I used to think that about 1/44 scale but the RG have opened me up to it. Plus living in the apartment I have in Chicago for the time being getting a lot of MGs just isn't reasonable. But the HGUC and RG kits are perfect, plus I can fill out the zeta series using the HG kits since a lot of those suits never made it into MG scale.

• 2 weeks later...

Man i'm loving the real grade line. This is what I consider my first complete RG. I have two others built but not stickered, lined, or topcoated. Also this is the first time I applied top coat to a model. A lot of learning when into this kit. While it's not perfect (mainly due to my still learning out to panel line and properly get rid of nub marks) it is amazing to me. Can't wait to finish the rest. Except for the recently released or about to released RG Destiny I have the entire line to build up as well as the HGUC G-Defensor and Flying Armor exclusive to go on my MK IIs.

post-2350-0-16963400-1366774127_thumb.jpg

post-2350-0-59333300-1366774175_thumb.jpg

post-2350-0-01596600-1366774211_thumb.jpg

I used to think that about 1/44 scale but the RG have opened me up to it. Plus living in the apartment I have in Chicago for the time being getting a lot of MGs just isn't reasonable. But the HGUC and RG kits are perfect, plus I can fill out the zeta series using the HG kits since a lot of those suits never made it into MG scale.

RG are sweet!

20121229_000403.jpg

I cant read chinese. How much is it? Does it have an inner frame. Is it made for dumb modelers like me, ie RG/PG/MG?

Painting required?

There's a thread at Hobbyfanatics that should give you some insight:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?/topic/41397-mcmodels-1144-qubeley-early-review/

So I have a question. I want to make a really good HG Hyaku Shiki and was wondering if the HGUC Gold Delta gundam is the same metallic gold of the original Hyaku Shiki because it may be my first and probably easiest kitbash ever.

I picked up some interesting stuff at the comic store today....

HGUC Gutank

08th MS EZ8

Char's Counterattack alpha Aizeru 1/550 scale

HG hardgraph Zaku II vs Type 61's ground war set

While its not Gundam I you all might appreciate I picked up a original 1/100 Walker Machine Xabungle. Funny thing is I didn't realize untill now looking at the kit that I had a cheap bootleg toy of it as a kid with Macross and SDF-1 markings. Go figure! :)

So Shizuoka Hobby Show is just around the corner and Bandai have count down on their hobby site linking here:

MG Evolution

This must be the "big" annoucement they previously talked about.

Things that pop to mind for "Evolution"

- A second scale (1/72) to bring it closer to PG, and then maybe droppping PG altogether

- RX-105 Xi Gundam, base work done with Robot Spirits Ka.

- V2 Gundam, Bandai said they were taking their time with this to work out the transformation or having the tech to pull it off

- A separate line dedicated to Ver. 2.0 for older kits

- The count down banner has a faint RX-78 in the background and Gundam Origin is supposedly coming...

- Totally left field, but maybe full metal frames as separate buy to give your MGs that Chogokin feel... (just dreaming)

Really bandai...

1263166394669.jpg

:edit:

Ok, I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably gonna pick this up because I like the 1:1 Gundam's design, but this is still the most boring MG announcement ever.

Edited by anime52k8

I won't be happy until there's a MG of this. And the Geara Doga. And the Jagd Doga.

Why must you torture me so, Bandai?

Lookee:

r2llOmlOzdruH1k9pALnyg.jpg

Awe-some.

This is one of the last HGUCs I've been waiting for. If they give me a Messala HGUC I can say Bandai have satisfied me (...well...HGUC Turn-X would be nice too...)

as above...

1a16.jpg

So it looks like MG 3.0 is basically an upscaled RG model. I think I will stick with RG prize and space saving wise until a see a new MG 3.0 that I would want.

http://www.gundammodelkits.com/mg-1100-rx-78-2-gundam-ver-3-0.html

Maybe being larger will make it less prone to disintegrating in your hand as you build it.

Gp-01 is looking great in both forms, I like how they mixed some grey into the verniers on the FB. Also looks like they will have core fighters, I can't wait to get my hands on the ground version. I wonder why bandai didn't release the RX-78 from origin as the first 3.0, it would have fit perfectly with the anime series coming out next year.

Bit on the fence with 3.0, just bought a G3 2.0 a couple of months back after long debating.

I do like the design of the 3.0 more than the retro look of 2.0, but I don't like that it comes without a proper core fighter.

QUOTE (eugimon @ Apr 26 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
strike

PG 00 has a very simple frame that lacks the detailing and complexity of the strike kit. Posability is lacking compared to strike as well.

THIS and its Fragile. I still like the inner frame from the standpoint technology has moved beyond the Piston Tech but really a lot more could have gone into the kit for the pricepoint. To me its as fragile as the MG Unicorn.

Here's a few bugs/Issues

The cockpit hatch is just a thin piece of plastic No inner moldeing so the winglets on it might snap if your not careful

Posability is a bit ich ...the clickity clack gear/clutch is neat but it hinders from doing cool poses. You have to be careful in some points ie the shoulders you almost have to dissasemble the shoulder skirts to access the clutch to move the arms. DO i really need a clutch system in the wrists. I know it was added to hold the big gun/swords but really any real movement they just fall out. The stand cannot display the O Raiser properly. The weight of the thing either tips it forward or backward. The connection peg is too short??????(same as the MG Unicorn waist and MG Sinaju Shoulders) So if sold for a lower pricepoint grab it otherwise pass and get the strike or even the red frame. Personally I think the GP02 and 01 unit is the best of the bunch. Although not anything near in the form of asthetics and agility but its a big Mech and its well built.

I agree. I do have the clear parts on my PG 00 but it was a collosal failure as it quicly went on sale. I think the best PGs were RX-78 and MK-II. GP-01 is ok but your left with a lots of parts you have to manage