Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.7

logos

I've ordered from Hs, hlj, od, ae, and amiami, and have not had any issues, except maybe from ae but

that got fixed quickly. Heck even ebaying something from Japan has been great. Can't say the same from

ordering anything from from hk <_<

Anyways. Ppl with vf-27's have your ankle locks gotten pretty weak when in battroid. I really don't like their

use of diecast on diecast friction joints like the shoulders and foot/ankle joint. It's just getting loose.

The 27 ankle locks came loose on both my copies and nearly all the metal on metal joints are worthless now too.

mine is about the same as when it came out of the box. (i.e. tight enough to stand on its own but loose enough to collapse when moved/handled.) that's after stiffing everything up with super glue twice.

Edited by anime52k8

My VF-27...much like my Armored VF-25S has been in Fighter Mode 98% of the time.

I wouldn't know if any of the joints would collapse after prolonged standing.

I learned my lesson after Alto's bird turned into a floppy mess.

My VF-27 is extraordinarily difficult to get back in it's battroid pose holding it's gunpods, mostly the shoulders... I'm afraid to touch it now cause getting the gunpod up in a firing position will be a PITA again. <_<

My VF-27 is extraordinarily difficult to get back in it's battroid pose holding it's gunpods, mostly the shoulders... I'm afraid to touch it now cause getting the gunpod up in a firing position will be a PITA again. <_<

throw it in the trash, you'll feel much better. ^_^

What a pity. I really would have loved to get the VF-25 and VF-27 but with all these bad reports ....

What a pity. I really would have loved to get the VF-25 and VF-27 but with all these bad reports ....

the dx-27 is a great design, it's only real flaws are paint apps coming off due to shiny plastic (which is preventable) and kinda loose joints. my doesn't flop around like the early edition 1/60 yf-19, but not tight like a 1/60 vf-1 v.2

I don't handle my VF-27 enough to be any indicator but it's been fine. I still think it's an excellent toy. A ton of people bought them and only a few people are complaining about issues so that might be something to consider in your choice on whether or not to jump in.

EDIT - and if you were thinking of handling your toy a lot, and it did get loose, nine times out of ten there's an easy way to fix the looseness (like a tiny dab of clear nail polish or superglue).

Edited by jenius

the vf 27 is better that the vf 25 but still far away of yamato´s and in my personal opinion dont have excuses because bandai is a bigger company than yamato that mean a lot of more resources and give us a line (macross frontier) shielded in the "retro style" that are lower in all aspect exept in price and fragility that sucks and like I said before hope that new yf 29 really change the things

That's quick - released a few days ago, already 35% off:

10139366p.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10139366

Heys guys i have not ever ordered from this company before, can someone who has conform that they are a good company to be ordering from for good customer service, shipping and packaging quality, etc ???

I just ordered that VF-25G from them a few days ago, they seem to be all right with quick e-mails confirming your order and payment received. I'm just waiting on a shipping notice from them, but this is my first time buying from them so I can't say if their good or bad plus 4,000YEN for EMS shipping seems a little high but it is coming from Japan and I'm assuming the box will be quite large.

I just ordered that VF-25G from them a few days ago, they seem to be all right with quick e-mails confirming your order and payment received. I'm just waiting on a shipping notice from them, but this is my first time buying from them so I can't say if their good or bad plus 4,000YEN for EMS shipping seems a little high but it is coming from Japan and I'm assuming the box will be quite large.

Cool and thanks for the response and when you get that let me know how ordering from them turned out for you

Heys guys i have not ever ordered from this company before, can someone who has conform that they are a good company to be ordering from for good customer service, shipping and packaging quality, etc ???

I have ordered Master Grade Gundam kits from them before. Their service and processes for payments and shipping notifications are more or less the same as amiami. In short, recommended.

Edited by Getsuga Tenshou

I have ordered Master Grade Gundam kits from them before. Their service and processes for payments and shipping notifications are more or less the same as amiami. In short, recommended.

Cool Thanks man

Cool no problem, I ordered from them Sunday and received a shipping notice with the tracking number today. So all that's left is to wait for the postal service and see how well of a packing job they did.

Someone in the yf-29 thread said a v.2 vf-25 is comming out, is this true?

No, it's speculation and hope. Some Bandai staff said they'd like to take another crack at making a VF-25 toy (in the hype for the YF-29) but no one has said they actually are going to do that. The speculation is running more rampant because the YF-29 toy seems to be very similar to the VF-25 while having a number of improvements.

Anyways. Ppl with vf-27's have your ankle locks gotten pretty weak when in battroid. I really don't like their

use of diecast on diecast friction joints like the shoulders and foot/ankle joint. It's just getting loose.

The only problems I've had with my 27 is the shoulders. They're a bit loose now, but otherwise still holds up well. Everything else is still perfectly fine. I have had absolutely no problems with the paint. I've transformed mine a couple dozen times at least, and so far so good. I think it's a quality toy. I got mine back in Oct 2010. I didn't handle it for a couple months but I recently transformed it last night after all the hype for the 29, and I still love it. This is coming from a guy who was disappointed with the Macross Zero toys and hated the 25.

Edited by pud333

Got mine today and everything seems fine but I haven't bothered to transform it yet. The packing job from Hobby Search is about average, the usual bubble wrap with some packing paper stuffed in between the package and outer box, nothing special. Anyways here's some pics, sorry for the very bad photos.

post-5693-0-31827800-1299622075_thumb.jpg

post-5693-0-29068700-1299622083_thumb.jpg

post-5693-0-99511100-1299622094_thumb.jpg

post-5693-0-88393100-1299622103_thumb.jpg

Got mine today and everything seems fine but I haven't bothered to transform it yet. The packing job from Hobby Search is about average, the usual bubble wrap with some packing paper stuffed in between the package and outer box, nothing special. Anyways here's some pics, sorry for the very bad photos.

Hey awesome and glad itt arrived safe for you and thanks for the update bout hobbysearch.. Is is looking amazing all loaded up.. very cool

It looks great. :)

I don't regret my purchase. I do regret their arm/shoulder joints, though. If you prefer fighter mode, you won't regret it. This is one of the few valks I display in battroid though.

Yeah, my VF-27 spends most of its time in fighter mode. If the joints aren't used, they don't loosen. :)

I don't know if I'd go that far. After the first couple months, I didn't handle it, much less transform it. Wouldn't surprise me if youre greenie wasn't pretty floppy itself.

yep, the plastics used just shrinks over time. someone should seriously weigh a fresh out of box DX on a super precise scale and then weigh it again 6 months later and see if they're actually loosing mass. :ph34r:

Yes, Future is very glossy, but so is the plastic used in the DX toys anyway, so it's not a big deal to to coat the whole thing. You could then spray it with a semi-gloss or flat coat afterward if the gloss isn't desirable.

Guys - Thanks for the tip about using polish. I finally broke down and bought an armored DX vf-25 and am looking to preserve it (for eternity).

How did you guys actually apply the future polish ? Did you spray it onto the DX (25 or 27) while it was in fighter mode or battroid mode? I am worried that after coating, there will be a clear transparent but uneven layer on my spanking new $200 toy! From what I am reading on this forum it seems like Pledge Future polish is the best brand for this usage and will not corrode the paint?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

When I read somewhere that there’d probably be a V.2 DX VF-25 release some when in the future I looked at mine and thought WTH, I’ll modify it to make it look better. Seriously, I was kind of tired of all its anime inaccuracies and bulky look, even in fighter mode which is supposedly the better looking one. If that works I’ll end up having a nicer toy, if it doesn’t I’ll be buying the new one anyway!

Do you think guys it’d be worth to start a new thread in the Building/Customizing Macross Models & Toys section? Some of you may have done it as well and we could share some experiences and ideas; or perhaps my try could encourage others to do the same…