Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

Yup, just got mine today! Will go nicely with my MKI and my resin 1/32 MK VIIE from timeslip creations I just finished!

Chris

Thats awesome, hopefully you can post a few pics when shes all finished up. My should be arriving soon. can''t wait!

Well I notice some symmetry with the Colonial Fleet and Cylon Fleet.

Galactica and Columbia being the same class yet different enough. The Y type Baseship and the retcon Y type Baseship. Galactica's class can insert within its main body its landing bays. As per The Plan Y type Baseship halves can rotate in the same direction.

The Colonial Fleet has three other types of capital ships seen. Pegasus Mercury class, Valkyry types and the Berzerk. The Cylon Fleet had the Guardian Basestar, Double disk Basestar and the Colony.

That makes five types of armed ships on each side.

Colonial Fleet have the Mk II Viper, Mk VII Viper , Raptor , Shuttle and the hardly seen Stealthstar. Cylon Fleet has the original Raider, bio Raiders, Heavy Raiders, Freighter Transport, and a blurry Reconnaissance Drone.

Mechleader, Your Pegasus & Galactica look awesome!!! The Colonial One is outstanding!

My old Hobby shop in Northridge just sent me an email that both my MKII VIPERS are in the hands of FEDEX, Yaaaa! B))

Did you guys see this;

http://culttvman.com/main/?p=4803

I wish they would re-do the original Galactica (the Monogram is just too simple and the Timeslip too expensive!)

Anyone know of the Moebius Viper in a store in Toronto (without all the shipping and duties)?

Did you guys see this;

http://culttvman.com/main/?p=4803

I wish they would re-do the original Galactica (the Monogram is just too simple and the Timeslip too expensive!)

Anyone know of the Moebius Viper in a store in Toronto (without all the shipping and duties)?

I'm in toronto and i haven't a clue. I ordered it from BBTS and I haven't heard yet....

BTW, do you know any good anime toy shops in town? There's one at yonge and dundas, but that's all I know. Oh yeah, there's the anime exchange in chinatown.

CylonColonyThePlan1.jpg

CylonColonyandBasestar.jpg

CylonColonystagingground.jpg

I do have to wonder why of all places did Cavil put this near a black hole. It was perfectly defendible from where it was.

good point. That thing looks bigger than the death star. It could hang out ANYWHERE and be defendable.

Saw how well THAT worked out.

True... But then again, hybrid technology was supposed to be exlusive to the cylons, not the human fleet. That and battlestars are supposed to take a licking and keep on ticking.

I'm just pointing out the probable theory as to why the base is near a black hole. It limits how you can jump in, and thus, gives the defender an expectation as to where the enemy is likely to be. I'm pretty sure only the insane would even try to jump into the area that's not protected by the basestars as there's the black hole to contend with, as well as all that debris. Remember what happened to one of the raptors that jumped into a mountain during the rescue on Caprica. Imagine jumping in, and finding your XO's head sticking out of a boulder in the CIC.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my New MKII VIPER a few minutes ago Via UPS!!

I must say for just a quick mini review: The Box is beyond impressive in both the Art work & quality of the photos, everything is very well sealed up. The detail to Viper Pilot is about the best I have seen on any Pilot with a kit in years. Looks like you can use the back of the box as part of a Diorama or Background of the hangers. Decals look superb and offer various Squadron markings. Parts look nice & clean, detailed. However I did see that one MW member posted in the Model Section that you should "Test Fit" all parts before gluing, so I am taking that advice for my Viper!

Best part is as far as the box goes, is that it shows the GALACTICA, MK VII & CYLON Centurion are coming out too! If you guys have Vipers in the works, Post them here & lets see what ya got!! B))

post-6180-1272051268_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051277_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051285_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051294_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051305_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051318_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051330_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051340_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051358_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051367_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1272051399_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

Had a bout of insomnia last night so digged through my old DVD's and popped in Season 2.5. The Pegasus arc was definitely my favorite part of the series.

Definitely the most epic pew-pew until we get to the end of the series, so much space-p0rn, from the Blackbird, Galactica vipers vs Pegasus vipers, to the assault on the Resurrection ship, etc. Seeing both BS fly side by side hammering the base-stars was just awesome.

In addition, I like how the character drama was just so well interwoven. The outcome of the resurrection ship battle really took a back seat to the Adama vs. Cain who is going to pop a cap first storyline :lol: . This proves that the most badass cold hearted mutherfracker of the leadership trio was El Presidente Roslin, when she said, "Bill, we gotta kill her." It was just so anticlimactic, I fell out of my chair...

It's great discovering small interesting factoids, now that Caprica has fleshed out some more cultural details about the 12 colonies. It makes perfect sense that the super-tough admiral Cain is a Tauron dirt-eater.

Edited by Ghost Train

Just started watching this series last month and am really enjoying it. I don't know why I didn't check it out when it first aired but it's great to be able to watch the whole series straight through, though I'm still only halfway through the first season.

I think it's very odd that tyrol doesn't mention that boomers' prob a cylon throughout the tribunal and even afterward when that poor schlub takes the wrap for leaving some hatch open in episode 6. Do they fire him out of an air lock later on when they find out what he knew and when he knew it? Guess I'll find out!

Anyways, top series so far...FRACK!

Just started watching this series last month and am really enjoying it. I don't know why I didn't check it out when it first aired but it's great to be able to watch the whole series straight through, though I'm still only halfway through the first season.

I think it's very odd that tyrol doesn't mention that boomers' prob a cylon throughout the tribunal and even afterward when that poor schlub takes the wrap for leaving some hatch open in episode 6. Do they fire him out of an air lock later on when they find out what he knew and when he knew it? Guess I'll find out!

Anyways, top series so far...FRACK!

Keep going...it gets better. Then worse. Then better again. A few times.

And wow...gosh...you remind me of myself about eight months ago... ^_^

Let's all be nice and show spacemanoeuvres the same consideration and kindness that was shown me, okay? :D

Keep going...it gets better. Then worse. Then better again. A few times.

And wow...gosh...you remind me of myself about eight months ago... ^_^

Let's all be nice and show spacemanoeuvres the same consideration and kindness that was shown me, okay? :D

Will definitely stick with it.

and uh oh, I'm guessing I missed something obvious here. He prob turns out to be a cylon too! hahaha

My wife and I have fun shouting "(s)he's a cylon!" at the screen anytime someone does or says anything even remotely out of character.

I usually don't mind spoilers but this is one series that I'm trying to be careful about so please be gentle!

And how about gaius' visions/communications with number 6? gawd dayum! sexy robots are SEXY.

and uh oh, I'm guessing I missed something obvious here. He prob turns out to be a cylon too! hahaha

My wife and I have fun shouting "(s)he's a cylon!" at the screen anytime someone does or says anything even remotely out of character.

I usually don't mind spoilers but this is one series that I'm trying to be careful about so please be gentle!

And how about gaius' visions/communications with number 6? gawd dayum! sexy robots are SEXY.

Ah, your question...

Would you believe that it's really just that Chief Tyrol's in love with Boomer? Don't get paranoid, man...it's too early in the series for that. Plenty of time for paranoia later... ;)

Just keep watching the series all the way through, when you think the writers forgot to give you an answer or left you hanging, it all comes together on the end! B))

We've got another person just now starting the series? It *is* Gubaba all over again!

The short version---the people who definitely can't be cylons are, and those who obviously are, aren't! Except for those who are. :D

well, except for the ones that seem like they're cylons but are actually humanoid lizards.