Official 1/100 BANDAI VF Hi Metal VF-1J Valkyrie

Black Valkyrie

Yeah, looks like if its legs aren't extremely spread out in a stance, its hips look wide and spacy....

It'll be the Van Damme of VF's....

can't be helped due to the way the swing bar is designed. Instead of plugging in to the nose cone it has a little saddle that goes around the nose cone instead.

Don't care about Max's exclusive. I'm only going to buy Hikaru's VF-1J and Roy's VF-1S to be in scale with Yamato's 1/100 König Monster.

This exclusive tiny little piece of sh it will cost the same as a 1/60 VF-1 Yamato without Fast Packs!!!

Easy pass, Yamato's 1/60 v2 VF-1 is the KING. It sucks for the people that wanted a small affordable VF-1 collection.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Makes me really glad I'm happy with my 1/60s. <_<

See, a rare variant like an Angelbird or prototype I can understand being an exclusive.

Main characters? Bandai, one of my fingers has a message for you.mad.gif

Yep the Angelbird as an Exclusive makes sense. Yamnato 1/48 version seemed to be in online stores for a while and its a Valk that only got 5 seconds screen time. It appeals would be to those who gotta collect them or all those who just loved the first episode.

Max appears in half of the series in his VF-1J. He's a main character.

My fear that certain Valks would become web exclusives has turned true. I think I even posted this earlier on in the VF-19 Kai thread.

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed that DYRL Hikaru VF-1S doesn't receive the same fate...

As for Max -1J, I thought it was only briefly shown in the last two episodes of SDF.

im torn between Hasbro MP Grimlock or gettin these..

:mellow:

Hasbro Grimlock is going to be $59.99, less than 1/2 the price of the Japanese version AND with the crown(and I think red sword) that were only available via the MP-8X exclusive which costed even more than the regular Japanese release. I'd get Grimlock, and wait for the reviews on the VF HI METAL VF-1J. For the price, you are getting a ton more bang for the buck out of Grimlock.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Its a good thing I'm not fan of this VF, Hmm........ Miria will also be exclusive ?! I have a bad feeling that if Bandai will produce the VF-19P, its gonna be exclusive too. Lets hope not.

From what I understand since there are gonna be exclusive VFs, may be Bandai won't produce all of them.

I thought Max only got his VF-1J after the rain of death... his VF-1A would be the more iconic valk but that paint scheme doesn't sell well.

I forgot which episode that is but I do remember that he got the 1J after the Virgin Road episode. His 1A is awesome, more combat relevant but it doesn't have the flashy looks/contrast of his VF-1J. Hell the primary reason I want his 1S is because he kicked ass with it in DYRL?. That's just me though. There are some paint schemes I would definitely put money down on, but combat/character relevance fuels most of my purchases.

It's really a big bummer for people who would like to start with this line, the 2nd paint scheme is already a web exclusive item. hammer.gif

Having said that, I really don't think Bandai will do the whole line.

My guess is that Bandai will do all the ones that Takatoku originally did, except maybe the CF 1A "misa" variant. What I'm more curious about is the super parts. Having the Max be released sans super parts is a bad start.

Hasbro Grimlock is going to be $59.99, less than 1/2 the price of the Japanese version AND with the crown(and I think red sword) that were only available via the MP-8X exclusive which costed even more than the regular Japanese release. I'd get Grimlock, and wait for the reviews on the VF HI METAL VF-1J. For the price, you are getting a ton more bang for the buck out of Grimlock.

you hit the spot.. i guess the question is.. who will be released first grimmy or hikky..

... What I'm more curious about is the super parts. Having the Max be released sans super parts is a bad start.

also interested to see SP's/FP's for these and if they will be exclusive items or not. the new exclusive revo M&Ms don't have SPs too, last i checked. wtf is going on!?!?!?!? <_<

Why is this valk shown with DYRL style hands?

I only recently rewatched the whole SDF Macross series and was surprised by how few episodes Max's 1J was in. And even fewer for Miria's! Shows how nostalgia can sometimes deceive. Still very iconic, none the less.

Why is this valk shown with DYRL style hands?

I only recently rewatched the whole SDF Macross series and was surprised by how few episodes Max's 1J was in. And even fewer for Miria's! Shows how nostalgia can sometimes deceive. Still very iconic, none the less.

It comes with 2 different sets of hands. One DYRL style, one TV atyle.