What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

Finished the Loups Garous movie and was disapointed. Aside from my complaints about the adaptation (though they probably did the best they could condensing what is a fairly dense novel), I found the pacing to be way off and their attempts at generating emotional impact fell flat. On the up side, I at least didn't find every adult in the anime version to be completely contemptable like I did in the novel.

Trying to decide what to watch next. I was going to get around to finally watching Konpeki no Kantai, but discovered that it was one of the things I lost in a hard drive crash earlier this year and I'm not being able to locate a torrent for it again.

I finished up Agamagami SS today. Poor Rihoko ;_; ... friendzoned lmao:

I think Haruka arc ended up being the best for me.

They didn't explain everything in the Ayatsuji arc but i thought that was the best next to sex hair. :D

me and my imouto just finished up a run through "VANDREAD" a couple months back,

but we've kinda ran out of Anime to watch lately...

i'm thinking of getting the "Tsukuyomi MOON PHASE" complete collection,

now that i have my doll of the main female character from that series, "Hazuki Morioka"

which i had always liked since first seeing her in an issue of NEWTYPE USA (R.I.P.) five years ago,

and i was also thinking about starting the Haruhi Suzumiya series as well, but, after looking into it some,

i'm not so sure me or my sister could actually stomach any of it.

i mean, i'd love to see my little Mikuru-chan♥ walk, talk and breathe, but being forced

through Haruhi's infamous constant abuse of her, coupled with what i'm beginning to grasp

about Mikuru's future adult self, would pretty much cause my brain to melt down, i think...

Edited by Shaorin

Mazinkaiser SKL. I have not watched any of the old classic mazinkaiser but this iteration is full of awesome.

Robot molestation - check

pole dancers - check

chicks in togas - check

blood and gore - check

bad ass heroes with little development - check

Finished Eden of the East the tv series and found out that

there actually 2 Eden of the East films that continue with the story which is by no means ended and the series actually ends with a bit of a cliffhanger.

Any one have any idea when the E. of E. films will have an official stateside release? As far as I can tell, they have been licensed by Funimation but I can't find a release date.

I've never seen the 2nd movie for fear of being disappointed. :(

Pity really, since the TV series was a good anime.

I liked the second movie and wasn't disapointed with it at all. I definitely recommend watching it as it ties up the series quite nicely and I thought it did a good job of pulling the political commentary together as well.

Is "You're under arrest " any good?

thinking about watching it.

I enjoyed the original 4 episode OVA. Isn't groundbreaking or thought-provoking, but I enjoyed it. I thought the movie was a little too serious, considering how silly the manga is.

I've never watched the TV series, so I don't have an opinion on that.

I've been watching more movies. King of Thorn was pretty good. Some nice animation and a decent mind-screwy plot. I imagine it's a shoe-in for getting licensed, if it hasn't already.

Mai Mai Miracle was another one that I enjoyed. It's obviously going to be compared to Ghibli films, but I think there's enough to it to set it apart from those. I'd say that the depth or characterization was more than what is found in most Ghibli films (and I don't see Miyazaki having a scene with a bunch of school kids accidently getting drunk any time soon). I also appreciated the historical aspects of the show; both the main setting of a small town in post-occupation Japan and the flashbacks to the Heian era.

The Munto movie, on the other hand, was very disapointing. It was mostly a rehash of the last few episodes of the TV series with just the last part that was new.

New season is starting up. Of the four shows I've seen so far, looks like Puella Madoka Magica will be the one I'll be watching for sure (that first episode just oozed atmosphere). Yumekui Merry is a maybe, depending on how the next couple of episodes go. Infinite Stratos wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but still not my thing (fight scene before the opening was pretty cool, the fanservice level was tolerable, but I'm not a fan of harem antics and the characters were walking cliches). Rio: Rainbow Gate! was just plain awful on just about every level.

I watched the 1st episode of IS: Infinite Stratos. Despite the obvious parallels to Strike Pantsu Witches, I seem to have judged it too fast. The amounts of mecha and scifi seems to be well balanced with the more contemporary slice of school of life tropes - complete with tsundere female lead.

Finished watching the last episode(#26) of Claymore. Wow. Really good story. Great tense action. Kind of bloody but not too gory.

This is totally worth your time.

The character Raki did remind me of Saji Crossroad(from Gundam 00). A young man that wants to join in on the fight for a reason but finally brings sanity to the situation without conflict. Come to think of it...Clare kind of looks like Louise Halevy(also from Gundam 00 Second Season). Both girls went overboard for revenge for the death of loved ones.

Alright, on to a lighter tone anime, Vandread.

Nothing really picked my interest from the winter season charts except Fractale. First episode of IS: Infinite Stratos did not really make an impression, seems to be cliché harem with mecha.

On the bright side, I will have time to dig into the classic Super robot shows. Not quite sure where to begin, but Mazinger Z seems like a nice starting point.

It is, but it's also long and repetitive, with very minimal character development: you may find it hard to enjoy...

Movies usually are better IMO

I watched the 1st episode of IS: Infinite Stratos. Despite the obvious parallels to Strike Pantsu Witches, I seem to have judged it too fast. The amounts of mecha and scifi seems to be well balanced with the more contemporary slice of school of life tropes - complete with tsundere female lead.

Looks promising, despite the harem setting i find it rather enjoyable. It feels like what Macross Frontier oughta have been. School life surrounded by girls with a sci-fi backdrop. :D

Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka is aaaawesome! Moefication and Haremnization of zombie survival horror.... what an incredible concept! :p This show is like Bakemonogatari, except swap the knock off vampire for a zombie and make everything more retarded.

End song and anime slightly nsfw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lzFUzj83ao

Edited by Ghost Train

Finished Final Fantasy Unlimited yesterday: the last pair of eps or so was rather interesting but they didn't suffice to save the rest; too bad because the base concept had potential...

I plan to watch the Gundam 00 movie soon and after that to begin the Umi no Triton TV series as soon as I will have read the original manga: I'm onto writing a biography of Tomino atm.

Mazinkaiser SKL. I have not watched any of the old classic mazinkaiser but this iteration is full of awesome.

Robot molestation - check

pole dancers - check

chicks in togas - check

blood and gore - check

bad ass heroes with little development - check

bad guys go "squish" - check

rocket punch + giant sword - check

I loved the one pilot's reaction to using the rocket punch.

"I know it's always impressive, but I hate waiting for them to come back."

bad guys go "squish" - check

rocket punch + giant sword - check

I loved the one pilot's reaction to using the rocket punch.

"I know it's always impressive, but I hate waiting for them to come back."

Yeah that made me LOL considering they were non-stop kicking ass until the rocket punch, that's when they had to pause. :lol:

Finished watching the last episode(#26) of Claymore. Wow. Really good story. Great tense action. Kind of bloody but not too gory.

This is totally worth your time.

The character Raki did remind me of Saji Crossroad(from Gundam 00). A young man that wants to join in on the fight for a reason but finally brings sanity to the situation without conflict. Come to think of it...Clare kind of looks like Louise Halevy(also from Gundam 00 Second Season). Both girls went overboard for revenge for the death of loved ones.

Alright, on to a lighter tone anime, Vandread.

Overall i thought Claymore was a great series but the last few episodes started getting a bit tiresome.

"Evil monster person has awakened super evil powers!"

"Good Claymore person awakens their super powers!"

"Oh no Evil monster person had only half awakened and still has more power sher can unleash!"

"Ha! luckily good Claymore person had managed to unawaken while still retaining maximum ass kicking powers!"

"AHA! Evil person has an even higher level of super powers!"

...and so on