LOST

There's a lot of viewers that say that this is a show that there's a lot of people that come back to life. But really Sayid is the only one that has come back to life everyone else either managed escaping death or is a ghost (or in Locke's case a doppelganger...) Even one of the episode is named Dead is Dead.

There's a lot of viewers that say that this is a show that there's a lot of people that come back to life. But really Sayid is the only one that has come back to life everyone else either managed escaping death or is a ghost (or in Locke's case a doppelganger...) Even one of the episode is named Dead is Dead.

All I know is----they have a LOT to wrap up and explain in only 6 hrs of TV that's left. It's either gonna be epic or an epic FAIL......at which point I, along with a whole lot of other people will take up arms and go into the streets I suspect.... B))

that tells you they are effective short story writers but anything more they fall short.

What I would have expected is that they tie up the shows plot. But instead they are adding more plot than is neccessary and therefore there is no possible way to give viewers a final closing to an overall exciting series. I would have liked an ending like BSG where you get closure and story completion

IIRC, through other sites, the creators have said what they have intended to wrap up may not need all the characters physically there for them to wrap-up certain plot points. But we still have episode 15 (which is suppose to involve Jacob and the MIB) which is also suppose to have more answers, which comes right before the finale, so I'll wait for that episode before passing judgment.

I'm sure they'll tie up all the major storylines, but there's no way to tie up everything. Sometimes, a storyline is made up just to give a certain character depth. Like Ilana's relationship with Jacob...

The funny thing was, when Dogen was telling Sayid about how he got into that accident with his little boy, I felt like Sayid was looking at him like "Sorry, no flashback for you..."

The kind of storylines we're probably not going to find out about have already gone wayside such as Walt. But I'd say they've already started answering all important things like, what is the Island, what's the smoke monster? why are they there? What are the numbers? etc.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lindeloff and whoever back in a season 1 interview say flat out that the island is NOT pergatory?????? And now they are saying it is?? I don't have a problem with it really, it just always stuck in my head that I heard or saw that somewhere....

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lindeloff and whoever back in a season 1 interview say flat out that the island is NOT pergatory?????? And now they are saying it is?? I don't have a problem with it really, it just always stuck in my head that I heard or saw that somewhere....

Depends on your definition of "purgatory". If you were stuck on a island in the middle of nowhere, not allowed to leave, with another guy who was bringing people to this island just to prove a point, for a thousand+ years, and with a bunch of souls who just can't get over it and move on, ya might just get sick of the place and call it "purgatory".

I'm pretty sure that when Lindeloff answered that he meant as far as the main characters' reason being on the island, which is what the speculation was about. Not the whispering voices. The writers have always played with the fan's guesses as to what the island is. Hurley's imagination? Well they had that episode where Hurley thought that it was all in his insane head but it was discounted by Libby. And last week's episode does reveal it's purgatory for Michael and other souls, but also puts the Island inside alternate Hurley and Libby's head. So in a way, while the fans are definitely wrong, they are also mostly correct... ^_^

Great points by all about the story not going to have the type of closure we saw in BSG...I'm also worried that this is going to end a-la Sopranos. :angry: There is even less time now to really give you a wrap up worthy of a 5 year ride into confusion and speculation.

Last night's episode seems to be the opening volley for the long awaited "war" on the island which is probably going to be a skirmish with MIB managing to take out the sonic wall and take Widmore's team to school...

The sideways story is really developing nicely...I think we haven't seen the last of Daniel or Eloise either. She knows definitely something is up but the question is, what side is she on? Its very clear Desmond is working both sides of reality, his unique ability to do that is not in question. Still though, I doubt he is all lovey dovey with Charles just because he revealed potentially what the MIB is.

T minus 4 weeks is it already?

so now we know that it was definitely the Man in Black disguising himself as

Christian Shephard

and we've seen in a previous episode that surrounding yourself in a circle of some type of ash creates a barrier that

smokey

can't cross

I haven't watched the past seasons recently, but wasn't the cabin surrounded by a circle of ash &

Christian Shephard

was seen inside by Real Locke?

so they somehow trapped him in the cabin for a while? how did he get out? I don't remember

Edited by chowyunskinny

so now we know that it was definitely the Man in Black disguising himself as

Christian Shephard

and we've seen in a previous episode that surrounding yourself in a circle of some type of ash creates a barrier that

smokey

can't cross

I haven't watched the past seasons recently, but wasn't the cabin surrounded by a circle of ash &

Christian Shephard

was seen inside by Real Locke?

so they somehow trapped him in the cabin for a while? how did he get out? I don't remember

1) I don't believe that. It's an obvious lie.

2) True

3) Correct...and proves that your original point is a lie.

4) See above.

1) I don't believe that. It's an obvious lie.

but that's who Claire left with before she disappeared and she said she has been with him ever since. So it makes sense.

MIB/Locke saying that he was masquerading as

Christian to lead Jack to water

, and lying about it does not preclude him from masquerading as

Christian

later with Claire.

Also, I'd point out that it's generally hazardous to say that we know anything "definitely" merely because a character asserts it. Especially when that character is apparently the villain and has been demonstrated to have lied in the past.

If you saw Locke say: "yes that was me" and didn't immediately wonder if he was actually telling the truth and categorize the information given as dubious, you probably shouldn't be allowed to watch TV anymore. :lol:

But as NSJ23 said... the fact that he was seen with Claire confirms it... plus remember that the cabin kept changing locations even though we know it's a physical location when we saw it being built, so its possible that Hurley was led to a mock cabin that mockLocke created.

But as NSJ23 said... the fact that he was seen with Claire confirms it...

Confirms that

Christian

was really the MIB each time we saw him? Not at all.

the MIB masquerading with Claire does not necessarily mean that he also did so earlier with Jack. There are other possibilities. Especially in a show like this.

We know that he could have done it. We know that he claims to have done it. But being a liar, and the boldness of the assertion (reasserted only moments later by Claire. . . yes, writers, we get it!). . . methinks they doth protest too much.

But either way, him appearing with Claire prior doesn't confirm anything one way or the other regarding Jack's prior experience.

Edit: Spoiler tag.

Edited by Hurin

Confirms that

Christian

was really the MIB each time we saw him? Not at all.

the MIB masquerading with Claire does not necessarily mean that he also did so earlier with Jack. There are other possibilities. Especially in a show like this.

We know that he could have done it. We know that he claims to have done it. But being a liar, and the boldness of the assertion (reasserted only moments later by Claire. . . yes, writers, we get it!). . . methinks they doth protest too much.

But either way, him appearing with Claire prior doesn't confirm anything one way or the other regarding Jack's prior experience.

Edit: Spoiler tag.

He said in the episode he was only able to copy Locke because Jack brought back his body. And he can only copy the deceased so, by that i can believe that every time we saw

Christian

it was MIB.

He said in the episode he was only able to copy Locke because Jack brought back his body. And he can only copy the deceased so, by that i can believe that every time we saw

Christian

it was MIB.

I agree with Hurin, I think there's more than one shape changing whatever-the-hell-those-things-are on the island. When not-Locke runs into the Sun and she blames him for her inability to speak English he seems confused by her accusation. It doesn't track with what we know of not-locke to try and hide that from her when it was just the two of them talking and he has no reason to lie about it.

Edited by eugimon

Christian

it was MIB.

Here's Hurin's reply ahead of time:

Or so he sayssss.... haha...

alright, I guess it's one of those things but from the things I remember I took it as true... can't really find out now so Iwon't argue.

There's one thing that bugs me, which I think is writer's error. Last week in the beginning Dr. Pierre Chang introduced Hugo for that award. Shouldn't he be dead in that reality if the timeline was created by the nuclear blast burying the island underneath the sea? Plus he was the same age as when the bomb went off.

There's one thing that bugs me, which I think is writer's error. Last week in the beginning Dr. Pierre Chang introduced Hugo for that award. Shouldn't he be dead in that reality if the timeline was created by the nuclear blast burying the island underneath the sea? Plus he was the same age as when the bomb went off.

Yeah, that question popped up in a few spots. Costume should have been paying attention to the script but considering his scene was short (mostly him talking) and you don't see him for too long (plus the room is dark), I'll just let it slide.

Christian

it was MIB.

EXO's reply aside (he seems to get it). . . for the life of me I can't figure out how this verifies/confirms anything. If the MIB can assume the shape of someone who is deceased. . . why can't someone else? Now think really, really hard. . . have we ever seen anyone else on the island that has powers/capabilities meeting or even surpassing those of the MIB?

Also, last I checked, Richard didn't bring his dead wife's body with him to the island. Yet the MIB (?) took her form at least momentarily.

The guy lies a lot, dude.

And when someone who is known to be a liar takes time out to look you sternly in the eye and tell you something. . . and then has a flunky come up to you and conveniently repeat it to you a few minutes later. . . you best take that information with a grain of salt and wonder why it's so important to the liar that he make you believe this information.

I don't know why, but I am still suspecting that MIB is not really the bad guy in all of this.

I don't think there is a "good" guy. Jacob is a pretty amoral bastard as well, they both manipulate and kill people to suit their needs, so who's to say MIB is the bad guy cuz he kills people himself while Jacob uses phenomena to do it?

Edited by eugimon

I tend to agree. I think by the end we'll have a different understanding of the MIB's nature. But only for two reasons:

1. Hollywood writers are generally a bunch of post-modernist commie pussies who don't believe in "good" or "bad". . . "hero" or "villain". . . well, they do so long as it gets you to tune in. But then once they have you, they like to then start introducing all their hippie crap.

2. Having the villain turn out to be a good guy (and vice-versa) is the patented, cheap uber-plot twist that gets morons clapping their hands with glee. Though, it's so cliched by now that I'm hoping it'll be avoided in this case.

I tend to agree. I think by the end we'll have a different understanding of the MIB's nature. But only for two reasons:

1. Hollywood writers are generally a bunch of post-modernist commie pussies who don't believe in "good" or "bad". . . "hero" or "villain". . . well, they do so long as it gets you to tune in. But then once they have you, they like to then start introducing all their hippie crap.

2. Having the villain turn out to be a good guy (and vice-versa) is the patented, cheap uber-plot twist that gets morons clapping their hands with glee. Though, it's so cliched by now that I'm hoping it'll be avoided in this case.

Damn... that's an extremely fitting critique on a Macross board.... since it sums up every Macross series very nicely.