Lost and Found Toys now flightpose.com

logos

I'm with DyNo on this one. The Silicone tips on my stand left marks and residue on the 1/48 HIKARU 1S that I have on display. For anyone thinking of purchasing the Flightpose stands, I recommend they either find a replacement for those Silicone tips or just look for an alternative type of display stand.

I loved the old version with the black rubber tips and the new ones are garbage. They have taken the paint off my yamato valks (strangely the bandai ones seem unaffected). The new ones also have the tenancy to crack like a poster above stated. Never had that problem with the old versions. The worse thing is how the flightpose people don't acknowledge there is a problem and try to work on a solution. It would be an awesome product if they could fix these issues. Sure beats paying $80 for the yamato stand.

I had one Valk damaged by the tips, but it was in direct contact with paint. I now make sure the tips do not touch any paint apps on the Valk.

No problems with cracking on the stand base or further damage to any Valks.

Edited by typhoon

I don't think the guy from the company even posts here anymore since the problem came to light...

He hasn't really posted here long before that, but I know Carlos is a huge Macross fan. But if people stop buying his products there's really not much you can do. Change something or lose customers and take a hit on your business.

I have the old rubber-tipped ones, and I absolutely love them.

You definitely don't want to overtighten the screws on the base, or you risk stripping the screw thread (and getting a floppy prong that can't hold anything).

Sucks that the issues with with the clear tips were never resolved. I'd probably buy a few more if they went back to the rubber tips. I've been staying away from the new ones after seeing all the issues posted on the forum.

And folks, you do realize that all the prongs don't have to be the same length, right? Mix and match those prong lengths to make some ridonkulous poses!!

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt there will be any updates. the last time Los posted, he stated that the manufacturers were not finding the same issues as us and that the official stance is to not use the stand long term posing. Disappointing. I just wish they would rollback to the black tipped ones. Never had any problems with those. Anyone want to sell me their used ones?

Flightpose never had the black tipped ones. From what I remember there was a different manufacturer for those. Really good quality. Solid bases and heavy. They were going out of business and LaF toys bought the patent and then they made changes and became Flightpose.

Ah, good to know. I just started collecting when they were blowing out their old stock and waiting for the new ones to come in. Only got 3 of the black tipped ones. Wish i was able to get more. When you get down to it these stands were a really good idea, a reasonably priced stand that looks good. When you have as many valks as i do (and probably everyone else here) you don't want to spend $50-100 for each stand. I remember when i first bought that Yamato stand back in 2008 i paid $50 (25 for the stand and 25 for shipping) and i though that was crazy. Now that stand is going for like $98 shipped. I'd sooner put that money towards a new valk.

I suppose you could just get those self-adhesive felt pads available at Radio Shack or Home Improvement stores; they make them in many different sizes/diameters. It's not an ideal solution, but it would give you a non-skid, non-marring, surface separating the damaging clear tips of the stands from your precious VF.

I don't have any of the new stands, only severeal of the old, pre Flightpose, black tipped ones, and while they do no damage to plastic, paint, sticker, decal, or tampo prints, they do tend to leave a bit of splotchy residue behind on whatever you're displaying if left on the stand for a long time; the good thing, however, is that the residue is easy to clean off with a bit of soapy water.

Edited by mechaninac

I've had plastic wrap (generic kind that you can get from grocery stores) wrapped around the tips and they work just fine to hold the valks without damage. I've had valks with clear coats sitting on the stands with wrapped tips for months and they seem fine compared to when they were on without the tips covered.

I cut a small square. Pull it tight over the tip, wrap the ends together, twist them and tuck it under the tip. It looks clean and holds the valk decently since plastic wrap has some grip as well.

Flightpose never had the black tipped ones. From what I remember there was a different manufacturer for those. Really good quality. Solid bases and heavy. They were going out of business and LaF toys bought the patent and then they made changes and became Flightpose.

I thought they weren't patentable. That's the last thing I remember. I think S_i_t_h_l_o_r_d or someone originally did the group buys on the stands.

So just to clarify the black rubber tips are okay but the newer clear tips strip the paint?

I think it depends on what they have in stock at the time of ordering. I wanted a few of the mixed sets about 6 weeks ago and I could only order the 2.5 and 6 inch versions.

I don't believe they accept back orders, so just send them an email and ask about production times.

Oh no... I can see how that would happen, packing and moving is a big thing but argh, that sure does sound like the sort of thing to kick yourself for afterwards!

I think I did the same thing with some random Zoids stuff the last time I moved... Now I really wish I'd been a little more careful.

I'm not worried about it, they're only cheap stands. I was going to buy some of the newer ones until reading this thread.

I would rather have the official yamato macross stands anyway, to bad they're out of print.

I might try those plastic risers some people use.