Macross Lineart and Profile Color Scheme Art, Round II

Talos

In real life terms, the Macross modexs are probably, at least in the original show, based on JASDF ones, which repeat the last three digits of the plane's serial number. You can see that on 32-8080/080 here. When I was doing my VF-4s, I pretty much stayed with what they had in real life with the Navy squadrons, with a few tweaks here and there. The harder one was assigning non-USN squadrons modexes that fit the rest, of course.

I really need to get back to Macross stuff sometime. I've been focusing on some other series recently.

Maybe, unfortunately they really didn't spend a lot of time of the other aircraft markings so there is no way to be sure either way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am a new member here and certainly this line art is absolutely amazing and informative!

I've started playing with them and these are some examples of the results

Talos thanks for your great artwork!

... my friends call me RAFE

SKULL-00x.jpg

I has been ages since I have been here, man ths is FANTASTIC!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

1/72 MACROSS OPTION DECAL SETS CODES: 65760, 65766 & 65757.

Dear all,

I’m checking my kits because I want to build a new VF-1 model and I picked up the decal sets bought several years ago. I think they are very well done, the inside sheets mainly.

MacrossDecalSets09.jpg

These decal sets are now not available on the market but, if you are interested in them, you can see them in my blog:

http://nonsolopanzer.com/2014/08/05/172-macross-option-decal-sets-codes-65760-65766-65757-2/

If someone is able to read the notes in Japanese related to the VF profiles, a translation in English is well accepted!

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Wriggles fingers to perform a bit of thread necromancy...

I found this image online and thought this was the most appropriate place to share; the artist is byeontae_jagga (http://blog.naver.com/rulldis/220685610456). Enjoy!

Edit: Replaced with larger image

383963180e5332c61d1686c147ba64b7.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

• 2 years later...

A tad bit late for this thread but here is some of Talos's Line art I colored in USAF 8th FW markings under UN Spacy control..........I did post these to his DA account for him to look at and his line art is very accurate. I added a few more details such as panel screws and fasteners. Thanks Talos for allowing us to color your line art!

vf_1x_and_vf_1p_line_art_by_talos56-d3hr26x.jpg