army in Warhammer 40k where soldiers are characterised wearing gas masks(geara zulu heads) and even the horses wore gas masks like those modded fuunsaki(?) horse. Ok i nerded out.

There's a lot of stickers, around 30, and some of them are covered up by deep blue translucent pieces which lowers the overall affect the stickers give. But in no way are these stickers hard to apply or annoying in any way. I do think the giant sticker on the forehead is worthless as there's a red piece in the center....a single black sticker to fit over t hat would of been fine, not a red and black printed sticker going OVER an existing red piece it's designed from.

All of the blue stickers are fluorescent. If you shine a blacklight over them, they glow blue. Which is why they're under the translucent blue parts.

I do agree about the head sticker, though some careful work with an X-acto knife can fix a lot of the complaints here.

Any idea why this suit is in the RE/100 line? With the Nightingale I had the impression that it was too big for a MG so they decided to reduce the complexity to make it happen. The Mk. III seems to have a standard size for a Gundam. Is it not as popular in Japan this not selling the units to make a MG profitable?

That gives me such a great idea:

Beargguy on a unicycle. Not a crazy MS unicycle, just a straight-up circus clown-style unicycle. Please, please, anybody with an in-scale prop, make this happen!

And, yeah, I totally agree that there is nothing very MS-like about the crazy bike build. It's impressive as hell, but it doesn't look like a giant, piloted machine at all. I think I'd be cooler with it if they hadn't directly associated it with Char.

The "non-Gundam" design was clearly at fault, but I still think the tipping point was the bike. That thing already looks like a human-scale cyborg/android--putting it on a bike emphasizes that even more.

I dont think theres anything medieval about that particular entry as it seems directly inspired from DKOK. Its just that the Death Korps of Krieg is a fictional army in Warhammer 40k where soldiers are characterised wearing gas masks(geara zulu heads) and even the horses wore gas masks like those modded fuunsaki(?) horse. Ok i nerded out.

Well, I don't know anything about Warhammer 40K, so the first thing that came to my mind was: metal suit + horse = medieval knight. :lol:

Edited by GU-11

Are they gonna make a re/100 kshatriya too?

I kinda doubt. The planned schedule for the RE/100 are variations of gundam that did not appeared in General gundam Media

Nightingale is actually a variation or a new interpretation for the novel version of CCA

Mark III only appeared Gundam Mobile Suit Variation (a collection of official design, that only exist in Gundam universe)

Gundam Gerbera , this one never appeared in the OVA but it is the original form of Gerbera Tetra

well at least, that is the pattern and if bandai really follows that pattern, then Kshatriya will never be released in re/100 because both the normal and repaired form appeared in the movies.

edit:

that mecha on the bike looks good. If ever the main suit looks close to Grunt units or any gundam materials, I think it would've win.

Edited by chyll2

I've got a question about displaying 1/144 Gundams.

I have a number of Tamashii Act 5 and Trident stages, but I'm finding that the various claws in those sets don't hold most RG and HG Gundams well, because they lack grip strength and/or don't fit well around backpacks.

Does anyone know of a way to make these stands compatible with the Action Base adapters included in most kits?

Alternately, if you are using these stands with your kits, what is your trick?

so thought just came to mind, I haven't gotten a phone call or anything from Blue Fin in 2 weeks since they said I'd be contacted via phone. Maybe they're gonna just send the parts I needed anyways cause if I don't see anything by new years I'm just gonna trash the kit which will be a bummer after all the work I put into it.

I just finished my Sandrock Gundam ver ka and I really liked how it looks....I wish it came with it's cloak that'd of been very cool as the upper shoulder armor has a slide mechanism for that kind of thing.

This leaves me now with only 2 kits left....RG RX-78-2 and RG Gundam MK II. I really don't wanna work on them until my vacation next wek.