Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

I want to watch shows on BBCA were the English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh are the majority in a show not the minority.

Made in the UK not Canada or California.

Now you're just talking crazy talk. next thing you know, you'll be complaining that they'd star showing Top Gear America. ;)

I want to watch shows on BBCA were the English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh are the majority in a show not the minority.

Made in the UK not Canada or California.

Not sure I understand the issue. Is there....some sort of problem with shows that are made in Canada or California? I may be old fashioned or uncool but I thought that having gripping stories, such as TNG, X-Files, BSG, etc. was the important thing in deciding to watch a show, rather than where they were filmed or where their actors passports say they're from?

I would have the same problem if they started showing Top Gear US on BBCA the same goes for Stargate and any US/Canadian show shown on the BBCA I want to watch English/UK television when I turn on BBCA.

Is the BBCA runing out of BBC shows to air and they have to put US shows on.

I can go on Netflix or a Half Dozen Cable channels and watch TNG.

I would love to watch some of the early DR WHO episodes I am kicking my self know for not watching DR WHO when it was on PBS when I was a kid twenty years ago.

What about Blake seven, Red Dwarf and the many BBC/UK produced Sci fi shows.

I am probable making a mountain out of a Mole hill, but if they start airing more non UK/BBC shows other than TNG/X-Files I will stop watching BBC America, and I will assume many other viewers who watch it for the sake of watching the fine English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh actors will too.

I also have no problem with the BBCA airing a movie because it has a actor from the UK in it.

I'm sorry when watching BBCA I want to see people from the UK acting not a Gaggle of Canadians two English men and a hand full of Americans on screen the same thing goes for X-files, and ST next gen.

Then don't watch it. Problem solved.

Then don't watch it. Problem solved.

Not really, look what happened to scifi (er, syfy). I don't watch the reality crap on there - but more and more of it keeps appearing each season. Quantum Kitchen anyone?

I guess I should be fair, there was no idiotic animated sitcom on syfy this season (unless I blocked it out after that outer space astronauts things from last year)...

• 1 month later...

Rather than making a separate thread, I thought I'd post this here, it's a dark paint schemed Viper Mark II build that I had commissioned several months ago. I often thought that the Mark II would look good with a dark Grey paint scheme similar to the Mark VII, and I think it turned out great.

You'll notice that not all the decals are on this build, the reason for that is mainly because most of them wouldn't show up against the dark Grey paint, so they were left off. The registry numbers and pilot's name plate decals were left off because I didn't want this to be stuck as either a "Starbuck" or "Apollo" build.

-Kyp

post-4560-0-69139900-1308495309_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-31851500-1308495338_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-00479900-1308495368_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-42422600-1308495395_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-77930600-1308495458_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kyp Durron

Nice job Kyp, that's actually similar to the colors I was going to throw on top of the Mk 7 when that one comes out.

So I got the chance to check out the BSG Pilot miniseries on BBC America. Perhaps it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but all the characters looked so fresh-faced at the beginning of the saga - even the old man looked less wrinkly. Although the series was somewhat short-lived, clocking in at half-a-decade, the characters look a lot more aged by the time Daybreak aired.

Nice job Kyp, that's actually similar to the colors I was going to throw on top of the Mk 7 when that one comes out.

So I got the chance to check out the BSG Pilot miniseries on BBC America. Perhaps it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but all the characters looked so fresh-faced at the beginning of the saga - even the old man looked less wrinkly. Although the series was somewhat short-lived, clocking in at half-a-decade, the characters look a lot more aged by the time Daybreak aired.

Thanks, I don't think I made it very clear in my post, but just to make sure, this isn't my build, it's a build I had commissioned several months ago from a builder that goes by the name of probuilder41.

I also agree, the actors seemed to age a lot in just 5 years, but that could also be attributed to the daily stress of being on set of a popular series.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I just caught a couple of eps on BBC-America, and I have to say, this is much better than I thought it would be. Ever since 'Dune', I've been constantly let down by the crappy production standards that Syfy (whatever spelling they're using) used, but to be honest, this show is getting to be very interesting to me.

Good, you have no idea what your in for. It really was one of the best show's on TV. Really good drama and the effects, when used, are outstanding. I think alot of people just never gave the show a try due to its name.

Chris

Good, you have no idea what your in for. It really was one of the best show's on TV. Really good drama and the effects, when used, are outstanding. I think alot of people just never gave the show a try due to its name.

Chris

So true. And if you start liking it, I highly recommend getting it on Blu-Ray. Standard def doesn't do the show justice!

I just caught a couple of eps on BBC-America, and I have to say, this is much better than I thought it would be. Ever since 'Dune', I've been constantly let down by the crappy production standards that Syfy (whatever spelling they're using) used, but to be honest, this show is getting to be very interesting to me.

You haven't seen anything yet. There are much better arcs/eps to come. Don't spoil ANYTHING for yourself. Read nothing. Seriously, don't come back to this thread until you've seen the show's final episode IMHO. Wondering "who" is half the fun. :)

Well, when I was but a wee wipper-snapper, I liked the original series, and wa absolutely amazed at the original Cylon Centurions. That's why I was sceptical, at first. WEll, with nothing else to watch, I decided to try it today, and I can firmly say that I'm hooked.

It does have the occasional "soapy" episode, but it stays on target for the most part. What surprised me most where the sheer number of what seemed to be anime references integrated in (in a good way).

Edited by Keith

You haven't seen anything yet. There are much better arcs/eps to come. Don't spoil ANYTHING for yourself. Read nothing. Seriously, don't come back to this thread until you've seen the show's final episode IMHO. Wondering "who" is half the fun. :)

Yes. Avoid any spoilers...this show deserves your undivided shock and wtf moments. It's awesome.

BSG is easily one of the best shows ever (any kind). That is was done by SyFy boggles the mind.

As other have mentioned, it does have it's bad moments in the middle seasons BUT KEEP WATCHING, it DOES get much better. (the ending is kinda dopey - just a warning there, but still well worth watching)

The same guy that built my dark Viper built this as well. It's based on a sig pic he found...

I think it turned out great, he's offered to sell it to me, but I think I'll pass on this one.

Has no one done a Skull Squadron custom paint scheme? You know, Roy, Hikaru, Max, Kakizaki in their DYRL colors. That'd be hilarious.

• 4 weeks later...

Though I have BSG all on Disc now, its still fun to watch it on TV, just a cool nostalgic vibe I suppose. Just picked up the MK VII VIPER, so can't wait to build it!! :D

Also theres the BATTLESTAR PEGASUS kit on Ebay right now, same scale as the Moebius Galactica (Or incredibly close), very tempted to get one!

Edited by 505thAirborne

• 2 weeks later...

Just stared watching the show thanks to Netflix. Hot damn I am hooked. only about 5 episodes in, but it had it's claws in me by the end of episode 2.

Just stared watching the show thanks to Netflix. Hot damn I am hooked. only about 5 episodes in, but it had it's claws in me by the end of episode 2.

We've said it before, we'll say it again. Be VERY CAREFUL about what you read...there are some major "HOLY SH*T!" moments that you absolutely do NOT want to have spoiled for you.

We've said it before, we'll say it again. Be VERY CAREFUL about what you read...there are some major "HOLY SH*T!" moments that you absolutely do NOT want to have spoiled for you.

At one point the show drags, and you figure it lost it's magic, KEEP watching or you will miss some of the best episodes of the whole thing. Then it drags again, but once again just slog on through, it is worth it.

At one point the show drags, and you figure it lost it's magic, KEEP watching or you will miss some of the best episodes of the whole thing. Then it drags again, but once again just slog on through, it is worth it.

At ONE point...? It drags through a good part of Season Two, and Season Three REALLY sags in the middle...