Everyone's seen the awesome video trailer for the MG 3.0 RX-78, right?

From watching the first 30 seconds, one might say this is not Version 3.0 but rather Version 6.0. :lol:

Edited by Vifam7

Everyone's seen the awesome video trailer for the MG 3.0 RX-78, right?

Honestly Its cool but to me its just a larger scale RG. I see no difference and hence it makes the RG a 3.0. I have no need for yet another RX-78 Nice try bandai. Look at your competition.

I think the fact that it's a larger scale RG makes it more interesting and inherently better than the RG proper. Every complaint I have about the RG boils down to it's too tiny and therefore fiddly and fragile.

• 1 month later...

THAT looks awesome. I wasn't very fond of the "tweaked" Epyon asides from the wings, but this is definitely an improvement. It's more subtle than what they did to Epyon.

I do hope it has some RG-style coloring, the two-tone red and white/grey on the RD figure looks awesome.

:o

Anyways I just hope they do a better color pallet than MG Tallgeese (not that I wouldn't be painting it anyways).

I still need to paint up my MG Deathscythe. also need to actually get Heavyarms, Shenlong and Sandrock.

BTW, most important question about this kit: How will it handle the two handed rifle holding pose? Basically, if it can't two-hand grab the twin buster rifle with the shield still on the arm, the kit is dead to me.

So it looks like for Wing suits, the MG scale will basically be only Endless Waltz style except for MG Wing, but the HG scale MAY (hopefully) give us the actual animation suits which I am definitely on board for especially if they do more enemies to go with them.

• 5 weeks later...

Also RG Strike Freedom was announced with what looks like a new stand/base for dragoons/funnel/bit stand slots.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/08/rg-1144-strike-freedom-gundam-announced.html?m=1

once again, totally not surprised. I'm absolutely terrified by the thought of how the mechanics of the funnel backpack will work. At least there including a stand this time, RG freedom was competely worthless in terms of being able to stand on it's own, I don't see this being an improvement.

BTW:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/07/hguc-1144-unicorn-gundam-unit-3.html?m=1

so Unicorn 03 is kind of meh, but friggin full frontal Bawoo, now that I'd buy.

444.jpg

once again, totally not surprised. I'm absolutely terrified by the thought of how the mechanics of the funnel backpack will work. At least there including a stand this time, RG freedom was competely worthless in terms of being able to stand on it's own, I don't see this being an improvement.

BTW:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/07/hguc-1144-unicorn-gundam-unit-3.html?m=1

so Unicorn 03 is kind of meh, but friggin full frontal Bawoo, now that I'd buy.

444.jpg

I agree. Its like they just take a Unicorn frame and stick random crap on it. Meh is right. I agree with the Shinanju upgrade

Well Guys your the first to see it

Not looking forward to this some parts are Kotobukiya small if anyone has had any experience with them they will know how frustrating it is using tweezers but when you have small parts scattered in the tray outside of their place of rest Man I really hate this kit. And its not like they did me any favors almost 90% of the parts have the sprue marks on them so I have to cut them anyway. And with the size of the trays from A -N I dont have enough floor space to keep them all out for me to cherry pick the parts. What a disaster

Edited by slaginpit

Imagine how much cheaper this kit could have been if they just took the runners and stuck them in polybags like a normal company instead of having someone sit there and nip five thousand parts from their individual sprues and put them in twenty vac-form trays for each kit.