Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.7

logos

A VF-25 V2 with the improvements from the VF-27 would entice me to not only rebuy what I already have bought, but would likely entice me to buy the Luca and Michael that I have yet to buy.

I'm a GERWALK mode freak, so that is one thing that really detracts from the VF-25 to me, especially because I think the Messiah has a really nice GERWALK mode.

I just opened my Tornado Messiah and was in the process of putting on the additions when I noticed that one of the leg armor pieces has the SMS logo upside down.

Is it supposed to be? The other side is right side up. Did I just get Bandai'd? Has it been reported before? I plan on writing to AmiAmi to see if they can contact Bandai for a replacement.

Here's pics:

P1050982.jpg

P1050983.jpg

Just my two cents' worth, but it definitely looks like a QC snafu at the factory. I don't own the fig, but if only one side of it is upside down, then it's likely a production oversight.

I guess that's one of the merits of applying your own decals and stickers; as opposed to being paid peanuts to slap stickers and decals onto a toy you couldn't care less about, as an owner you're far more careful not to make any mistakes.

Or is this an April Fool's joke, and I just punked myself by replying to this thread? :blink:

Come to think of it, the photo might have been made by using the part on the right side and attaching it upside down on the left side. Not saying you're actually trying to punk anyone, but seeing as today's supposed to be April Fool's (yesterday where I live), you just never know.... :ph34r:

Edited by GU-11

I just opened my Tornado Messiah and was in the process of putting on the additions when I noticed that one of the leg armor pieces has the SMS logo upside down.

Is it supposed to be? The other side is right side up. Did I just get Bandai'd? Has it been reported before? I plan on writing to AmiAmi to see if they can contact Bandai for a replacement.

You got Bandai'd. It's not supposed to be upside down. On my Tornado DX, both are the right way up.

Bad luck.

Graham

I guess that's one of the merits of applying your own decals and stickers; as opposed to being paid peanuts to slap stickers and decals onto a toy you couldn't care less about, as an owner you're far more careful not to make any mistakes.

But stickers and to some extent decals, never look as good as factory applied Tampo printing. Plus stickers will eventually peel.

Come to think of it, the photo might have been made by using the part on the right side and attaching it upside down on the left side. Not saying you're actually trying to punk anyone, but seeing as today's supposed to be April Fool's (yesterday where I live), you just never know.... :ph34r:

The wing root peg locks into a hole in the top pf the leg armor, so if you want the wing root to lock in place, you can't fit the leg armor the wrong way.

Graham

But stickers and to some extent decals, never look as good as factory applied Tampo printing. Plus stickers will eventually peel.

The wing root peg locks into a hole in the top pf the leg armor, so if you want the wing root to lock in place, you can't fit the leg armor the wrong way.

Graham

Very true, regarding the better look tampo's give a fig as opposed to decals and stickers. In fact, it's one of the reasons why I don't apply any of the included stickers on my Yamato VF's. That shiny border of transparent cellophane kind of takes away the realism of the fig.

As for the possibility of the photo being faked, thanks for clarifying. Didn't want to make any accusations, but what with this being April Fool's Day and all, paranoia's pretty much in the air.

@GU-11 - i thing the OP would have preferred that you were the one punked (by his pic)......... not him. :ph34r:

Heheh, I feel kind of bad for being overly suspicious, but in my own defense, I grew up in a household where I'm the youngest child. Paranoia mode automatically kicks in on every first day of April--I plead post-traumatic stress disorder. :lol:

And Razerwire, sorry for doubting you.

Edited by GU-11

Actually, I have to take back what I said.

I just took a closer look at my Tornado pack and the Tampo printing on the right leg armor is indeed upside down, so it reads 'SWS'......LOL!

Graham

Really?

Hate to say this but I'm relieved that I wasn't the only one.

I did shoot AmiAmi an email about it and asked if there was any way to contact Bandai for a replacement. Not that it's a HUGE deal but just annoying to see SWS instead of SMS on one side.

And yeah, I can totally see people being suspicious of it being an April Fool's joke but sadly it isn't. :(

Graham

Unfortunately the tampo on the DX's will scratch off. The SMS markings on my super armor and 25S have turned into unreadable letters or what little is left of the "SMS" prints. I LOVE the gloss finish but I wish a secondary finish was applied atop of the paint apps.

Unfortunately the tampo on the DX's will scratch off. The SMS markings on my super armor and 25S have turned into unreadable letters or what little is left of the "SMS" prints. I LOVE the gloss finish but I wish a secondary finish was applied atop of the paint apps.

I use white markers to touch up any tampos on my DXs. Does a pretty good job as long as you have a steady hand or mask it with tape first.

Not really wanting to add to the panic, but I can confirm the right leg armor is upside down on mine as well. I noticed it was upside down when I first attached the packs and thinking it was odd, just didn't think to check if the other side was the right way up.

Wondering maybe this was done on purpose, so it reads somewhat in the correct way in Gerwalk mode on one side? Looking at all the Bandai promotional shots and instruction booklet, I notice none of them ever show the right side of the fully completed toy. Only shows the right side in the transformation guide, where there's no tampo printing.

Checking my copy of Dengeki May edition, their pics of the VF-25F Tornado Pack has the SMS logo upside down as well. So most likely this means all of them are like that. I'll be checking with my local dealer in the meantime to see if any news about a reissuing of parts like they did with Ozma's super pack, but I highly doubt it....

Even if nothing can be done, not too bothered myself.

Not really wanting to add to the panic, but I can confirm the right leg armor is upside down on mine as well. I noticed it was upside down when I first attached the packs and thinking it was odd, just didn't think to check if the other side was the right way up.

Wondering maybe this was done on purpose, so it reads somewhat in the correct way in Gerwalk mode on one side? Looking at all the Bandai promotional shots and instruction booklet, I notice none of them ever show the right side of the fully completed toy. Only shows the right side in the transformation guide, where there's no tampo printing.

Checking my copy of Dengeki May edition, their pics of the VF-25F Tornado Pack has the SMS logo upside down as well. So most likely this means all of them are like that. I'll be checking with my local dealer in the meantime to see if any news about a reissuing of parts like they did with Ozma's super pack, but I highly doubt it....

Even if nothing can be done, not too bothered myself.

Yeah I scoured for some pics as well of the right side but found absolutely none. :(

***EDIT***

Got a response from AmiAmi:

Hello Ron,

Thanks for your mail. We are very sorry to hear that your figure has been improperly painted. We are currently in discussions with our management with regards as to what we can do about this situation, and we will be in contact with you next week when we are able to determine the best course of action.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the meantime. Thank you for your patience!

Best regards,

Ricky Wilson

I followed up by asking them if they had any way to contact Bandai/Tamashii to confirm whether or not it is in fact a misprint or if it's supposed to be like that. I also informed them that so far there have been two other confirmations of the SWS logo.

Edited by Razerwire

Here's a pic of the 'SWS' markings on the right leg armour of mine. This doesn't really bother me at all to be honest.

Also, another pic of the VF-25F with Tornado packs fitted, just cus' it's such a nice looking bird IMO. :D

Haven't transformed it to Battroid or Gerwalk mode yet, despite having it over a week now. May not even bother, as Fighter mode looks so nice.

Really hope we get to see some tech specs on the Tornado packs soon. Love to know how the thrust-to-weight ratio compares with the Super and Armoured versions.

Graham

post-11-1270196208_thumb.jpg

post-11-1270196306_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the 'SWS' markings on the right leg armour of mine. This doesn't really bother me at all to be honest.

Also, another pic of the VF-25F with Tornado packs fitted, just cus' it's such a nice looking bird IMO. :D

Haven't transformed it to Battroid or Gerwalk mode yet, despite having it over a week now. May not even bother, as Fighter mode looks so nice.

Really hope we get to see some tech specs on the Tornado packs soon. Love to know how the thrust-to-weight ratio compares with the Super and Armoured versions.

Graham

Have you heard anything about the add on micromissile pods that wasn't included with this release? It's probably going to be yet another Tamashii exclusive like the Gallia IV and RVF Ghost set huh?