Super Deformed Minmay Doll

Cyclone Trooper

Dancing/Singing Minmay Doll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one for your collection if an exact replica was made?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Yes, but only if she really sings and dances

post-8356-1269454923_thumb.jpg

I was flipping through the Gold Book this afternoon and when I came across the Minmay Doll's line art on page 249, it made me think about the relative scarcity of this particular item from Macross merchandise. Hell, the GB even gives specific measurements on what the doll's height is supposed to be (20cm tall). To my knowledge, the only doll that's been made is the one that came with the CM Macross Collection Minmay set...and that one is nothing but a PVC statuette. I may very well be wrong about this, and if so, I'd love to see pics.

Seeing how the Minmay Doll played a pivotal part in both the original SDFM and DYRL as one of the catalysts behind the "cultural contamination" among Zentraedi troops, I would have thought some company--at some point--would have produced a working replica of said doll. The Minmay Doll seems to be very similar in nature to the iPets that have come out in the past few years. You can play streaming music through them (and some can have songs uploaded to onboard memory) and they move to the beat of the music. In essence, this is what the Minmay Doll does. She dances a little jig as she sings. The technology is there...it's just a matter of applying it to this particular doll, I guess...

I think it'd be a neat addition to a collection, personally.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Hmm...point taken...

hey don't get me wrong... if they made a movie/show accurate minmay doll that had the songs built in... I'd probably buy it. (I bought all the movie accurate Toy Story stuff) But how many of us Macross Collectors that would are out there?