Official 1/100 BANDAI VF Hi Metal VF-1J Valkyrie

Black Valkyrie

Is it possible to order the Max from that site even though I'm in the States? I don't get it. The site seems to say that they will take pre-orders through September... Do you need some special membership or something? I don't get it.

Is it possible to order the Max from that site even though I'm in the States? I don't get it. The site seems to say that they will take pre-orders through September... Do you need some special membership or something? I don't get it.

you have to have an address in Japan or a Japanese resident proxy to order it for you.

You can try a deputy service like Celga, Shopping Mall Japan, Crescent-Shop, etc.

Though mostly for Yahoo Japan auction purchases, these places also have a service where they buy the items for you from Japanese sites that don't ship internationally.

I've used Crescent-Shop and Celga before for buying doujinshi.

You can try a deputy service like Celga, Shopping Mall Japan, Crescent-Shop, etc.

Though mostly for Yahoo Japan auction purchases, these places also have a service where they buy the items for you from Japanese sites that don't ship internationally.

I've used Crescent-Shop and Celga before for buying doujinshi.

Thanks for the heads up man.

Thanks for the heads up - very interesting! The guys here are always great. I have heard of more ways to get toys here than anywhere else, and I really appreciate it.

If anyone is interested, Toy-wave has a pre-order up for the VF-1J Max HERE. A little pricey but maybe worth it?

Edited by atreyu2112

still don't have a convincing reason or desire to own any Hi-Metal VF-1.

Graham

Only way I'll desire one is if Bandai releases a Regult model to go along with the Hi-Metal VF-1 that will cost about $400. :p

The most I'll buy is the upcoming VF-1J.

As it is, I'm in too deep with Yamato's 1/60's to be starting the same collection in a new toyline:

VF-1A Max TV

VF-1J M&M

VF-1D VR

VF-1J Hikaru (ordered yesterday)

VF-1S Roy TV (preordered)

BTW, is there any possibility of a VF-2SS for the HM line?

Personally, I just can't see how a Macross "staple" like Max's -1J can be made into a web exclusive. A MacII VF-2SS? Maybe. But Max, and all by himself, too? You can't have a Max -1J without Milia.

Edited by GU-11

yeah, I've had enough vf-1's. I'm holding off on the hi-metals until there's a yf-19 or vf-11b. And I guess I'm warming up to the vf-17 design, with the exception of that unfortunate gerwalk. So I'm slightly holding my breath.

I hear Bandai is not going to bundle the super parts (but almost certainly will release them). The idea is that the economy in Japan is not very good and there seems to be a toy buying threshold just above where they're going to be selling their Hi-Metal VF-1. The price + super parts is viewed as above that buying threshold. So, I'm not expecting to see any bundles until this line picks up some momentum. The same logic is also why the VF-19K toy has had so much after the fact development. They figured people would balk at the idea of purchasing it for just a tiny bit more than its MSRP but if people really liked it they might pick up the extras that might have otherwise come bundled with a more expensive toy separately.

I am still on the fence about these too! I have a pre-order in for the 1J Hikaru but I really don't want to spend $100+ on the 1J Max. That's holding me back BIG time. Add to that, the price point on these is almost too close to standard 1/60 v2 Valks. I already have 6 1/60 v2 Valks with only 3 to go for me to be really happy, and one of the Valks I still need happens to be the Max 1J. I might be stickin to the 1/60s...

I hear Bandai is not going to bundle the super parts (but almost certainly will release them). The idea is that the economy in Japan is not very good and there seems to be a toy buying threshold just above where they're going to be selling their Hi-Metal VF-1. The price + super parts is viewed as above that buying threshold. So, I'm not expecting to see any bundles until this line picks up some momentum. The same logic is also why the VF-19K toy has had so much after the fact development. They figured people would balk at the idea of purchasing it for just a tiny bit more than its MSRP but if people really liked it they might pick up the extras that might have otherwise come bundled with a more expensive toy separately.

They're going to be tamashi exclusives, aren't they... :rolleyes:

Personally, I just can't see how a Macross "staple" like Max's -1J can be made into a web exclusive. A MacII VF-2SS? Maybe. But Max, and all by himself, too? You can't have a Max -1J without Milia.

It seems to me like Max and Milia are exclusives pretty often. Both transforming and non-transforming Max and Milia Revoltechs were exclusives, for example.

I am happy with my 1:60 V2.

ditto. the hip joint system on this turkey is fairly awful,

though i suppose that it is the only way to make the mechanism

durable in teeny 1/100 scale, outside of a hideous swing-bar

system ala the 1/72 HCM...

HCMColle1.jpg

fairly homely looking little bastards, but they sure have some major nostalgia value...

Edited by Shaorin

I'm really eager to see how the hip joint functions in my hands. Having it be able to extend away from the body could hugely improve articulation but if it comes at the expense of making the hip harder to angle that'd be a shame.