I can say I have built all the major grades and honestly MG is the best. PG is cool for the sheer size and detail but they suck for posing or really anything short of looking cool ona a shelf. HG is cool and great price but lack of details, features, or accessories tend to hurt it. Once I moved over to MG I was in love and will mainly stay with it. For the record I have 6 PG, rx-78, zeta, strike, red astray, wing zero, and 00 raiser.

"Time" makes a bigger difference than grade IMHO. There's a whole lot of RG and even HG that seem to surpass many MG. And there's MG's arguably better than PG's.

Really it's more "size" than complexity/articulation/accuracy, when it comes to grades, IMHO. Nowadays, at least.

My christmas list includes all the new EW Wing suits, though I know that Deathscythe is one of the worst current MG on the market I need all five boys in MG form. Hopefully their EW customs start appears as we have 2 of five all ready. Plus Tallgeese is coming!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about you guys but I have the Nu Gundam Ver Ka in the mail and after seeing reviews I haven't been this excited for a MG model in a long time, probably not since getting the Zeta 2.0 which with the RX 78-2 ver 2.0 are my favorite models, though the Wing Zero Custom is my favorite all time gundam. Kind of wish a ver 2.0 was coming of that.

Purdy enough to be bought for the art alone.

::edit:: However, looking at pics of the actual kit, I'm seriously considering passing. I do NOT like most of the color changes---a bit more yellow is fine, but the decrease in dark grey/black really makes it look bland and monochrome. The side-skirt edges, waist, head-crest-mount, etc---all used to be black, but now they're white/pale grey. Same with many of the chest accents. It's lost a lot of the contrast that used to be there. It always looked awesome with the stark black/white pattern---now it's white/off-white.

Also--looking close, I see LOTS of navy blue. There's some dark grey too, but I will not accept a navy-blue-accented Tallgeese I. I think the pelvis, hands, shield-and-gun-mounts, and shoulders are navy blue, with only the dober gun and ankles being grey. The feet are definitely blue.

Really, I want a white and BLACK Tallgeese. Dark grey is acceptable in place of black. But navy blue, and pale grey, are not.

I'll probably get the Robot Damashii version instead---it has the right color scheme. This is just---bland:

23.jpg

(also, it is the number one thing I *didn't* want to happen but feared months ago---navy blue instead of black/dark grey). I am NOT going to repaint half the kit. I wonder if Bandai would do a "TV colors" version later---it'd cost them almost nothing, but the difference is subtle enough they may skip it completely.

RD version coming 4 weeks later: (so Bandai certainly does know the correct scheme, and still makes it---why on Earth is there an Endless Waltz version of Tallgeese I, with an almost-but-not-right scheme? I understand the concept of EW Epyon, and EW-style Heavyarms and Shenlong etc, but this?)

ROBOT-Damashii-SIDE-MS-Tallgeese-01_1351716660.jpg

(plus the RD version has the awesome BIG eagle on the shield as seen in so much Wing art)

Never odd of them messing with a paint scheme. Reminds me to go over the fixes I'll need to apply when I get around to painting my Qubeley (like the correct purple, not pink funnels and possibly painting the grey footpads pink). Nothing the application of paint can't fix at least. The equally mind boggling Nu "Destroy Mode" on the other hand....

Purdy enough to be bought for the art alone.

::edit:: However, looking at pics of the actual kit, I'm seriously considering passing. I do NOT like most of the color changes---a bit more yellow is fine, but the decrease in dark grey/black really makes it look bland and monochrome. The side-skirt edges, waist, head-crest-mount, etc---all used to be black, but now they're white/pale grey. Same with many of the chest accents. It's lost a lot of the contrast that used to be there. It always looked awesome with the stark black/white pattern---now it's white/off-white.

I'm surprised you didn't mention that the black booster packs are now COMPLETELY WHITE. That's the single biggest thing wrong with the colors IMO although lack of giant eagle and too much blue are also off-putting. If they fixed those three things (black boosters, black toes, and eagle crest) I'd be completely ok with the extra yellow and light grey body accents. Way more excited for RD Tallgeese at this point, even though I'd we willing to paint the thing if I had to.

:edit:

I knew I'd see this particular color scheme somewhere before:

basically it's a weird amalgamation of how Katoki colored it in his Gundam Fix art book.

ob060o.png

5ybtz8.png

Edited by anime52k8

I've never seen that upper pic. The lower one is famous and still looks like Tallgeese due to starkly contrasting colors.

::edit:: The MG kit is actually physically different from the 'real' Tallgeese---the boosters are now mounted on sorta Z-shaped arms that mount on the outer edge of the back---they are not mounted to the shoulder armor. That's a pretty big change. Look at the bottom-left pic here, then go up one---the boosters are removed, showing the mounting-arms clearly. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M4dKrxhuYPE/UMXyXucPn0I/AAAAAAAEDyI/RaAZYz1qXo4/s1600/1fg.jpg

However--the MG kit's rear skirt armor can open, revealing large thrusters---very neat. RD version hasn't shown that yet, so it probably can't.

I understand being upset about the colors but at the same time the entire EW line is not accurate in anyway so why cry about it? I am looking forward to this. I honestly don't think we will ever see the rest of the suits in the regualr anime form in MG other than maybe Wing Zero.

I understand your point, and counter it with this:

MG Epyon is clearly meant to be a very different take, not the same suit. It doesn't preclude a future TV-version---Bandai can't possibly pass it off as intending to be a TV version or substitute for it.

But this Tallgeese is so close, yet different, Bandai could easily say "it's close enough, don't expect us to retool or recolor it to make it 10% different for TV---this is the all-purpose Tallgeese I that'll represent them all".

However--the MG kit's rear skirt armor can open, revealing large thrusters---very neat. RD version hasn't shown that yet, so it probably can't.

RD Tallgeese III's skirt armor are static pieces so unless they remolded them (which I doubt) they won't have thrusters on Tallgeese I

And on the subject of color, I just find it disappointing that they're releasing the model kit with an inferior looking color scheme to a toy that's coming out right after. Look at the pictures with it unpainted with no panel lines or decals and you can see how completely bland it looks. Yeah it's a kit and can be repainted but it's kind of a bummer that you have to paint it just to fix the colors. Not to mention thinking about all the time, effort and added expense involved in fully painting a kit kind of put a damper on ones enthusiasm for it.

:edit:

Also; The giant eagle crest on the shield is my absolute favorite element of Tallgeese I's design, so not having a decal for that is very disappointing to me.

Edited by anime52k8

It really is the waist more than anything that throws off the look. The more I look at it the more I like the pale grey on the head crest, canopy and side skirts.

I'm thinking I want to do something similar to this here: keep some of the pale grey and yellow, but make all the navy proper black, darken the waist and two-tone the boosters. and maybe I'll get daring and make my own paint mask to do up a proper eagle. (as a random aside, I've always found it really strange that although they produced parts to do all three versions of Tallgeese in the 1/100 HG line, they only ever released Tallgeese III with conversion parts for the other 2, rather than actually releasing them in their respective colors.)

Tallg_%283%29.jpg

Another little tidbit I find interesting: they chose to articulate the knees in the opposite way from how the Robot Damashii does it. The RD has the large outer section of the knee armor fixed to the lower leg, while the center knee cap pulls through it and up with the center knee section. The MG appears to have the knee cap as part of the lower leg with the rest of the knee armor riding up with the knee joint.

Well Tried to build my stash of MGs over the week I had off. Two more to go

Then the panel lining, decaling and flat coating

Bought the meteor for my RG Justice Gundam

20121229_000403.jpg

20121229_000411.jpg

Bought the decals from Samuel Decal which still need to be applied

Love my Marasai

20121228_235402.jpg

I painted the entire inner frame gold six months ago. Never got to the other half of the wing. Disassembling is a bitch. Well Finally finished.

20121228_235429.jpg

Coincidentally I started painting the inner frame on my MG

20121228_235642.jpg

Finally getting to the eternal

20121228_235959.jpg

20121229_000005.jpg

20121229_000113.jpg

Nice. Just finished the build of my FA Unicorn but I still need to apply decals, and I'm about to start the MG Nu Gundam Ver Ka. Still need help wondering if the tetron decals on the Unicorn are the same as waterslide or not before I finish it

I got my RG Zeta. And boys gotta say its much better than the PG and MG. This scales seems to work well with the transformation. Proportions are wild

and I third that thought about having a PG Ksh

295736_10151232894336897_1299829940_n.jpg

What reputation do this "elyn hobby products" people have and where can I buy this?

Last I heard Bandai was FINALLY making the Robot Spirits version. I've read that the MG 1/100 was canned because they had troubles with the weight of the wings so this version would just be a statue like the other resin version floating around, right?

Their design looks amazing and very detailed but I don't think they could make a durable kit where Bandai could not.

After some googling, where 95% of the uses of the word were from Gunpla forums asking "WTF is a tetron decal", or translations of Gundam kit descriptions using the word, I believe:

"tetron" may be the specific term to mean "normal" clear-backed stickers. Like, most every Yamato valk ever has a large sheet of "tetron" stickers. They are not foil-backed. They are not dry transfers. They are not water-slides. They are "tetron". Maybe it's what the Japanese call "peel and stick" stickers that aren't printed on mylar/foil. But there's not a single reference as to what the term actually means/describes as far as I can tell. It's certainly not a common term, nor likely the main one used by most people for whatever it is describing.

I'll just echo what David said. I've never seen or heard the term outside of solicits for Gundam kits. but Looking at your picture it's the pale green crap which is the clear peel and stick sticker. they're pre-cut so you just peel them off and lay them down like a Yamato Valk or Zoid model; no water or chemicals involved. I'd highly recommend getting a sharp X-acto knife and trimming the excess clear material around the decals so less of it is visible when applied.