Lost and Found Toys now flightpose.com

logos

Got the Following email from Lost and Found Toys last night:

03.09.10 - FlightPose

We have launched a new site for our display stands! The FlexiDisplay Stand v2 has been rebranded as FlightPose. We feel it is a more concise description of our product. Check out the new store at www.flightpose.com.

Recent News...

We are officially closing our webstore in the month of March. As most have you have noticed we quit listing new pre-orders by late spring of 2009. In our short stint as an online retailer of imported Japanese toys we have been very fortunate. However economic forces have made it evident that we need to divert our attention from retailing to manufacturing. We have had a fun ride the last four years and greatly appreciate all the business from loyal and new customers.

Current inventory is being moved in groups to our eBay store (lostandfoundtoys). If anyone has questions regarding combined shipping or pricing, feel free to contact us at sales@laftoys.com.

Carlos

www.LAFtoys.com

So for those of you who need flexi stands we still have a source to buy them! Thanyou Jeebus! :lol:

Link for new site

http://www.flightpose.com/

work fine for me

_DSC9970.jpg

mix and match is always best in terms of sizing.

Cool. Thanks. Looks good!

Is the different size rods a result of mixing and matching? Sorry, I've never owned any kinds of stands before. I do know the at the clunky Yamato ones are FUGLY. But these are nice.

Edited by fifbeat

Shouldn't be restricted to flight/fighter modes for those who collect variables. What ever happened to collecting awesome pics of poses from us members here?

He actually did use a few shots from us, specifically from eugi and m0n5t3r.

If you click the "Customer Action Shots" on the bottom left, you'll see the pics selected.

This is me purely speculating here, but I'm guessing Los went with the pics that had the more professional looking white or uniform-colored backgrounds. I can sorta see the logic in that.

And I understand why he wants to advertise them as "FlightPose" stands now: it makes them more marketable to the action figure vehicle and model aircraft crowds.

However, I'm probably gonna keep calling them "flexi's." That's what makes them so much better than most stands out there: they're flexible and adaptable to almost any pose your imagination can come up with. Wanna pose your Valk banking hard left? No problem. Wanna switch it to banking hard right? Move the prongs around and viola!

Much like a Valk, it's that ability to adapt to the situation (or the pose) that makes the "flexi" name so appropriate.

EDIT: Mixing and matching is essential to getting the best poses.

Edited by Mog

Cool. Thanks. Looks good!

Is the different size rods a result of mixing and matching? Sorry, I've never owned any kinds of stands before. I do know the at the clunky Yamato ones are FUGLY. But these are nice.

thanks.

yeah, the rods are in 3 sizes and you can fit any combination of the different sizes into the stand base. I would suggest starting off by getting one set of each size and just getting a feel for them.

Yeah I wish they included an "all three" sizes pack like they did on their original site. Having all three sizes gives you some great flex-ability when doing some "extreme" posing.

Either way I think they are great stands and defiantly worth it for the price.

He actually did use a few shots from us, specifically from eugi and m0n5t3r.

If you click the "Customer Action Shots" on the bottom left, you'll see the pics selected.

This is me purely speculating here, but I'm guessing Los went with the pics that had the more professional looking white or uniform-colored backgrounds. I can sorta see the logic in that.

And I understand why he wants to advertise them as "FlightPose" stands now: it makes them more marketable to the action figure vehicle and model aircraft crowds.

However, I'm probably gonna keep calling them "flexi's." That's what makes them so much better than most stands out there: they're flexible and adaptable to almost any pose your imagination can come up with. Wanna pose your Valk banking hard left? No problem. Wanna switch it to banking hard right? Move the prongs around and viola!

Much like a Valk, it's that ability to adapt to the situation (or the pose) that makes the "flexi" name so appropriate.

EDIT: Mixing and matching is essential to getting the best poses.

Ahh, i missed that Mog! They do look good! :) Yes if you want to look professional you need clean backgrounds, not just unbelieveable poses.

I'm also new to these stands.

So let me see if I got the facts right....The base will esentially be the same and the difference is only in the length of the rods which will be eighter 4" or 6" long.

So they are able to sustain the same weight regardless of the size?

I'm also new to these stands.

So let me see if I got the facts right....The base will esentially be the same and the difference is only in the length of the rods which will be eighter 4" or 6" long.

So they are able to sustain the same weight regardless of the size?

Yes. So long as you tighten them correctly, I've never had a problem with them supporting any valk.

25byg.jpg

gamlin.jpg

77634921.jpg

You'll probably wanna be careful though if you're putting on a fully-loaded 1/48 with GBP-1S armor or an Alpha-Beta combo. The extra heft on those suckers makes me think twice about putting them on a flexi.

You also gotta be careful about not tightening the screws too much. If you go too far in tightening them, you risk stripping the screwhole's thread, resulting in floppy prongs.

Yeah when I first checked their site over a week ago I could have sworn I saw all three sizes. Maybe they are just running out of stock. Here's hoping they get more. :)

Good to see these are still around, they were a great idea 5 years ago and still are. I too wish you could get a multi pack or that they just sold extra pylons of differing lengths for a few bucks each as you really do need to mix and match to get more dynamic poses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is the base lighter compared to the original one? And has the quality of the rods dropped as well?

the base is now hollow so it's lighter, but the rods are better. Each arm is a single piece of acrylic so you don't have the ugly metal sections. also the clear plastic tips don't leave marks.

• 2 months later...

Flightpose just restocked its stands! Set of 3 is now $38.99! Damn that was a long wait...

About time! I've been needing some new stands. It's been a while since I've gotten some. I still have the old style ones with the black rubber tips and some with circular bases.