Extending my diorama... RON5864 extension WIP...

miriya

So I have been working on this project for way too long but have finally made some progress and thought to start a thread to help me stay on track.

A while back the very talented RON5864 built a totally ass kicking repair bay diorama for my 1/48 yamatos. A lot of you have probably seen it, some in person at the last Macrossworld convention, and some up at the GALLERY . Anyway, I have been wanting to make an extension to it for ages and have been working on it for a while. Ron has helped me with advice on materials to use and which paints he used which I have gotten and will use to paint it. So I thought to update here with my slow progress.

The walls and floor are foam board and the bay door I have scratch built from styrene sheets using mainly my panel line scribe to cut the styrene and for some minor detailing. At this point there is some more work to do for sure but once it is painted up I am hoping that it will look somewhat decent next to Ron's masterpiece.

Some pictures here...

gallery_4840_400_619202.jpg

gallery_4840_400_645896.jpg

gallery_4840_400_448033.jpg

gallery_4840_400_661384.jpg

gallery_4840_400_434809.jpg

gallery_4840_400_637352.jpg

gallery_4840_400_719028.jpg

gallery_4840_400_605212.jpg

gallery_4840_400_351941.jpg

miriya! You da man, MAN! Damn I wish I had the time get into something like this! Creating the dio's look so simple and I would love to expand mine as well. Hopefully if you're able to complete it I'll have some time on my hands by then and I can engage you and Ron for some tips of my own. Looks awesome bro!

Awesome! Thanks for all of the support everyone. Not sure if I will be able to get much more done before next week when I go on vacation for a week but when I get back I want to hit this hard.

Ron, I will email you pics of the parts I was hoping you could help me get maybe in a day or three. Thanks for your help on that. My local hobby shop is cool and the people who work there are great but they have very little stock and selection.

Also Diorama madness will continue when TundraYeti busts out his insanity soon. Look out for that. I am in for a happy ride with that one too.

Dioramas forever!!!

Awesome! Thanks for all of the support everyone. Not sure if I will be able to get much more done before next week when I go on vacation for a week but when I get back I want to hit this hard.

Ron, I will email you pics of the parts I was hoping you could help me get maybe in a day or three. Thanks for your help on that. My local hobby shop is cool and the people who work there are great but they have very little stock and selection.

Also Diorama madness will continue when TundraYeti busts out his insanity soon. Look out for that. I am in for a happy ride with that one too.

Dioramas forever!!!

Thanks for the shout out! My machine is almost tweaked to perfection so in the next week I should be ready get into gear!

Looks great! I always wanted to do that when I was younger. I started but then grew up and left home - only to make even more Macross stuff with less shelf space :lol: Keep it up! - MT

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ron for the detailing sets. My digital camera broke but when I get my hands on another I will post pics of the parts that Ron got and any new progress here.

So Ron, for the painting, i am using the same Testors modelmaster enamel sprays that you used. How should I apply coats? Should I spray one light coat at a time? How long to wait between new light coats?A minute? A day? Thanks!