Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

• 1 month later...

Alright, late to the party as usual, with the upcoming french bluray release of Caprica (apparently Universal U.S. says they have no current interest in a domestic release) I decided to check out the initial movie ($7.99 too). I like that they gave a mostly plausable explanation for the colonial cylons. It makes total sense now that they'd want to be human, have an obsession with the one god, and go on homocidal tantrums if they're based on a copy of a dead teenage girl who was involved with the one god cult. Definately a bit of backfill so far.

I know the show itself got some pretty mixed reviews, and I've got some questions for those who have seen it.

-What's up with the school head mistress & the should be dead bomber dude. Are they part of the original 13th tribe Kobal cylons?

-Same question about the one god cult, did it sprout from remnants of the Kobal cylons?'

-Does Zoe end up deciding to kill all humans? Or does the cylon personality(s) wind up being based on someone else?

And of course.

What was the big reveal/wrap up in the last episode.

Edited by Keith

It has been a while since I've seen the show and honestly, while I didn't hate it, I found it hard to go and watch my recordings after they aired.

To answer some of your questions:

I don't think any of them have anything to do with the original Cylons, but I'm not sure. That does sound plausible, I always just assumed they were a different religion that has a very Radical/ violent sect.

IIRC, the Cylon Centurions actually help save people from the terrorist bombing plot and the colonials build a monument to them

I do remember that a big surprise/reveal at the end of the series is that Willie Adama is NOT the Bill Adama we know and love. Willie gets killed, and Joeseph finally gets his act together remarries and as per Tauron custom names his new son after his deceased son and that is who becomes William (Bill) Andama.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I'm inclined to agree with Dobber. I found it hard to pay too much attention to the story itself. I got the distinct feeling that Caprica was almost written to be only "loosely" connected to the BSG series, as the story and how it led up to the main BSG saga wasn't very clear to me...

• 3 weeks later...

They're just having a screenplay written; this project has not been given the go ahead, and most likely will never see the light of day.

Considering Blood & Chrome hasn't appeared yet, there's a high probability it may wind up being this.

No, there's not.

Here is a gratuitous image of a couple of my 1/72 models, just because I am happy to hear about some BSG news:

7-1.jpg

I am a fan of both BSG incarnations, however watching the original recently was a cheesy experience. I think it would be great if the new one would capture some of the ebullience of the original though.

I guess that's nice, but I wish the powers that be would make up their minds on which version of the series to focus on.

To be fair, the new series is "done." I'm sure there were some exec's unhappy that they ended things with a definative ending.

I liked most of the new series, but the ending is certainly a part I didn't like. Kara's final moment really made me shake my head.

For me the end of season 2 and beginning of 3 were the highlights. It was downhill from there.

I actually liked it, nice little nod to Escaflowne & all. Besides, you're going to tell me Kara popping up out of nowhere at the end of 4.1 wasn't one wasn't right up there as one of the best scenes, right along with the jump into New Caprica orbit to launch vipers? I don't even want to know what broadcast watchers went through waiting for that to be resolved. I actually liked what they did with the ending arc of the series. Only place the show really dragged for me was New Caprica, and stupid fatsuit Apollo..

Edited by Keith

I guess that's nice, but I wish the powers that be would make up their minds on which version of the series to focus on.

I agree.

I usually think that most TV series with a mythology should have a 5-6 year run time, 7 max, but with BSG I feel like they should have made it run as long as they could maybe even multi-generational. But I'm sure it would have been cancelled in the long run. I mean I don't even care if they found earth... I just wanted to see good drama with some 0-G combat mixed in on a weekly basis.

But another take on BSG is way too soon.

I felt that by season 3 they were already starting to run out of steam. People asked why they were ending with season 4 and I told everyone that it was better for them to get out while they were ahead...

To be fair, the new series is "done." I'm sure there were some exec's unhappy that they ended things with a definative ending.

That plus there are at least two sets of "powers that be". The movie is coming from the second set.

If we are lucky the new movie will be great, in which case there are 2 great BSG version running around, and a for the most part decent one from the seventies, and if the movie stinks then who cares!

Actually IMHO the NuBSG ending in some ways should have satisfied everyone. Think about it, they leave the colonials alll over Earth to establish human civilization bringining with them their religion culture etc... (... the mayans, the egyptians, the toltec...). Then there is left significant room and evidence that there are still survivors back in the colonies, holds outs in the mountains, caves, bunkers, etc... (...still tribes of men fighting to survive...). Add to that the cylons (red stripe) still exist, and are out there exploring the galaxy and may even return to colonial space to set up their own new homeworld. True they gave up biological form for now, but who is to say that they don't try again and maybe advance the evolution of some reptilian species that will become the biologic cylons of the original series (yes they were original concieved and described in the books as reptilian with the robots who rose us against them before taking on humans, ...this has happened before it will happen again...). Also who is to say that someone (Starbuck) didn't run off with a raptor, heavy raider, small ship whatever, and go back to the colonies, Starbuck would never have been happy on Earth so she goes back to the fight and gives the legend of Galactica back to the survivors. The legend passes down through the generations, through the endless rebuildings of society until you finally get to OBSG and the whole cycle starts again.

What might make an interesting TV movie or mini-series is something bridging the gap between Nu and Original BSG, something multi-generational showing the rebuilding and early Original Cylon war and ending shortly before the original begins.

Didnt Starbuck vanish though as if she had been some kind of ghost or guardian angel..? Whatever happened to her I dont think she managed to jump in a raptor and fly off while Apollo's back was turned.

I loved BSG but that ending just made my poo itch.

That plus there are at least two sets of "powers that be". The movie is coming from the second set.

If we are lucky the new movie will be great, in which case there are 2 great BSG version running around, and a for the most part decent one from the seventies, and if the movie stinks then who cares!

Except there is no movie. It's not in pre-production, or even close. The studio OK'd having someone write a screenplay, which doesn't mean anything.

Actually IMHO the NuBSG ending in some ways should have satisfied everyone. Think about it, they leave the colonials alll over Earth to establish human civilization bringining with them their religion culture etc... (... the mayans, the egyptians, the toltec...). Then there is left significant room and evidence that there are still survivors back in the colonies, holds outs in the mountains, caves, bunkers, etc... (...still tribes of men fighting to survive...). Add to that the cylons (red stripe) still exist, and are out there exploring the galaxy and may even return to colonial space to set up their own new homeworld. True they gave up biological form for now, but who is to say that they don't try again and maybe advance the evolution of some reptilian species that will become the biologic cylons of the original series (yes they were original concieved and described in the books as reptilian with the robots who rose us against them before taking on humans, ...this has happened before it will happen again...). Also who is to say that someone (Starbuck) didn't run off with a raptor, heavy raider, small ship whatever, and go back to the colonies, Starbuck would never have been happy on Earth so she goes back to the fight and gives the legend of Galactica back to the survivors. The legend passes down through the generations, through the endless rebuildings of society until you finally get to OBSG and the whole cycle starts again.

What might make an interesting TV movie or mini-series is something bridging the gap between Nu and Original BSG, something multi-generational showing the rebuilding and early Original Cylon war and ending shortly before the original begins.

I think it's best to leave the two seperate, that way we don't have to deal with Count Ibly, the white light ships, the fact that the Cylon's only screwed with humans from Caprica, and left most of the other worlds they came across genocide free, and worst of all, Galactica 1980.

NuBSG could have focused more on how life is like stuck in a ragtag fleet with no place to call home. The perspective was on the Galactica and Capital One too much throughout the series. I would have liked to know how the rest of the population was trying to cope with the situation. World building in a sense combined with aspects of a space strategy game like Homeworld. It's too late now that it has a definite end and the only thing the production crew can do is go backwards or back to the 70's version.

Except there is no movie. It's not in pre-production, or even close. The studio OK'd having someone write a screenplay, which doesn't mean anything.

Well, they didn't OK the writing of a script for a new TV show... As with all things - it's not done till it's done and even then it may still never get released.

Where did you get the decals that show up on the dark paint of the Mark II?

-Kyp

Hey Kyp, its been awhile since I've been on this thread. The decals on the Dark Viper is mix from my MK-VII decal sheet and the customs I got from JT-Graphics.com

The decals from JT are good for Vipers with a White or Grey base coat, they will not work on black, hence I had to wait for the MK VII to come out. B))

Also here is another MKII I'm working on!!

post-6180-0-96117400-1319392404_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne