Macross Lineart and Profile Color Scheme Art, Round II

Talos

I don't want to be a grammar-nazi in here (which is kinda weird, because I'm native german) but it is "VF-22 Sturmvogel" and not "Sturmvögel".

"Vögel"(birds) is the plural version of the word "Vogel"(bird).

One Vogel

Two Vögel

get it?

:p

• 3 weeks later...

Something else I've been fiddling with, using the FAST packs from VF-19 Master File and adapting to fit the YF-19/VF-19A I drew a while back. These are connected with a project I'm working on with someone, which will be kept under wraps for now. ;)

post-5201-0-68259200-1318753785_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's crazy and an interesting idea. Good job on it!

There is one spot you should take a look at, on the top of the forward fuselage, there's some bleeding right in front of where the wire meets the fuselage. Some of the blue. Other then that, I didn't notice any problems.

• 1 month later...

I am a new member here and certainly this line art is absolutely amazing and informative!

I've started playing with them and these are some examples of the results

Talos thanks for your great artwork!

... my friends call me RAFE

SKULL-00x.jpg

well so much for masturbating today..... pretty awesome arts, sir...

Extraordinary work you got in there, Rafe. From the look of it, I think you have a very extensive background in graphic work, and I'm sure you used some techniques and references from illustrations of IRL aircraft art.

I'm totally impressed. :) That's gonna be a case of Tecate!

Edited by soul.assassin

th_VF25TRACE_50_36TFW_JADE_FORCE.jpg

First VF-25 NUNS variant with USAF-style markings and a RAM-gray paintjob, a marked improvement to the earlier one-off profile of a SEAL-style SMS spec-ops unit.

I thought of it while still brainstorming for a fanfic, in which (post-Vajra War) NUNS created a new elite special operations unit (patterned after the "Diamond Force") as a counterpart (and potential rival) to the famous and colorful Skull and Pixie Teams, but in response SMS Frontier is about to add a new Team with selected members gathered from other SMS units deployed in migration fleets.

Edited by soul.assassin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am a new member here and certainly this line art is absolutely amazing and informative!

I've started playing with them and these are some examples of the results

Talos thanks for your great artwork!

... my friends call me RAFE

I don't know how I'm just seeing this now but your paint scheme using the modern Thunderbirds is almost exactly like the design I was thinking about using to customize one of my Yammies.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot how fun this thread was, particularly with the "new" squadrons and air groups folks come up with... B))

What is this "VERI-Tech" I've seen...? :huh:

I've heard of OTEC, VF = Variable Fighter and Valkyrie... hmmmmmm

Finally pretty much finished the YF-24-2 Evolution line art. This is based on the Master File one, with additional detailing, some cleanup, cockpit interior, etc added. I'm going to be using it as a base for my production VF-24A Evolution, as well as the rest of that family. There's some minor details that are missing, but I'll get around to adding those later.

Can't wait to see those!

• 3 weeks later...

hi there !..another artwork using the amazing line art from Talos !! I hope you like it...

VF25_revisado.jpg

@Zinjo

VERITECH stands for Variable Engineering and Robotic Integration TECHnology

Thank you all for your comments !!

your friend

RAFE

He's mocking your use of the term from Robotech, which is generally laughed at here. The proper Macross term is Variable Fighter or VF. Valkyrie or Valk also works. ;)

Anyway, your stuff looks good, man. I like the shadows. :)