Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.7

logos

Wow, that's almost what I paid for the bare Messiah when it was released December 2008. I'm very tempted to get one of these to replace my froppy Messiah.

definitely, I had no interest in getting another 25F in the beginning, but at that price, after I sold my original 25F it's like I just paid $40 forthe Tornado parts, plus the color upgrades on the valk itself, it's a win win for me, now I hope I don't get the "SWS" logo

definitely, I had no interest in getting another 25F in the beginning, but at that price, after I sold my original 25F it's like I just paid $40 forthe Tornado parts, plus the color upgrades on the valk itself, it's a win win for me, now I hope I don't get the "SWS" logo

My plan for dealing with a SWS logo: change the first S to an E so it spells out my initials. :p

Man that VF-25 with the Tornado pack looks sweet, I might just have to buy it. I could care less if it's fidgety since like most of my collection it will be a shelf piece and will be displayed in fighter mode as for Gerwalk mode only the VF-1's look any good in that mode IMHO and even then it's a pretty silly concept.

Thanks to these recent posts I've finally decided to preorder the VF-27B and pass on the Tornado (booster pack+ vs. SWS-). I still think the Tornado is a terrific buy but my diorama is running out of space (and one Alto with the Tamashii exclusive fastpacks is good enough for me).

Sweet. Ami Ami restocked, hopefully have one on the way early next week. Cheap too! $131 before shipping...

reading this board looking at these pictures all the time made me like the tornado pack more and more. Placed an order with amiami just before when the website indicated 2 left! By the time I finished my order I checked just for kicks if it went down to 1. It reads 0 left out if stock now! I did get a confirmation of order application. Hoping that means I got 1 before they were all snached up!

Looking forward to having a white colored alto valk finally! Now I'll have 2 alto and 3 different sets if armor though (I had planned in just picking up a stand Alone thus week at a local store to go with the heavy armor)

Otherwise Razerwire, how's the toy?

I like it. The new, slightly different colors on the 25F are more appealing to me with many of the light gray plastic parts now black.

The leg additions are much better this time around in comparison to the FAST Pack ones. They don't come apart nearly as easy as the FAST Pack ones do.

The only negatives for me are that the 25F used weren't improved, leaving the gerwalk mode still falling short. Also, much like the Armored, the additions on the wings make it top heavy in battroid mode which causes it to topple backwards easily. There's also tiny little spikes on the end of the wings of the wing boosters that can easily snag onto clothing so you might want to be careful of those. There's two on each wing for a total of four.

I've mentioned this before.

Amiami throttles their inventory levels to promote, "OMG it's the last piece" impulse buy.

They are no where near out of stock =p

Of that I have no doubt, but at that price and with 1/2 price shipping I was more than happy to fall for their ruse. ;-)

Eh, my YF-21 cracked a thigh/hip piece all the way through, and I'd only transformed it like 4 times---I blame the truly pointless "limb removal" aspect---makes that spot thin with a ton of stress on it, as it never wants to "go the way it needs to" for transforming, it always "goes the way that unlocks the leg and makes it fall off" so you have to always put stress on it to make it "not unlock" the leg.

Plus, lots of us have YF-21's where the back plate will not go down flush in fighter mode. (and it's NOT related to the legs/belly plates, as even if the belly plates and legs are physically removed, it still won't go down)

Eh, my YF-21 cracked a thigh/hip piece all the way through, and I'd only transformed it like 4 times---I blame the truly pointless "limb removal" aspect---makes that spot thin with a ton of stress on it, as it never wants to "go the way it needs to" for transforming, it always "goes the way that unlocks the leg and makes it fall off" so you have to always put stress on it to make it "not unlock" the leg.

Plus, lots of us have YF-21's where the back plate will not go down flush in fighter mode. (and it's NOT related to the legs/belly plates, as even if the belly plates and legs are physically removed, it still won't go down)

That's all user error. :lol:

So What Stupid mistake must have happened at the factory to make this kind of Seriously Woeful Slip on this toy? Sources Will Say that this is yet another Superfluously Wrong Setback for Bandai because they are a Shitty Whoring Supercorporation with Seemingly Witless Strategies, but it's also just as likely that it's a Simple "Whoops, Sorry!" situation that can be fixed easily and Soon Warehouse Shipments of corrected parts can Ship With SAL from places like HLJ to Satiate Wronged, Sad fans who Simply Want SMS logos.

1) it is not a requirement for factory workers to know English (nor Engrish)

2) it's not a requirement that factory workers must watch films, anime or anything the merchandising they are asked to make is related to.

3) imagine they asked an American factory worker print Japanese text on toys.

YET...

4) Bandai does have a QC department, or do they?

Edited by regult

So now there are at least four cases of SWS that I know of. Waiting on a fifth owner to confirm whether or not he has it as well.

Starting to look like it's either a whole manufacturing run or Bandai did it intentionally.

Hi, you got you're fifth!

I just received my Tornado Pack today and am in the process of sending AmiAmi an e-mail myself.

Let's be positive : We have a special collector's edition of SWS Tornado's :)

Hi, you got you're fifth!

I just received my Tornado Pack today and am in the process of sending AmiAmi an e-mail myself.

Let's be positive : We have a special collector's edition of SWS Tornado's :)

Ahhh. I got a buddy on TFW who hasn't opened his yet and there might be a sixth then.

Got a big stress mark on my Gamlin VF-22S's hip. I blame myself though.

Graham

vf-11b and vf-21/22 have been QC and issue free.

I'm not sure if this can be considered an issue, but my VF-11B suffers from a loose lower heatshield. Unless the battroid is either upside down or lying on its back, it always slides back down into the nose. My only remedy for it is to raise the cockpit pod up a little to keep the lower heatshield in place. The picture on the manual suggests that the upper heatshield is supposed to latch onto the lower one and secure it from sliding down, but try as I might, it just doesn't work that way on the real toy.

Is this a bona fide design issue or am I missing a few steps here?

I'm not sure if this can be considered an issue, but my VF-11B suffers from a loose lower heatshield. Unless the battroid is either upside down or lying on its back, it always slides back down into the nose. My only remedy for it is to raise the cockpit pod up a little to keep the lower heatshield in place. The picture on the manual suggests that the upper heatshield is supposed to latch onto the lower one and secure it from sliding down, but try as I might, it just doesn't work that way on the real toy.

Is this a bona fide design issue or am I missing a few steps here?

It locks in place, sometimes it is hard getting it there though due to it being small and the space being limited. You should feel it click though when it's properly in place. Check in previous threads for the VF-11B to see how some people have done it.

I'm curious if Bandai's other toy lines have had as many issues with the paint and errors in the printing as their DX Macross F line.

I'm not trying to imply that "zomg, Bandai hates Macross!!!1" I just honestly don't know how their other stuff normally is. The only other products I've bought from Bandai were the original SOC EVAs which required very minimal tampo printing anyway, but the paint was pretty solid. Do their Gundam toys have similar issues that come up? Or the other SOC releases?

I'm curious if Bandai's other toy lines have had as many issues with the paint and errors in the printing as their DX Macross F line.

I'm not trying to imply that "zomg, Bandai hates Macross!!!1" I just honestly don't know how their other stuff normally is. The only other products I've bought from Bandai were the original SOC EVAs which required very minimal tampo printing anyway, but the paint was pretty solid. Do their Gundam toys have similar issues that come up? Or the other SOC releases?

Yes. My GFFMC RX-78+G Fighter set has ink from the panel lines that is easily rubbed off and pretty much tainted the clean look of the parts. The ink was sticky on the PVC parts, and did not stay well on either the PVC nor ABS parts. Deco issues aside, their 1st MSiA! RX-78 had loose limbs.

I think a secondary coat to cover the prints might work on the DX Macross toys.

I just blame the upside down logo as just a new product mistake, we all know that Bandai can make high quality products with the Soul of Chogokin line possibly being the highest quality mainstream toyline out there. With that said I would probably be annoyed too if my toy came with a screwed up logo but after awhile I would just display that side to a wall lol. Besides I'd rather have a "SWS' instead of a "SMS" than a busted arm or cracked hinges, ones just a cosmetic mistake while the other one is a structural one.

I just blame the upside down logo as just a new product mistake, we all know that Bandai can make high quality products with the Soul of Chogokin line possibly being the highest quality mainstream toyline out there. With that said I would probably be annoyed too if my toy came with a screwed up logo but after awhile I would just display that side to a wall lol. Besides I'd rather have a "SWS' instead of a "SMS" than a busted arm or cracked hinges, ones just a cosmetic mistake while the other one is a structural one.

post-19-1270400742_thumb.jpg

(negotiator's armored vf-25s)

And I'd rather have an easily fixable shoulder crack than the whole back plate fall apart. <_<:rolleyes:

Edited by eugimon

It locks in place, sometimes it is hard getting it there though due to it being small and the space being limited. You should feel it click though when it's properly in place. Check in previous threads for the VF-11B to see how some people have done it.

Thanks, man! Tried it again, and I just had to tug at the shield harder to get it to lock. I'd be one happy camper if I haven't gotten Yamato'ed by my Gamlin VF-22S the same night... :angry: